FAMILY!!!
Ohh wow hearing about Samoa makes me homesick for those times and those memories. And I met Elder Tui'a at the mission conference we had a few weeks ago. I forgot to mention that. He is in that All poly picture I sent you! And I was thinking this morning about that time you surprised us in Hawaii and how awesome that was - it came at such a needed time, but I loved getting your updates from Samoa. And heck yes lets plan a trip to Samoa. AND COLAS PAPERS ARE IN!!!! WOOHOO!!!! I have been so excited all week to get her emailing saying her papers are in. Now just make sure you keep busy for the next 3 weeks while your waiting for them. I know they issue calls on Thursdays and then they have to get all the paperwork together so im praying for patience. Dont worry the call will come.
Anyways this week has been awesome! I dont know how to describe this week other than awesome. PDay last week was probably one of the most productive pdays we have had in a long time and we get alot accomplished and it was a great start to the week. That night we went to dinner then we had an FHE planned with the Pine family to teach Kasey a new member lesson. Well the Pines have 5 children all under the age of 10. The oldest is 9, then 8, then 6, then 2 then a 3 month old baby. So I guess i forgot to take into account that we were teaching children not just Kasey. And we were planning on talking about the plan of salvation. I figured okay we will let the kids teach us because im sure they get this lesson in primary. So I start by asking "So where did we come from" And the 6 yr old boy goes "Well you came from England, and my brother came from Utah" it was hillarious. I was sitting their thinking - more specific questions might be needed for the future. But it was so cute! I love the Pine Family.
Then tuesday we were off early to Twin for the training meetings. I was in training with sister Deschler who is serving in twin, and Sister Cline and Sister Kim were in my area. We went on 24 hour exchanges. So all morning we were trained till about 1pm then they wanted us to go out and apply what we learnt and do finding for at least 2 hours. Doesnt sound like alot but in our mission we do not spend alot of time finding. Anyways Sister Cannon was with us for the day as well. So me Sister Deschler, and Sister Cannon (Mission presidents wife) were all together in twin tracting. It was an awesome experience though because something in me just kept saying dont be scared. Talk to the people. And the goal we had been given was to talk to at least 10 new people that day. Well we knocked half a street and every person answered the door, they all said they werent interested but we had good conversations with them. Then we had a dinner appointment and cause it was Valentines day the people we were having dinner with made us this cool dinner - it was awesome. After dinner our appointment cancelled and we hadnt talked to all 10 people yet. We had only talked to 7 people. We were parked next to this park trying to decide what to do next. I saw this man walking his dog, and I said who wants to get out of the car and contact this man with me. Sister Cannon was like i'll come with you, so she did and we went and walked up and talked to him, only to find he wasnt all that interested but still we had a good conversation with him. Well we headed back to the car, and it was getting real dark by this time. its nearly 7pm, but we still need to talk to 2 more people to fulfil our goals. So off in the distance I see these 3 guys walking along this fence line. I said hey there are three guys over there lets go contact them. Sister Cannon said "My motherly instinct is kicking in and thats just dangerous, three guys three girls I dont know if its safe" well by this time their getting closer so I say to Sister Deschler what do you think? And shes like lets do it! So I literally jump out of the car (cause by this time they are right next to the car) and we go and contact them. And we get talking and they are real nice, and when we mention Jesus Christ suddenly they are busy. I mean that doesnt sound like that cool an ending to the story but the coolest part was I felt no fear walking up to complete strangers telling them about the gospel. I dont know how to explain it I just really enjoyed the confidence and the knowledge that the message I share is true, and no matter how many people reject you that doest change the truth of the message.
That night We were in twin, then the next morning we had the other half of the training in twin and it was on using the BOM. I love learning about the BOM. Then Sister Cline came and got me and one the way home we had to stop and treat ourselves to Panda Express. It just opened in Twin and I decided we just had to try it. Well Wednesday night was good. We taught some more lessons and enjoyed being back together as a companionship. We practiced teaching on this member family and it was amazing to feel the added measure of the spirit in members homes in comparison to investigators homes.
Anyways Thursday we had district meeting and it was fun. It was our DL bday on Saturday Feb 18th, and because Valentines day had just past, we decided to get a Pinata for our district so they could celebrate Valentines Day and the DLs Bday. We got to DM early and set it up in the gym and the elders had no idea what was going on. After DM we took them to the gym and they were so taken back by the pinata. It was cool to see them enjoy it. And ofcourse it was a Green Lantern Pinata because apparently he is the coolest superhero... Just saying????
Anyways thursday night we were in Richfield, and we taught a lesson to a Jehovas Witness. It really hit me though teaching him how much this grown man does not think God loves him. He said that hes done bad things in his life and for the past 15 years he has been waiting for a punishment from God. And I just kept thinking to myself - GOD LOVES YOU!!!!!! I mean this man is probably 50s at the youngest and for several years he thinks God is punishing him. And it just really humbled me to know that I have a sure knowledge that God loves me and no matter what I do that might be bad he will always love me. He is not out to punish me. It was a very humbling experience. That night I came home, and prayed and pondered alot about what I have been blessed with.
Friday we did weekly planning and then we were in Shoshone all day. We had a great day Friday and were practically teaching lessons all day. And then Saturday we were in Dietrich and the same thing happened. We were teaching lessons all day. Its interesting though because our lessons were different on Saturday. The spirit was present alot more in our lessons and it was very noticeable. The training's earlier in the week talked alot about making sure we have the spirit in our lives and I have truly been able to feel that over these past couple days. But we had this funny experience. So we were teaching this LA family. They have 3 girls and a boy and they are all under 10 I believe. Anyways we were talking about faith and what we believe in, and I asked the question "What do you believe in?" and the little girl yells out "Fairies!" it was so cute, and I kept thinking yup obvious questions strike again! I need to learn to teach children. But it made me laugh. She believes in Fairies. We got her to recognize she believed in God as well but it was a cute experience.
And then Sunday we were in Carey all day. We went to both wards in Carey and then saw people all evening. I we didnt get home till 9.30pm it was awesome. I love when our days are busy busy busy from appointment to appointment. Anyways that is my week. It has been an awesome week and like Elder Chadderton said I cannot believe how fast these transfers are going. We are in the last full week in Feb then March is already here. BTW Hina I saw the coolest present for Baby Joe the other day, it might take a container to get it to him though. But It was awesome! Anyways Hope everyone is well. Ohh and we started running in the mornings again. The other day we were running and it was snowing - no biggy. Running in the snow. But it has made a huge difference. I like running! Love you all. Have a good week. Take care, Sister Chadderton
No comments:
Post a Comment