28th February 2012

FAMILY!

Wow thats some exciting emails.  Oh I love you family. And Mola, its coming.............. Real soon. Im so excited!!!!! Anyways family this week has been a pretty rough week. Probably one of the most trying weeks on the mission thus far. I don't know how to explain why it was so rough but it was.

Monday was awesome and I love P-Day's as we get to have a break from our busy schedule.   Monday night we had dinner with a family in our area and after dinner we went out and taught a few lessons. When we got home, I prepared for bed and during the night I was up, "A LOT" because I kept getting sick. The next morning my companion said to me, "Stay in bed and rest!"  So I did because I just felt so left field. She kept looking at me and she said, "I have not seen you this sick ever!" So needless to say we didn't get out of our apartment until much later in the day. I know it had to be something I ate at dinner.  It may have been loaded with Dairy because I was sick!  But I hate being sick because I feel like I'm not fulfulling my purpose as a missionary when I'm laid up in bed trying to get better. But the day finished well so that was good. I am just grateful for my companion being so understanding. 

Wednesday arrived and we did our weekly planning and organized the rest of our week and then went out and did some missionary work. I was feeling so discouraged by the end of the day. Mostly because I just felt like I was in this rutt and that our area was not changing and I hadn't seen any changes for the past few weeks.

Anyway, on Thursday we had interviews with President Cannon and it was so great. He was so supportive and encouraging and he dismissed a lot of my fears.  I'm pretty sure I work myself up sometimes for no reason. On Friday we got up and went for a run.  It was awesome.  That same morning during companionship study we were talking and throwing random ideas around about finding people to teach. Then we had a lightbulb moment.  We got thinking and started talking about organizing a, "5 km Fun Run" for the Stake/ Community.  The more we got talking about this fun run, the more ideas we had pop into our heads and the more we became motivated to do it. So, we mapped it all out. We prayed and prayed some more, and then we felt like this was a real prompting that we needed to act on. We looked at the Calender and with only 3 weeks left before the next transfer the only date to hold the fun run on would be March 17 2012. Well, we ironed out a few details and then we decided lets put this into action. We called our Stake President and he said, "Yeah, I will support that. Go ahead!" So, we are doing it.  We are going to make it happen!"  We have talked to so many people about the 5 km run and they are all excited for it. To break it down a little more its called the," WOW 5 km Fun Run" which stands for, "Word of Wisdom!"  We will hold the run here in Shoshone and it will be for everyone in the Carey Stake and the Jerome Stake. It will be on March 17, 2012 which is St. Patrick's day, and we will have healthy snacks, and goody bags with, "WOW pamphlets" in them and a granola bar as well as stuff for the kids. And then when the runners come into the Church building after the race there will be a, "WOW" display set up by the youth showing what the WOW is etc. There are a few more details we need to finalize but after praying about this we just felt a renewed sense of determination and it has been awesome. Everyone we have talked to so far have been nothing but supportive (I cant decide if thats' because we are missionaries or they genuinely are excited for the event) but nonetheless the amount of community non-members that we have met with regard to organizing this race is huge. It's kinda exciting planning an event like this and my companion and I can see the missionary opportunities from it. This particular community of Shoshone is into fitness and getting fit but mostly community events so I am excited to hopefully get a lot of people involved. We are hoping to get t/shirts and everything for it too and the Stake President said we could have a budget for it so we are excited for that. So that is my good news for the week in that we are organizing a 5 km WOW Fun Run in Shoshone, Idaho.  So, in the mornings when we go running, we are running 5 km as we are in training for it, but we have come to the realization that we probably won't be running in the actual Fun Run as we will need to be at home base making sure everything is going smoothly. 

Anyway, the week ended well and yesterday at Church my companion and I were asked to help out with the Sunbeams class. They have 10 sunbeams! It was crazy! Honestly, I had 3 at tops in my class in Aeroview Ward and there were 10 in this class.   It was amazing to see the different levels of spirituality between home and family life.  We could tell just by simple things who prays and reads scriptures as a family and everything and who doesn't. Those basics are so important.

I am ready for another week and this transfer is going to fly by now that we are planning and organizing our Fun Run along with the lessons we have scheduled to teach this week. I love you all so much family. I cant wait to hear about Cola receiving her call and where she gets called to. Take care family,  Love Sister Chadderton 
These arent the best pics, but they are better then nothing.
001 - These awesome cloud formations I saw the other day
003 - The Coombs family (The lady was the one who called you to say hello Mum)



No comments:

Post a Comment