FAMILY!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS COLA! Your the bomb. I am so excited to be serving close to you Sister and at least I can send all my recent converts down to SLC and you can take them on tours. LOL. Love you so much!
Anyways family what a week! I think honest to goodness if I could fit anything else into this week I would have. But it was crazy in so many ways. Monday was awesome! We went and played ultimate frisbee with the Elders and that night we taught a few lessons and our investigators are progressing as you can actually see a change in them so thats exciting.
Tuesday was District meeting and it was our last district meeting for the transfer, so we tried this new restaurant for lunch because after district meeting you have district lunch. Anyway's, we got back to Shoshone, made flyers for the 5k (direction flyers so people knew which way to turn) and then went to the chapel to laminate them. Well, on arriving at the chapel I bolted for the toilet. I had the runs real bad (this may be too much information but its what happened) and that continued for about 2 hours straight. I couldn't be within 10mins of the bathroom as I was so sick. So needless to say eating was out, and so we had to go home so I could figure out what was up. I got some sprite and took immodium but still it wasn't settling my stomach. I was worried because the next day was the temple and I wanted to be able to sit through the temple. I got the Elders to come over and give me a blessing and then I slept soundly all night.
The next morning I had the strongest feeling like I shouldn't eat anything, just stick to liquids because my stomach was still not 100%. So I stuck to the sprite. We went to the temple and I made it through the session which was a huge miracle. Got back to Shoshone and had dinner (my first meal for the day - I was possibly starving) but not more then an hour later the runs came back. I made it through our last lesson for the night then went home and again the same thing happened. I realized nothing was staying in my stomach. By the way disclaimer I wasn't angry that I was sick and it was actually a pretty positive experience. I kept telling myself, "This is not getting me down, this is not getting me down."
Well, Thursday morning I found out about Cola's mission call and I had my dentist appointment so again I didn't eat anything and went to the dentist. Got 4 fillings so my whole mouth was numb and sore. So, as I was trying to get the numbness to wear off and the stomach pains to go away I kept thinking, "This is ridiculous. If I don't eat I will probably pass out and when they tell my mum I passed out because I didn't eat, because I was sick, she is going to kick my butt for being so dumb." So, I called the nurse and told her about my stomach and she reassured me that it was just a virus going around and that a lot of the missionaries were getting it so not to worry. She said to stick to liquids and if I did feel hungry to eat soft foods like bananas or eggs etc. I made me some eggs once I could gain feeling in my mouth again. Then we finally went out for the day and it was an awesome experience. My companion felt strongly about going to this one ladies house so we did, only to find out she had just gotten out of jail from a drink driving charge and she was ready to change her life and get back into full fellowship. So we were excited about that. It was one of those experiences where you know you are in the right place at the right time. It was funny because I had thanksgiving with her and her family and when I was leaving that night she said to me, "You know you have changed, you have morphed into this awesome missionary from when I first met you!" So, I thought that was cool even though it took me back a little bit. Well, we found out that another lady whose family we are working with was in the hospital so we went to see her. We called up the Elders first so that they could go and give her a blessing and then visited for a bit. She is a mother of 4 children and her husband is slowly being reactivated so they can be sealed this year. I love this lady and its so sad to see her in the hospital.
Then Friday! Friday we were spending all day getting 5k stuff ready. We went to Twin and brought all the healthy snacks and picked up the t/shirts, came home and set up or got as much ready as we could so that Saturday morning wouldn't be a mad rush. That night was a Relief Society birthday celebration dinner so we stayed for that and then went home and waited for transfer calls. And low and behold they came and I am being transferred. I am going to Meridian and my companion will be Sister Schoepf again. We are "shotgunning" an area which basically means they took all the missionaries out who were there and we get put in new without a guide as to whats happening. We just get to rely on the records and everything. But I was so shocked when it said I was going to be with Sister Schoepf again. I am so excited and ready for a change. Meridian is just outside of Boise and I leave at 1:00 pm so I will be able to update you with addresses and everything next week. Meridian is a city in comparison to these tiny towns I have been in, so it will be an interesting experience. Sister Schopef heads back to Nauvoo in April so I will end the transfer probably with a different companion.
Saturday, "RACE DAY!!!" It is upon us! We get up and get off to the chapel as quickly as we can. It's raining and lots of it! It's okay, we got in there and filled up the coolers and then loaded everything onto the back of Brother Pines truck and then we head out to set up the cones so people know where to turn during the race and also to set up the water stations. Brother Pine said he put a picture on facebook of us on the back of his truck. Sister Cline and I rode on the back of his truck and he rode inside his truck. It rained the entire time and even with my jacket on I was soaked through!!!!! We were having the greatest time on the back of the truck and I kept thinking are we being dumb, should we just cancel this race then we got a phone call and it was Sister Pine calling looking for the registration forms because people were there to sign in. We had over 80 people turn out to run the race in the rain!!!!!! We got back after setting up and I was soaked, Sister Cline was soaked and we hadn't even started the race yet. But we saw that the gym was full and we were so, so, happy. Luckily I had taken a spare jumper so i put that on, we got everyone registered and then the race started and yes I did run the race. I ran it in 36 mins which I was quite happy about because everytime we would run the 5k at night or in the morning I never broke the 40min barrier so to get under 40mins I was happy as!!!!! And there were non-members there so I know it will create opportunities for Sister Cline. And yup, I would definitely plan another fun run. It was an awesome experience and we received nothing but postive feedback from it. A miracle was that after the run was over it started snowing so I consider rain a huge blessing in comparison to it snowing and not being able to run in the snow. It snowed all weekend since the fun run ended so I know the Lord was definitely blessing us with light showers instead of icy storms. Prayers really are answered.
Then Sunday came and we went to Carey for church and I got to say goodbye to some people up their but the coolest thing happened. Remember Brenda who was baptised back in December? Well, her husband is a less active member and often he would hide from us when we would go over to teach Brenda. After some persistance, while we were in Carey yesterday the Bishop asked him to stand and he was ordained to the office of a priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. I had no idea that he was working on that and I about cried when he stood up. This is the same guy that would hide from the missionaries. He is trying to do everything he can now to get him and his wife to the temple in December. It was such a cool thing to see. The church really is true. I am excited for the next transfer and I will probably be in Meridian a couple of transfers. I love you family and this weeks highlight was definitely learning about Cola's mission call!!! I love you all so much and here are some pictures below. Take care, keep close to the Saviour. I love you all so much. Sister Chadderton (P.s It really was a good week)
007 - my district this transfer
008 - me and sis cline
009 - all the missionaries who came (before the race)
010 - me and sis cline
011 - start of the race
012 - me crossing the finish line (sister cline came back and ran the last bit with me)
013 - back of the tshirts and end of race picture
014 - me kasey, and bro pine
015 - me sister pine and sister cline after the race
016 - me signing bro pines shirt
017 - this is what the pine kids got up to last night while we were there for dinner
021 - President and Sister Roberts and Me!












No comments:
Post a Comment