7th February 2012

Family!!!!


Thank you all for your emails. As is evident by the subject line I am staying in Carey with Sister Cline for another transfer. I am so excited to be staying in this area because I feel like it will solidify some relationships with our investigators and help them come to trust what we are saying. A lot of the time when the missionaries get moved so much its hard to keep a constant flow with the investigators so Im excited to be here for another 6 weeks. 

This week has been great. Busy, but great. Monday, after P-day we went on exchanges so I spent the night in Twin Falls with the sister there and Sister Cline was with a different companion in our area. It was a really cool experience.  I loved how the next day everyone we went to see, my companion would warn me about or tell me things to watch out for and we would walk in and it would be like an optimal teaching setting or kids would be asleep so we could teach in peace, or people who aren't normally home were home so it was a really good spiritual boost. That night we exchanged back and when I got in the car Sister Cline said, "Did you get the voicemail?"  I was like, "What voicemail?" President Cannon had sent a voicemail around letting us know that Elder M. Russell Ballard would be speaking to the Mission on February 11th!!!!!! I was so excited when I heard it. I cannot wait for February 11th. Needless to say a lot of my personal study time is now focused on reading and learning all about Elder M. Russell Ballard. The focus of his ministry is apparently missionary work and he had a lot to do with writing Preach my Gospel so I am excited to be taught at the feet of an Apostle! Anyway's Tuesday night ended good.

Wednesday we had district meeting, and because we are carless this week -  because it is in the shop being repaired - we had a lady come pick us up to take us to district meeting only to find that we got there 30 minutes early and we thought we would have to wait for the Elders to come, only to find out they all decided to be at district meeting early. It was pretty funny and it was the last one for the transfer so I will include some pics we took. Then we got dropped back to Shoshone and a lady from Richfield came and picked us up and took us around Richfield for the evening. It was a cool experience because we were able to meet with some people who we had never met with nor ever heard of before, who want the discussions, and then as we were at home of less active members this same sister was able to connect real well with them so it was a testament to me of the usefulness of members at our lessons. Wednesday ended well and we looked forward to Thursday!!!

Yay, Thursday was temple day and it was awesome. Got to the temple, did initiatory, and then an endowment session and then we got some dinner before heading back to Shoshone. A lady from Dietrich took us to the temple and she stayed and went with us then dropped us home late.  That was real cool.  Later that night we went and got haircuts only because we had tried to make the appointments for Monday but the only day the hairdresser was available was Thursday so we went and got our haircut. Sister Cline got hers cut real short, and I only had mine trimmed. Apparently I have an attachment to my hair???  Not sure what that means!   But it looks a lot healthier now. Then we went and visited some people but it was a real creepy night. Imagine fog, on a dark, cold night, walking around outside, looking for certain house numbers. I felt like I was in some horror movie. The fog was so bad that night. 

Then Friday was weekly planning and it was great. It was the fastest we may have ever done weekly planning. Then we were in Shoshone the rest of the evening. We helped a lady pack, then we met a former investigator who has a lot of opinions about the church. The funniest thing was that this guy was pretty much rephrasing everything we were saying in a more argumentative tone. I kept thinking to myself, "If you would just listen to what your saying, because it's exactly what we are saying!"  That was a very interesting experience but I was inspired to share what I felt was a very powerful testimony at the end of the lesson and it was such a cool experience when your able to say, "I am a representative of Jesus Christ. He has chosen me to represent him at this very time." It was a powerful moment for me of exactly how I am truly here to do what Christ would have me do and I need not be ashamed or scared of the message that I share. Friday night we got the transfer call telling us we would be staying. So that was a huge weight off our shoulders.

Saturday we went and helped a lady move, and then we got dropped in Dietrich. We were on foot again this time and we walked the whole Dietrich town probably twice because of how small it is. Then we had some good appointments that night that stuck, so we were happy with that. 

Sunday we were back in Dietrich for church and then back to Shoshone where we were able to meet with a few new LA/ investigators. It will be interesting to see what happens in that area. Then low and behold it was Superbowl last night and can any one guess how many people want the missionaries over when the Superbowl is on? Well, I will enlighten you. None! Well, okay not really no one, but we thought it wiser to occupy ourselves in other ways instead of interuppting the precious Superbowl. What was more surprising to me was the amount of members planning on watching the Superbowl. So, the members didn't really want us there either. Instead we started studying about Elder M. Russell Ballard and looking up old talks that he had given. I think I have a copy of every talk he has given back to 2008 so thats some good reading. The night ended well and this week really has been a good week. I am grateful for my companion and all that she has taught me. And can you beleive it has been 6 months already? I can't! It has gone too quickly.

Anyways I have a song to sing real quick:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR HINALEI
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!

And many more,,,,, Hip, hip, hooray, hip, hip, hooray,!  Hi Hinalei, your useless Aunty will put your present in the mail today. Enjoy being a 3 three year old. I love you Button!!!!! And, just think you can tell me all about Primary and Pre-school when I see you next!

Goodness, I cannot beleive she will be 3!!!! Anyone still remember her first birthday? She is growing up so quickly. And make sure someone orders chicken nuggets and eats them for me... I haven't had MacDonalds in about 6 months!

I love you all. Thanks for the uplifting week from your emails. And yes Mum, a t/shirt from Samoa would be very nice!  Don't have too much fun please. The Roberts who I live with are going to Hawaii on Valentine's day and I am giving them all the tips. Makes me a little home sick for the islands, but thats okay. Me and the potatoes will continue to work hard! Have a good time. Love you all.

Sister Chadderton. 
Here are some pictures for the week. I will work on taking more.
001-  My district with the slightly crooked picture of Captain Moroni in the background
002 - This was taken about 5 seconds ago when I realized I didn't have any more pictures to send you! You can see where we email and what we look like today!

Love you family.

mail.jpg



mail.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment