FAMILY!!!!!
Sorry my email is a little later then usual! But, thank you for all your emails. I really do appreciate them. I am glad you are in good spirits and enjoying the WARMER weather. Keep enjoying the beach and getting tanned for me and I in turn will enjoy the snow for you! Well, this week was really different. Different in the sense that too many times I felt as if we were stuck in a rut with missionary work because we see the same people, at the same time, every week wether they are progressing or not. I know we aren't stuck and this week we have decided to branch out and meet new people and try new things so it made for an interesting week.
Monday night after P-Day we went to our appointments we had scheduled and low and behold no one was home so we went to this less active ladies home who we do service for and she was home. We go in and tell her that we are there to do service and she takes us into her room. Slowly, we have been helping her clean her house because it is so messy that she is overwhelmed at where to start with the cleaning, so we tell her to start with baby steps and that it is better then nothing. Anyway's, we had a cool experience where we were cleaning out her wardrobe and in her wardrobe she has all these shelves so we start making piles of what to throw out and what to keep etc. During this culling period we come across this book that looked like an old planner and I said, "Trash?" She goes, "Let me check if anything is written in it?" She flips through the pages and there tucked in the first page is a $100 bill. She about started to cry because she was so in need of money. She said that she had hidden $200.00 in her room sometime earlier but had forgotten where she'd hidden it and has been searching for it for quite some time. She really needed that money so I thought it was cool that we could be there to witness that miracle.
Tuesday we had district meeting and that's always good and I was asked to talk about why the baptismal invitation is so important. That afternoon we went to contact this referral we were given and the lady was home and was busy but said we could come back so we are excited for that. She has purple hair and we never caught her name so in my planner she is the purple hair lady. Then we were driving to the other side of Shoshone and saw this guy shoveling snow so we stopped the car and got out and helped him. Turns out he was shoveling the snow from off the side walks of the Catholic church so we did it for him. It was cool because he knew all about our church and he saw my name "Chadderton" and he said, "You know there used to be a Mr Chatterton that worked at the school?" So, he gave us his address and we went to contact him. He was lovely and invited us in. Told us all about his family and it was really cool to hear about all these people with a similar last name to mine. We talked about the church and he kept saying that he's too old to change. We left soon after and decided on the way back to our car that we would tract that street, so we did. We knocked on this one door and a man answered and said he's not really interested in the church, but his little daughter who is 5 and another who is 2 had come to the door. They had introduced themselves and then the 5 year old says "Well its cold out there why don't you come in for hot chocolate and marshmallows" and she was so insistent, "Come on, come in" and the Dad has no idea what to say so we politely told her next time we will stop by for Hot Chocolate and Marshmallows and then she says, "Well, it is cold and I'm going to have Hot Chocolate!" She was so, so, cute. We continued on our way and I kept thinking about how innocent that 5 year old was. It blew my mind. She must have been able to feel the spirit or she was just really friendly but I thought it was cool either way. Then we went to visit a less active family and we spent a lot of time listening to them. The dad works for a plastic company and they make all the plastic bags for Walmart so we got a LONG lesson on how they make Walmart bags. It was kinda funny. We shared a message with them before leaving and the coolest thing is that the whole family came to church on Sunday so that made the visit very worth while. That night we had the Book of Mormon class and it was awesome. We talked about Captain Moroni and I mean, "When is a lesson about Captain Moroni not awesome?" So, it was a great way to finish the evening.
Wednesday we were back in Shoshone and we did weekly planning in the morning and we decided that we were way more focused so it was good. We headed out and after we parked our car on one side of Shoshone, we walked the rest of the way around Shoshone. It was amazing because we actually got to meet a lot of people. I have found that too many times we are in our car and we never get to meet the people on the side walks so we decided to get out and walk and meet the people. That afternoon, we spoke at achievement day to the primary children and talked about how we prepared for our mission and later, we had appointments all night so that was good. We visited a lot of less active people and one cool thing that happened was that morning as we were saying companionship prayer we asked to be able to find someone ready for baptism and then we went to visit this one family and the lady was like, "Yeah I have been seriously thinking about baptism!" It was really cool seeing the Lord's hand in answering our prayers. While this lady did not commit to a baptism date, she said she would certainly pray about it. So, that was a cool experience. That night we went home early because the next day we were off to Boise for another training.
Thursday morning we were up bright and early to travel to Boise and the good news is that it didn't snow! It just rained! It rained the whole way their but we much preferred the rain to drive in then the snow. Needless to say, we arrived in Boise nice and early and most of all, safely. It was a great training session and just for the sister missionaries and I finally got to meet all the sisters in the mission so that was cool. I really enjoy the spiritual upliftment that comes from these training meetings and I learnt a lot about the spirit so I really appreciated that. Then we came home. I had woken up this morning with a sore throat and runny nose which wasn't good but I am doing okay. Just a bit of a stuffy nose.
Friday was a good day. We were in Carey all day and needless to say it wasn't our best day in Carey but we know that the people we visited were who we needed to see. We tried walking every where while in Carey and we didn't have much success due to the wide open SPACE between peoples houses. We attended a Stake Relief Society meeting that night where the talks were all about how much God loved us and how we need to simplify our lives. I really enjoyed being there and didn't realize just how many of the sisters we have come to know in the Stake. I loved it!
Saturday we were in Dietrich and we got to see alot of different people and the night ended with this awesome family called, the Hoskissons. They have 4 children and the mum is a good cook. Oh, did I mention that on Saturday morning I woke up as sick as a dog and my stomach was about ready to burst but a miracle happened, where all morning while I felt sick, I still continued on getting ready, said my prayers, did my studies etc and by the time we got in the car I felt a whole lot better, but when we got home that night I was feeling sick again. We had come home early because we had talks to write for Sunday. We spoke in Sacrament and had a great day.
Sorry I am losing steam for writing about my week. Okay but overall it was a good week. The talks were good and everyone said they were good talks. This morning we went to this Asian Market and I found dried Mango and Aloe Juice and that made my day! Anyway, sorry I don't have any cool pictures this week. We get transfer calls on Friday and so next week I will let you know what happens. Love you family. We are being kicked out of the Family History center now due to it closing. I love you all. Have a great week. I love you all. Take care Sister Chadderton xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment