25 September 2012


Family!

A whole new week!!! Thanks for all the emails and I can't believe Nanny and Grandad have been married for 50 years and will celebrate it on Saturday!  Happy Anniversary grandparents.  Thats amazing and so cool. Good example for sure.   This week has been SLOW!  I know we will be real busy soon enough so I should probably enjoy the break a little bit. 

Last Monday was good. We went shopping and I found a fabric store and got some stuff to put together a quilt for baby Rawiri. You know with all my free time I decided to add quilting to the list of things to do…haha!  Bytheway, Hina, you will love the baby quilt.   Monday night we taught a lesson to one of our most recent converts and it was about the Spirit. It was so cool and I had a bit of a realization.   It says in the Missionary white hand book that we have to be within sight and sound of our companions at all times and it dawned on me, that that means we have to be within sight and sound of the Holy Ghost at all times as well and how we need to make sure we are always doing the right thing so as to not drive the spirit away. It was just cool connecting the dots.   We finished the night by delivering some more Temple Open House invitations and set up more appointments then headed home. 

Tuesday was a good day. We started the day with service where we went and pulled weeds for this one lady.  We were pulling weeds from a patch of road that looked like it was normal for it to have weeds in it, but I just enjoyed being outdoors doing some service so I didn't care where the weeds grew.  After our service project we had lunch, then went and visited Fern and Ken - an older couple who I feel are a little lonely.   I took some pictures with them and then we headed to dinner and after dinner we went to the Chapel so Lariann could have her baptismal interview. Normally baptismal interviews would take around 15 minutes so we had planned to go out with a Ward Mission leader at 7:30 p.m. but the Elders were running a little late and the interview didn't start until 7:15 p.m. and it went for 45 minutes which was a little longer then we'd hoped but she passed her interview and was fine to be baptized.  The District Leader later told us that he wanted to know her conversion story.   We were late for our next appointment with a lady named Heather who wants to have the lessons. The night ended good.

Wednesday was Zone Conference and I love the spirit at Zone Conference.  We role played alot about the temple and talked alot about the Book of Mormon because as a mission we have been reading the Book of Mormon for the past 3 months, so it was good to reflect and discuss things about it. That night we went on splits with another set of Ward missionaries and met some less active families. We stopped by one ladies home whose name is Ella and she said she wanted her daughter to have a blessing because she just found out her daughter has cancer. It was sad to hear and told her that we would organize to have someone come and do the blessing.  I was feeling a little sick later that evening and I think it was from all the sandwiches I'd eaten at Zone Conference thinking a little gluten wouldn't hurt.  Yeah clearly I was wrong!

Thursday I had to get a blessing and I managed to improve to get out and do some work. I just hate staying home its such a waste of time.  That night we had a few appointments and we also did weekly planning today because on Thursday night Boise State University - the local football team - were playing BYU so we struggled to get appointments because people will just ignore the door while the game is on. Not even members let you in, sad but true. But the Lord provided and we had 2 appointments that saw us through the night. We visited and met Ella's daughters and the Bishop gave her a blessing so that was a cool experience then we called it a night.

Friday Sister King wasn't feeling too well but by the afternoon we all went out and visited more people. It was pretty cool because we managed to hand out almost all the Temple invitations that we had left. It was a really good day and we met a lot more people in Middleton this week then we have in the previous two weeks. Our appointment that night cancelled on us but on the bright side, it left more room for us to meet more members and get them excited about the Temple.   I believe the spirit of excitement is in the air for the Temple Open House and there is an announcement in the Ensign about the Boise Temple.  It's really nice.  We had a good night. 

Saturday was a crazy day!!!!! We had a correlation meeting first thing in the morning and then Sister Howard called and said she was stopping by to say hi and take us to lunch, so I was excited.  She came by with her parents and it was awesome seeing Aussies!  However, Middleton doesn't really have a lot of good places to eat so instead we ended up at the grocery store and got chicken and stuff and took it back to the Church building and ate there.  It was like the good old days when we would come back from the beach and grab some cooked chickens and rolls with tomato, lettuce and cheese and eat them.  I passed on the rolls this time because I didn't want to get an upset stomach.  It was so good seeing Sister Howard again and it actually gave me a peace of mind regarding you guys not coming to pick me up. I know I want you to, but I can also see the benefits in you not coming, plus like you said it isn't fair to pick up one missionary and not the others. So, don't worry, I am totally okay with the whole thing. I got to make a video and sing happy birthday to send to Cola and the Howard's will play it for her when they see her at Conference.  She won't be phased by my awesome singing. Lol.  Later that afternoon Barb Webb came and picked me up and drove me to Meridian so I could go to Anthony's baptism. I got there just as they were starting and as I walked in Anthony had this big smile on his face and his girlfriend gasped because someone had told them that I wouldn't be able to make it to the baptism so they were chuckling when they saw that I'd made it. They asked me to share my testimony after he was baptized and I just cried through my whole testimony.  I know how long Anthony has waited for this.  You couldn't wipe the smile off of Anthony's face and I was so, so, happy for him.  Then Tana Bovee picked me up and drove me back to Middleton just in time to make it to Lariann's baptism and to hear the speaker talking about baptism.    I was glad that I didn't miss much.  Overall a very busy but great day.

Sunday we attended church from 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. and we fasted for opportunities to find more people to teach and also for good health and strength for our companionship.  Yesterday, we got 4 referrals from people so we are going to contact them this week.  Honestly, I know the Lord hears and answers our prayers when we pray in faith. Last night we handed out more Temple invitations and then we had an appointment with Meciah and she is getting ready for her home coming and she was trying to decide what to do with her hair and I told her I would come over and do it for her with my GHD so that was cool.  Service comes in all forms. Overall the night and the week ended good.

I am so excited to see the work pick up in this area.  I think in my last email I said I was the oldest serving missionary sister but what I meant was I am  the longest serving sister in the mission, I am not the oldest age wise, there are sisters who are older then me.  It just means I get to organize a few more things for the Sisters which is fine. Organizing people is something I specialize in.   Well, family enjoy the warm weather as it is getting colder here and yesterday it rained for the first time in a long time!  There are some bad fires in Idaho at the moment and there is a smoky haze over the valley so the rain was a welcomed blessing as it helped with quelling the fires and also clearing the haze.  But, it's definitely getting colder - Boo hoo - here comes Winter. Anyways, I love you family. I love being a missionary and it's a great blessing and I can't believe the time is going so quickly!!! Love you all. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxo P.s.  Mum, I didn't get Sister N's big email from last week? Can you resend it again please?

Pic 1 - Sister King, me, Sister Watson
Pic 2 - Lariann in the middle with four sister missionaries
Pic 3 - Girlfriend, Anthony, me
Pic 4 - Sister King, me, Sister Watson after our service project
Pic 5 - Fern and Ken
Pic 6 - Brother & Sister Howard, me, Sister Howard




                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment