Family!
Woohoo for P-Days! Thanks for all the emails and I'm glad you are all well. I'm also glad you got to see Uncle Rana and the grands and I'm jealous you got to go to the temple, but grateful that you went. Also, I got my package the other day! THANK YOU! And I had my hair cut today! I will send pictures. This week has been good and no where near as crazy as last week.
Monday, we went and checked out the tiny little stores in Middleton and then we went to Kuna and met up with the other Sister missionaries as we had a farewell dinner for Sister Howard. Her parents are coming to pick her up tomorrow. After dinner we had a 7:00 p.m. appointment with one of the Bishop's and his family then we went and met some people who we tried visiting last week but didn't get to them. It was a really good visit. We drove home and as a companionship we all realized we needed to improve our studies but our room isn't large enough to have 3 people study, get ready, and so forth. We decided that we would all get ready by 8:00 a.m. then we would drive to the chapel and study there because it has more room for us to spread out and I am learning that a good study session before we go out can either make or break your day. If you don't get the spirit first thing in the morning you literally struggle through the day.
So, Tuesday morning we arrived at the Chapel, did our studies and then we walked to our first appointment with Fern and then back to the Chapel to have lunch. We then went to visit an elderly lady, only to find that she was sick so we did some service by helping to tidy up a little before heading off to our next appointment. For dinner that night we had beef stew which was a welcomed change to chicken and rice. We visited with one of our investigators who is struggling a little so we talked a lot about prayer. We still have a lot of work to do with her as sometimes we get the impression that as missionaries she thinks we are cleaners, but we did help clean her home before leaving. Later we saw Lariann who is set to be baptized on September 22nd and we had an awesome lesson with her about President Monson and we showed her a few clips from the DVD entitled, "On the Lord's Errand" She loved it and she has such a strong testimony. Today was great!
Wednesday we had weekly planning and then we had a bunch of PMF that we planned on contacting. We were in search of house number 22850 and as we were driving down the road we saw 22840, then 22850, then 22860 so we turned the car around, parked on the side of the road and walked to the mailbox and as we looked closer at the numbers, we realized that the number we thought was 22850 was actually 22854 so we walked the street a little more and could not find number 22850 anywhere. A guy came out of his house - 22854 - and asked if we needed help. We told him that we were looking for house number 22850 and he said he had never heard of 22850. Strange! We ended up talking to him for quite some time about the gospel and he said we could come back and visit with him. The Lord works in a mysterious way. We took advantage of this opportunity despite not finding the house. After our visit, I got back in the car and I started to feel sick so I rested for a bit, then we headed out to dinner where we ate Chilli and rice and it was good. We went on splits with a Ward missionary who is probably in her late 70's early 80's. It was a good experience and we met some families that I feel we need to spend more time with so that was good.
Thursday we had Sister's training meeting which is a little like Zone conference except just for the sister missionaries. It was a good day of training and it was great seeing all the sister missionaries from the whole mission. FYI I am the eldest sister missionary in the mission, It's crazy! We also found out about our role in the upcoming Open House. We are going to be the, "Host" missionaries, which means we greet and meet everyone when they arrive at the Temple, show them a short DVD, then take them to their tour guides who will take them through the temple. At the end of the tour, we meet them again, invite them to have cookies and punch and then they leave. We are not allowed to proselyte on the temple grounds during the Open House so we will get training soon enough on what we can and can't say. The Area President is adamant that the Sister missionaries be involved in the Open House and they said we will do four hour shifts so every day for four weeks we will be at the Temple helping with the Open House. I look at it as an opportunity of a lifetime because I feel that I will never get this opportunity again. Elder Walker himself wants to do the training of the Sister missionaries. Our appointments that night cancelled on us, so we went and visited some families in the Ward and we met the Rupp family. Small world, so we learn that Sister Rupp is from NZ and her maiden name was Tanya Flynn and she said she went to Church College and is from Taumarinui and knew dad and his family when they lived there! Real small world actually! Her daughter Jasmine opened the door after we had knocked and she looked straight at me and said, "I know you!" And I said back to her, "I know you too!" Turns out that I was Jasmine's Resident Advisor (RA) at BYUH. Super small world. Who knew? SO, Sister Rupp made us milos and it was just so cool to visit with their family and enjoy a small taste of home in a cup of milo, in the middle of Idaho.
Friday was our District meeting and I think the Elder's are still getting used to serving around Sister missionaries. After District meeting we had an appointment and then a meeting with a Relief Society President. We helped someone do some canning as it is canning season again. We had dinner and then we had to race off to Meridian to attend Dan Sager's baptism as I was speaking. Middleton is about a 45 minute drive from Meridian on a good day and we were running late as it was already 6:30 p.m. and the baptism was at 7:00 p.m. I was just praying that some how we could get there on time. The lady who was taking us to Meridian said we wouldn't get their until around 7:30 p.m. but somehow we arrived at the chapel at 6.56pm. MIRACLE OR WHAT! I know the lady driving us did not speed and even she was adamant that she was keeping to the speed limit the whole time. It was a true miracle. The baptism was great and I probably cried through my whole talk. I love the Sager family and it was just cool seeing Dan baptized. While I was in Meridian I guess I made alot of Banana bread because I would always borrow our Ward Mission Leaders loaf pans. Anyway, at the baptism his wife comes up to me and has these brand new loaf pans and said, "I wanted to get these for you to take home so you can always remember my family." It was so neat and it made me chuckle a little, but, I have these brand new loaf pans to bring home.
Saturday we studied, then we tried visiting a few people, then Sister King wasn't feeling well so we went home and she rested for a bit. We managed to make it to dinner, then we had the adult session of Stake Conference that night. Can I just say how much I love the adult session of Stake Conference. The Stake President gave an awesome talk about the tree of life and posed questions like, "Why was a fruit used?" and then compared it to the atonement. He talked about how much we need the atonement in our life and the difference between right and wrong. He talked about Lehi and his family and the Liahona too. It was an awesome talk!
Sunday we had the second session of Stake Conference and after conference we took Sister King home as she still wasn't feeling well. By 4:00 p.m. we went to see Lariann to help prepare her for her baptismal interview then we had dinner and later visited Meciah who is another investigator that we are teaching. Stake Conference was great and I did enjoy the adult session a lot. Well, the best news of the week is that Anthony from Meridian received approval from the First Presidency to get baptized so that will take place on September 22nd too. I am in the process of looking for someone to take us to that baptism because I am speaking at it as well. I am so excited for Anthony.
Overall, this has been a great week. Sister Watson is helping me to stay away from gluten foods and it's actually making a difference. For three days now I have felt way better and not stressing so much. It's a miracle we are in this companionship together. Sometimes its hard eating vegetables but I keep telling myself I will sacrifice whatever food I need to so I can finish my mission. I won't get sick anymore. I eat vegetables and fruit and sometimes I make some rice. Sacrifices only make us grow stronger. Oh and I got my hair cut! It's short, but I wanted a change. I think it still looks fine but you can tell me what you think. Well, I love you family and I can't believe my mission is flying by! Take care, hope you have an awesome week and I sent you some letters this morning. Love you all. Sister Chadderton xoxo
5374 - All the Sisters in front of the Temple
5375 - Carey Sister Missionaries
5377 - Dan Sager (with the tattoos) and the guy baptising him
5378 - Dan Sager and I
5380 - Gage and I. He is a favorite. He gave me the biggest hug, it was so cute!
5384 - The Sager Family
5393 - The hair cut







No comments:
Post a Comment