29 May 2012


Family!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHER DEAREST!!!!!!
Happy days will come to you all year
If I had a wish then it would be 
A happy happy birthday from me to you!!!!!

Hip hip hooray! Hip hip hooray!!!!!!!! 

I hope you have an awesome night tonight and that your day is full of goodness. I am definitely thinking about you and am so grateful you have had 50 years on this earth. I'm expecting you can get another 50 years so I hope you're in for the long run. Lol. I love you mum!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, what a week. Its been full of exciting events. But first of all let me tell you about my morning. Its not even noon yet. I got a call from President Cannon this morning at 9:00 a.m. and he said that he has been praying and that he wants me to train again.  The sister is from Korea and she is arriving tomorrow as she has been in the MTC for 2 months and so is finally getting out of the MTC and he wants me to train her. We were supposed to go on exchanges tonight and I was going to Emmett which I was so so excited about but now I have to stay in Meridian tonight and a Sister from Emmett will come here for exchanges so I can be at the mission office tomorrow for picking up my new companion. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed but I know if this is what the Lord wants me to do, then he will qualify me for this experience.

Anyway's, that's my cool news for the week, I can probably finish my email now but I won't. Hahahaha!

So, Monday was P-Day and then we went to the Ball family who is a family in the Meridian 5th Ward. The dad served in Australia and so he wanted to get to know us. After dinner he pulled out Milo and Vegemite and we had a good little feast on food from home. It was so cool. Then we went and taught the Sagers and had a good lesson about how when suffering, we draw closer to God then we may realize.

Anyway's,  Tuesday was a good day. We taught a less active family, then we had lunch with Bree and her fellowshipper Melissa, and then taught Bree lesson three. It was awesome. A really good lesson and she has true desires to be baptized. Then we had to get some maintenance work done on our car and then we went and did some service at an assisted living facility and then we had dinner, then we taught Ivy that night and she really wants to be baptized too. It was so cool. But her Mum is out of town so she said it probably won't be until after her mum gets back which would be after the summer.

Wednesday we taught a few less active lessons, and that night we taught a boy named Pearson who has been waiting for permission from his mum for the longest time for him to get baptized. He is 9 years old so his attention span isn't that long, so after about 15 minutes he was like, "When are we going to be done?"  It was so funny. But we left and told him to pray about a baptismal date as well. Then we went and did some service in the Elders area and helped pull weeds. It started raining so after our service project we went home for the night.

Thursday started a bit rough, but once we got on our feet again it actually turned into a really good day. We saw Ivy again and she said she had been thinking about June 1st as a good day to be baptized.   She said her mum got really sick while she was away so she had to cut her trip short. That alone to me was a huge miracle because her Mum will be home for Ivy's baptism and we won't have to wait until after summer for her to get baptized. Well, at least we are able to see the Lords hand in her life a lot more and we are earnestly praying that it all works out for this Friday.  Later on we taught Levi a lesson about baptism but we found out he is on probation for at least another year and a half so he won't be able to be baptized anytime soon. Then we went and had dinner with Bree and Melissa again and then taught Bree another lesson. We taught her about the Word of Wisdom and she was a little hesitant at first but as we continued to talk she realized that the Word of Wisdom is exactly like what she had to abstain from while she was pregnant with her daughter and she realized that it must be true because that's what modern doctors tell us to stay away from. Anyway's, it is a cool moment when the spirit can bring something to your remembrance like that.  It was a good end to the night.

Friday was District Meeting and then we went to teach Craige. I was so worried the whole time before going to teach Craige because he hadn't been to  church in about 3 weeks  and yet he really wants to be baptized. As we were praying that morning I just got the impression that everything was going to be okay. So we went to the lesson unsure of how the outcome was going to be but we decided not to talk about baptism or church attendance until the end of the lesson. We re-taught the plan of salvation and he seemed to know it all at first until we got to the Terrestrial kingdom where we mentioned that that is where the under-achievers go, those who pick and choose what commandments they want to obey and his face changed and you could see something change inside him. It was very interesting to say the least. Then his phone went off and he got a text saying that he would no longer have to work on Sundays and that he would be able to come to church. So needless to say the Lord works in very mysterious ways. So he will be getting baptized this Saturday.

Saturday we went and saw Charmaine and found out she had a miracle recovery on her feet and knees and then we taught some less active lessons and helped a lady cut out her coupons.  She had so many coupons that she needed cutting out so that was our service for the day. Then someone took us out for dinner that night to a local restaurant and for the life of me I cannot remember how the night finished. Oh funny story. So we were talking to a lady that night and she said she had a friend who was obese who whenever he slept on his side his whole side went numb and I was like hey my arm does that when I sleep on it too long. And shes like well you need to start losing some weight. That is not a good sign. As I walked out of the appointment I said to Sister Howard, "So apparently I'm obese!"  She just cracked up laughing. It was a funny experience because my arm has done it my whole life so shes just a funny lady.

Then yesterday being Sunday we went to church with Bree, then Craige finally came to church!!!!! It was honestly like a Hallelujah moment. Then we taught Anthony for the first time in like a week and a half and he has now graduated from school. It was funny because we fasted yesterday, but we had no idea when or where we were having dinner so we fasted with the faith that someone was going to feed us. Then a lady called and invited us over for dinner because our actual dinner appointment cancelled so it was cool to get the invitation.

Well, family it has been a good week. A very good week and this next week will be more then exciting because of my new companion arriving in the mission. Pray for me please! My whole week just changed on me so once I come to grips with everything thats happening I think I will be okay, but for now I am feeling a little overwhelmed. Love you family. Have an awesome week. Enjoy the birthday celebrations. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxoxoxox 

No comments:

Post a Comment