15 May 2012


Family!

Sorry emails took so long today. The weather was so nice that we went and played volleyball outside all morning and now P-Day is coming to a close and its email time. I am so grateful that I got to skype with you all except buddy but it really was both motivating and encouraging to see you all. I kept thinking I want to be sitting on the couch with them but in no time I will be home and we will be skyping Cola and Buddy so it's okay. Anyways a quick update on my week:

Monday - P-Day -  that night we taught a girl named Ivy and she is another golden child who I feel has been placed in our path. We taught her the first lesson then we rushed off to a FHE with President Cannon where I met the Elder from Buddy's mission. I will attach that picture. His name is Elder Pieksma from Boise Idaho. Small world!  Anyway's he speaks highly of Buddy so I know he is doing something right in the Philippines.

Tuesday we organized some things and visited some people, did service at an assisted living home only to meet an elderly sister who is a member and who we never knew lived there. We will stop by and visit with her and share messages because they never get visitors. Then we taught Anthony about the priesthood and he is doing good. My only hope is that I am around to see him eventually be baptized. Then we got a call from Sister Webb asking us to come over because she had received some bad news about her son in the Marines so we went over and helped her for a bit, then had dinner, then went and helped these two older ladies pack and clean their house because they were give one day notice  to be out of their home. We did ALOT of service this week. It reminded me of when I was younger and how we always seemed to be packing and cleaning and moving so it was refreshing. 

Wednesday morning started with service again because we didn't get everything finished Tuesday night, then we had a lesson with Craige who has moved his baptismal date back to June 2nd because he wants to attend church more regularly before committing to baptism. Then we taught a few other people and then we went and had dinner/ a lesson with Bree. IT was AWESOME! Leaps and bounds better then last weeks lesson with her and we knew she could feel the spirit when we recited the first vision. So I know she is progressing.

Then on Thursday we did weekly planning, taught a few lessons and then headed out to see Kristin and teach her one of her first lessons after baptism and she is doing amazing. She had a few questions about things like visiting teacher/ home teacher etc but all in all she is amazing! Then that night I called my mother! That made my night saying, "Mum" and then hearing you finally recognize who it was. It was awesome. I love you mummy! And Im glad it was good timing because dad was there as well.

Friday like I mentioned over skype we had district meeting, then we had a bbq lunch that a Stake President put on for us which was so nice, then we took all the Elders and did service for Charmaine. We worked from about 2.30pm - 5.30pm dropped the elders home, changed and went to dinner then after dinner we went back and helped Kurt from about 7.30pm - 9.00pm (it doesnt get dark until like 9.30pm here so it was still sunlight).  That made for a great nights sleep because I was so exhausted.

The next morning being Saturday we were up bright and early and had correlation with the Stake President, then went and picked up the Elders and took them with us to finish laying the turf, then we made sure the job was completed then we left, got lunch, came home had a 2nd shower, did our studies, then it was skype time!!!!! Mate it was so hard hanging up but I just really enjoyed seeing you all. I got your Zyrtec today Dad, and I will put together your package and post it off to you soon enough. You may get it a few days after your birthday - as seems to be my tradition. Lol Then after I skyped you guys I skyped my sister in Aussie and didn't want to hang up with her either. Then we went to an appointment with the Sager family and they fed us dinner, then we headed back to the WML home so Sister Howard could skype her family. It was awesome. Then came home.

Sunday was okay. After sitting through 3 sacrament meetings where all the talks are about mothers and families and all the primary kids sing cute mother songs I had had enough and needed some fresh air so we went and walked around the neighbourhood and dropped off the progress records to our WML just so I could stop thinking about home for a second - everyone kept asking if we were going to call home.... And then we went to RS, then we went to our WML home and made their family dinner because we didn't want the mother cooking us dinner on Mother's Day. We made tacos, then we helped the kids dip strawberries into chocolate for dessert. Then we took some strawberries to ladies who don't have families around or who are single mums and wished them happy Mother's Day, then we taught a few lessons and called it a night. Overall I am glad I won't have another Mother's day on the mission - definately missed my mother too much! Anyway's, I love you family. I hope your doing good and I really did love seeing you all on skype. Let me know what the lil peanut is inside. I saw a cute baby girls Boise State onesie... Just saying... Anyway's have a good week. See you all on skype at Christmas time, and guess what then I will only have 6 weeks left and then I will see you all in person!!!!!! Take care, love you all. Sister Chadderton 
002 - Elder Pieksma from the Philippines who served in Mindoro before Buddy did.
004 - My district at the bbq lunch after district meeting 



No comments:

Post a Comment