1 May 2012


Family,

Oh my goodness!  Do I have a week to share with you all!  Firstly, thank you for your emails and I will keep Hina (Danielle) in my prayers. Feeling sick sucks so please take care of yourself Hina.  You know if I was home I would of course take care of you, but please take care. Anyway's,  thanks for all the pictures as it makes me so happy to see all the cool things that you are all involved in.

So, as for my week,  last P-Day, my companion and I literally sat outside in the sun all day! I wrote some letters (Cola) so look out for it in the mail then I pretty much fell asleep in the sun and when I woke up I was definitely a few shades darker. It was awesome to just soak up all the Vitamin D and while I can't really call it tanning considering we were fully clothed, it was still just nice to be outdoors.   Later on,  we went and picked up a few things from the store and then we started our evening. We went and saw Sherrie again and she told us the same stories as before. We have come to the conclusion that Sherrie may need some professional help. She is honestly on a lot of medication and as much as we want to be able to teach her the lessons we believe she needs professional counselling so I'm not entirely sure what direction we are going to move towards with Sherrie.

Tuesday morning we went and helped set up for a Women's Conference that the Stake Relief Society was hosting. So, here's a story about it being a, "Small world!". While we are setting up, I am sitting at this table gluing these plastic flowers onto these other plastic flowers for decorations and this lady is standing next to me. I asked her where she was from and she said, "The Philippines!" I then got talking about how my brother is on his mission in the Philippines. She asked, "Where?"  I told her and then I asked her, "Where are you from?"  She said, "I am from Cagayan de Oro!"  Now, I am thinking to myself, "I  am certain that that was a name that Mum had mentioned from her mission!"  Anyway, I said, "Oh that's cool" and kept talking and then I mentioned that my mum had served a mission in the Philippines Davao Mission and she said, "What is your Mum's name?"  This sister had also served her mission in Davao.  I told her that your name was, "Sister Solomon!"  She then stared at me and said, "Noooooo!  Your mum is Sister Solomon? Anyway's, to cut a long story short, Mum, apparently you know her family really well and they know you really well.  Her family name is Yacapin and her mothers name is Balbina Yacapin and her name is Aumar Yacapin. She said she was baptized at 17 years of age and also remembers Elder Solomon (Uncle Rick) and Sister Solomon serving in their area. I told her to find you on Facebook and I took a picture with her so you can see her. So, what a small world aye!  I don't know if you remember them but for me, that was a cool way to start the day. After that we went to our appointment with Matthew and this time we were determined to commit him to baptism.  As my companion and I were talking that morning we kept joking and saying we would baptize him on Saturday, April 28th, but in the appointment when we committed him we said May 5th, so I kept thinking great 3 baptisms on the one day - stressful but totally doable. Anyway's, he said yeah that would be great so we organized the last few lessons and then left. That night was the Women's Conference and it was awesome! Some great talks! Honestly!

Then Wednesday, we had District meeting and that morning when I woke up my stomach wasn't doing too well. But it was bearable. Had District meeting then went and saw some people and that night we had a lesson with Anthony.  We taught him the gospel of Jesus Christ, set up his last few lessons and his interview. He had to interview with President Cannon because of some things in his past so we set that up for Sunday and he gave us his program and everything. He is so excited and it was great! Then they had Krispy Kreme donuts for us after our appointment and then we headed home.   Upon arriving home I felt sick to my stomach and it was ridiculous.  I decided to just go to bed and try and sleep it off.

Thursday, I woke up and just had to stay close to a bathroom. It was a bad day. We had two appointments that we HAD to be at but other then that I really couldn't venture far. We went and taught Matthew half of the commandments and we only had the Law of Chastity and the Law of Tithing left to teach at our next lesson.   That night we taught Kristen who is  getting baptized on May 5th. We taught her lesson 3 and then organized her baptism program a little bit, then came home and that night was a rough night too. I couldn't sleep much at all because my stomach was playing up again. 

Friday, I was feeling a  little better but then my companion was out of commission. So, we called the nurse and she said it was a virus so we had to just eat bananas, apple sauce and rice.  We went and got all that stuff and managed to make it to our appointment with Craig that afternoon.  Craig disappeared a little bit during the week so he decided he would push his baptism back to May 12th so hopefully it happens on May 12th. Had a good lesson with him, then went home, then that night we had Anthony again. We taught him all the commandments and now he is ready for his interview. He is such a good kid!   We went home and tried to help my companion feel a little bit better. We also got transfer calls that night and my new companion is a Sister Tiernan Howard from Sydney, Australia. Lol  When I got the call I smiled because honestly, we never thought we would serve together because we knew each other but alas the Lord has different plans for us so this will be a very exciting transfer.

Anyway's, Saturday morning we woke up, and I'm feeling a lot better, but my companion is still a little sickly feeling but mostly better. We had planned to do service this morning and all of a sudden we got some divine intervention and felt like we needed to act upon it.  So, we rang Matthew to let him know that if he wanted to he could be baptized today!  It's hard to explain the whole story but the Lord places people in your path at the right time for the right reasons.   We asked if it was okay for us to go over to talk to him and his wife and they agreed.  By this time it is almost 10:00 a.m.  We go over and they are like, "Whats up?"  We told them that we had been praying and felt strongly that we should let them know that if Matthew wanted to baptized today he could.  Julia, his wife, is like, "Oh my goodness!" And shes like I just got goosebumps. And she said Matthew tell them.... So apparently he received an email on Friday saying they would be sending him away for 4 weeks to do some work out of Idaho and he was stressing about being able to get baptized because he didn't know exactly when he would be back to get baptized.  Our divine intervention of showing up and offering him that option was heaven sent (let me assure your it was definitely heaven sent).   The whole thing would not have happened without the spirit as our guide.  Matthew agreed that he would get baptized today. If you remember, earlier in my email I had mentioned that April 28th was the first initial impression my companion and I got as his baptism date but we ignored it, so it was a lesson to me that the Lords work will not be frustrated. If he needs him baptized on April 28th he will be baptized on April 28th. So, we left Matthew's home, called our Ward Mission leader who took over from us and planned and organized the rest of the baptism.  Totally awesome!  We had another appointment with Kristen so we went to that, then came back and wrote our talks for  Matthews baptism, then got to the Chapel around 5:00 p.m. and set things up for our 5.30 p.m lesson as we had to teach Matthew the last lesson.  At 6:00 p.m. the Zone Leader interviewed him for baptism, and at 7:00 p.m. he was baptized and it was amazing to see the tonnes of support from family and friends who could make it at the last minute. Family, a miracle happened this day.  A baptism happened on Saturday that was literally the Lord's doing.  We just watched it unfold and roll forth. It was a true testament to one to never doubt any impression from the Lord, whether logical or not, and number two the Lord's work will never be frustrated. It will roll forth.

Anyway's, Sunday morning we went and watched Matthew's confirmation at 9:00 a.m. but we were also speaking in another Ward at 9:00 a.m. so we watched Matthew get confirmed, then we hurried over to give our talks, then we went to another Ward at 11:00 a.m. and then at 1:00 p.m. we were speaking again.  Imagine having two speaking assignments in a day?"  Definitely not my favorite but I am learning I can talk.lol.  I had to fill about 20 minutes of time for both talks and it was amazing because the material I had prepared lasted the perfect amount of time and when we spoke in the different Wards we still managed to finish on time. Then after church we headed over to Anthony's Ward so we can could have him meet with the Mission President for his interview. Well, after the interview the Mission President called my companion and I in and said that Anthony will need to wait a little longer before he can be baptized.  It was a little sad because he was so excited for his baptism. But honestly, this waiting period is going to be a blessing in Anthony's life because it will help solidify his testimony so when he is able to get baptized he will completely understand what is happening. I'm sad for him because he won't be baptized this Saturday and they had announced it in Church but at the same time this will be a good thing for Anthony. Anyway's, then I had an interview with President and he gave me a blessing and I was feeling a little overwhelmed with the past transfer and everything that was happening. But President is truly inspired so he pulled me aside because he sensed I had a lot on my mind.

Anyway's, then this morning I said goodbye to Sister Moncur and now I am with Sister Howard and she is all settled in so here's to a new transfer. The family we live with - the Christensen's -  are taking me out for dinner on my birthday which I thought was so nice of them.  We still have 1 baptism that day and then another family is making me some brownies so it should be a good day. Oh and we have a breakfast correlation with the Stake President that morning too, so it will be a busy but good day. Memorable if nothing else!

Well, family, thats my week. Pretty sure I'm on a real roller-coaster but I know as I truly trust the Lord he will make sure my roller-coaster stays on the tracks.  Take care family. Oh and mum, "What time should I skype you on Mother's day? Like I said before I will probably call my Saturday which will be your Sunday and Mother's day, but if that's not convenient then let me know when the best time to call is. I love you family. Take care, love Sister Chadderton xoxo 
Here are some pictures from this week:

001- Yacapin ladies and me (BTW I felt like a giant!)
002 - Sitting in the sun waiting for a ride
003 - My district this transfer
004 - Matthew and Julia at his baptism
005 - Matthew and Julia take two






No comments:

Post a Comment