Hey Family,
Can you believe this is my last week of the transfer and we have transfers on Friday so it means I have been out in the field for 6 weeks. I thought the time was going slow but the more time that passes the faster time seems to be going. I am anxious to hear of Elder Chaddertons safety, but I guess I will have to wait a week to hear what happens. I hope he is okay and knowing him he is probably out serving and helping others who were hit bad in the typhoon. Also thats cool to hear of your trip to Aussieland. I have been thinking about you all this weekend and hoping all the flights were safe but it sounds like your all doing good. Im glad you had a good birthday cola. Has my potato come in the mail yet? Well this week has been another good week. I am learning alot more reasons as to why I need to be here on a mission now instead of anywhere else and it truly is such a learning opportunity.
This week we have been teaching the same stream of people, but on Thursday night we got a text from the earls saying "We are having 2nd thoughts about baptism. They wont let us get baptised unless we pay tithing and we are bankrupt and have legal fees we are still trying to pay so we cant afford to pay tithing. Its a little frustrating." Needless to say I got very scared and we were spending the night in Horse Shoe Bend that night so we didnt have any way of going to see them. We sent a few texts back and forth and we told them we would talk about tithing on Sunday when we saw them next. This was weighing on my mind the whole weekend and Saturday night my companion and I decided to fast for them on Sunday, and Fast that the spirit would be there to teach the commandments. So we saw the whole family church and then we broke our fast just before our appointment. We went over and we prayed and then we started talking about tithing and we showed told them about the blessings they would receive from tithing and our families experiences with tithing and after we finish talking about tithing we commit them to pay tithing and the dad goes yeah we will pay tithing. Its something the Lord needs us to do we will do it. And I was flawed. Literally speechless because the way they had sounded on Thursday was leaps and bounds different to how they sounded on Sunday. Then they mentioned we dont know how but we will do it. So it was amazing to hear of their faith. We taught the other commandments and the lesson went well. It was just such a testament to me that if you let the spirit teach then it will be taught and received in a way that is applicable to them. And they received it by the spirit. Then yesterday we went over again because the dad had more impressions he wanted to share with us and it was so great sitting their listening to his thoughts and the impressions he received again. I know the Lord needs this family in his church, I know that he is guiding and filling their lives with blessings and im so glad I am able to be here to watch it all unfold.
Another cool thing that happened this week is that our LA lady Becky (we have several Less Active people) let us come in and she watched finding faith in christ with us, and then she came to church. We took a chance and called her at 8.40am and church starts at 9am and said are you coming to church? And shes like yeah sure I will see you there. So that was very cool.
We are still working with our other investigators and I know the Lord is working hard on them too. We have a goal this week to try and tract out new people to teach because as people progress towards baptism we need new people to teach. Also this week I am learning to truly read the BOM. Its actually exciting reading the BOM and learning all the small details that are in the BOM. Like how Alma gave up the judgement seat so that he could spend his life serving the Lord and saving souls. He knew it would be a better use of his time serving the Lord instead of judging people who werent righteous.
Also on Saturday we got to watch the Relief Society Broadcast and Pres Uchtdorf was the final speaker and his talk was amazing. You should have heard all the ladies literally cheer when they announced Uchtdorf as the last speaker. He is a favorite definately, but his talk was so personable and he mentioned 5 things we need not forget as women. I hope all you ladies will all make an effort to watch the relief society broadcast because honestly it was amazing. And as I have been reading Daughters in my kingdom it has made me realize how special an organization we have here in the church.
But its been a very quick and fast week. I guess I forgot to mention in my first email, but I got to talk to Sis Howard. We were driving from the airport to the mission home on my first day here and Pres Cannon whips out the phone and goes here is Sis Howard and we got to have a good phone conversation. She is serving in Kuna and yes she has been out for 6 months. Someone said she is having a bit of homesickness but from all ive heard she is an amazing missionary. One day who knows I might end up serving with her.
Anyways family thank you for all your letters and emails and rest assured uncle rick I get all your emails too. Love you all. Take care oh and tell Josh not to dispare. The Lord is all about timing and if his visa didnt arrive in time for last transfer it means he is needed in Tahiti at his own time. The only hard thing is the later he gets his visa the colder its going to be in Utah for him. But he will be fine. Anyways love you family. Thanks for all your prayers, take care - Sister Chadderton
PS please keep my updated on Elder Chadderton
No comments:
Post a Comment