FAMILY!!!!
Well, it is P-Day once again and it has been quite the week. Oregon was more country than Emmett. They grow onions by the field loads so the whole place stunk like onions and as you drive past this huge field of onions, you literally start crying. It's really strange and a different but good experience. I am glad to be back in Emmett as I really like my area.
On Friday we had interviews with the Mission President and it was really good. He shared a lot of great advice and at the end I asked him about sitting for my licence in Idaho and he said it would be fine as long as I don't have to do any learner hours. So, I am going to look into that and see what I can do. Who knows?
ANYWAY'S! I have exciting news!!! The EARL family is getting baptised!!!!!!! I have been dying to write to you and let you know about it. So, Friday night my companion and I were praying all day because we normally teach the Earl's outside and it can get all hectic, but we wanted to be able to teach them inside so the spirit could work more. We get to their house and it's just the parents home - which was perfect. We went inside and you could just feel the spirit. So we got talking about baptism and we asked if they had prayed about being baptized and they were like, "Yeah, its something we think we want to do!" Anyway, we had a real good discussion and we learnt that the Earl's thought that they had to be offically invited to be baptized by someone like the Bishop or something, but once we told them how it works they got real excited. We asked them to pray about a date and when it would work best for their family. We also taught a few other things, but you could feel the spirit so strong. We had a really good meeting and then we left.
My companion and I had been thinking they would probably wait until around November because they have their own meat business and it gets really busy during October so we weren't quite sure when they would want to be baptized. Then, on Sunday we walk into church and the Bishop comes up to us and goes "So October 22nd huh?" and my companion and I look at each other and we're like, "Whats that date?" Bishop then says, "The Earl's baptism date!" We were so shocked but so happy too.
We went into the chapel and sister Earl came up to us and said, "October 22nd?" and I about near cried. The spirit was so strong and we got such a confirmation that that is the date they need to be baptised. We didn't think they would choose a date in October but the Lord knows best.
Anyway, last night we got a text from the Earl's saying, "We have something to share can you please come over?" We were unsure what to expect and as we sat in the dining room, the parents had the kids leave and my companion and I were like, "Oh, no! Oh, no! Whats going on!" The dad then proceeds to tell us about his spiritual confirmation he had received the night before about the truthfulness of the gospel. He said he was lying in bed and he got this strong impression just open your heart and let the Lord in. And so he did and he said he felt this strong overwhelming sense of love for his wife and his children like he has never felt before. He was like a little kid on Christmas morning. It was amazing to hear about the spiritual impressions he received. And he had written everything down in a letter to his wife and she was just so happy he had gotten an answer. It was such an amazing experience.
Truly, truly, pure evidence that the Lord is in control and when He needs people to be doing His work He will call them to His fold. I think the most exciting part is that I am here to witness it and I will still be here in a year so I can go see their family get sealed as well. They have a little girl who is 8 named Lexi and they are worried about her not wanting to go through and get baptized as she changes her mind all the time so I am trying to think of ways to get her excited about baptism. Normally everyone wears these jumpsuit things but I am thinking of asking around to see if we can get her a dress to make it more special for her. Im not sure, but I am so excited that the Lord is watching over and helping the Earl family learn the truth. The only sad thing is that transfers are on Oct 3rd so my companion and I are praying we both remain together so we can be at their baptism. Only the Lord knows where we need to be though.
Another exciting thing happened this week too. We have been teaching the Reeder family. I think I may have told you about them (the lady who had her breast removed because of cancer?). Well, the Reeder family are a less active family, but they have a son who they want to be baptized. When we first went over to their home, Sister Reeder refused to pray. She hardly said anything to us and would not get involved too much in the lessons. But yesterday she volunteered to pray. It was amazing. We always ask the man of the house to choose someone to pray and she goes, "Oh I guess it must be my turn!" and she prayed. It was cool.
We also have had several tender mercies this week. We had two dinner appointments on Sunday and we were trying to decide which one to call and cancel. Turns out they both called us and cancelled on us and so we didn't have to worry now as we no longer had a dinner appointment for the night and we also didn't have a lot of food. Today we get to go shopping, but anyway, the other night we prayed that we would find someone to feed us and this lady walks up to us and is like, "Sisters, if you ever don't have a dinner appointment please let me know, I can't plan ahead, as I work much better on the spur of the moment!" We were like well, aaaarrrgghhhh, "Well, turn's out we don't have a dinner appointment tonight! She then said, "Great come over for dinner!" So, the Lord truly does answer prayers.
Also, we had a few other investigators come to church this week. I feel like I am getting real excited about the work. We are kept busy but I love being busy. The Lord really is in control and I know that as we try and have the spirit with us it will make all the difference. He knows who is ready and who isn't.
Well, family, it has been an amazing week. Thank you for all your emails. Enjoy Australia Mum and Dad and try not to have too much fun. I did get your postcards but I haven't received the CD's yet so I will look out for those. Thanks for the recipe and the pictures of the food. It is starting to get cooler here now, but I think I will manage for the mean time with the clothing I have. I love you all. Have a great week.
Take care,
Sister Chadderton
No comments:
Post a Comment