FAMILY,
Oh it feels like last pday was ages ago! So much has happened this week and I have been dying to write to you all. Firstly sorry this email is later than usual for pday today our distrcit leader organized a tour of the BSU stadium which has the worlds only blue turf. Its famous here and people dont let us into their homes when a BSU football game is on. SO that took up our morning and then we get to email and then we are going to spend the rest of the day in Boise before heading back to Emmett. I have attached a few pictures of the blue field and you can google it and learn about what im talking about.
Anyways this week has been incredible. So Wednesday we went to teach a lady her name is Jamie Dewey I think I told you about her. Shes very humble and when we got the lesson started she said she had did her reading we assigned her, she had been praying and so we started the lesson and we were talking about the plan of salvation and we mentioned something about baptism and she goes "I have been wondering alot about baptism lately how do I do that baptism thing?" and my companion and I look at each other and its so hard to remain calm and composed when inside your like woohoo your doing the right thing. So we finished the lesson and set her baptismal date for November 4th. She has to start coming to church but she has a date and she came on Sunday so that was cool. She loved the plan of salvation because she could never beleive that if God loved us so much why would he let his children burn in hell for eternity like a lot of a the other churches teach, so when we talked about the kingdoms of glory and how everyone regardless of their works gets a kingdom it resounded with her and she said it made sense, so that was really cool. I think Jamie is a very special person, she is very humble and lives in a camper trailer with her mum who is bed ridden and works at a nursing home but she has a lot of faith. You know God is preparing her.
Then Wednesday evening we went out to Horse Shoe Bend and we didnt get to contact any new people but we went and taught Ryan Bogart again and we taught about faith and repentance and he just believes and feels comfortable with everything about the gospel. The hardest part is that he is on probation so we didnt know how to bring up baptism. We didnt talk about it with him, but on Thursday we called the APs and they said we can talk about baptism with him and if he feels it is something he wants to do then we tell him he needs to interview with the Mission President first and then we can set a date so we are excited to do that, because he is only on probabtion for substance abuse not for a real serious crime and he gets off probabtion in February so hopefully we can set a date for him even if it is in february.
Then Thursday - by the way this week was full of miracles I should have prefaced this email with that. So Thursday we spent the evening in Sweet and we went to visit the Hayes family. There were so many complication in getting to meet with them and we hadnt met with them for 2 weeks so we were scared what we would find regarding their desire for the gospel. The dad is a LA member and the wife and kids are the ones investigating. So we teach them about faith, repentance, and then we begin talking about baptism and we asked if Geri the wife had any questions about baptism and she asked a few about why her baptism when she was younger doesnt qualify. Then we said well do you have any other questions and she said umm just one " When can I be baptised?" and again it blew my mind. Im sitting their giddy with joy, and so is Geri. She is an amazing lady who follows the spirit real well even though she doesnt have the gift of the holy ghost. She said she had been invited to a lot of churches before and whenever she would pray about going to those churches it didnt feel right, but she said when she came to the LDS church she felt like she was coming home. So we asked her to choose a date and guess what date she chose? "OCT 22nd!!!!!" The same day as the Earl family. So running through my head was any day but that day, but the spirit confirmed that was her day, so we said sure lets do it.We walked out of that house and you could truly feel the Love of God for his children. The Dad is working on coming back into full fellowship, they have 3 kids and 2 of them are baptism age who are also working towards baptism so it was incredible. You truly get a testimony that the Lord knows who he needs in his church and he has really prepared people.
So needless to say Oct 22nd is looking like quite a busy day. The Earls baptism is at 2pm on that day and the Hayes baptism is at 5pm. I get so giddy with joy thinking about all these people and the righteous decisions they are making. It is so cool to see.
The Earls are doing great. They are truly amazing. I got given this huge scripture case in the MTC but i wont ever use it so I took it and gave it to the Earls son cause he needed a scripture case, and Lexi is all on board for getting baptised. The parents were worried about her follow through but I feel like its going to work out just fine.
Also I dont know if I told you about the readers and how they hadnt let us visit them for a few weeks and hadnt returned our calls. We thought we had done something wrong but turns out they have been deathly ill. They called us and let us in the other day and they were so excited to see us again. And they even invited us over for thanksgiving which isnt for several weeks now. So that was cool.
And I am learning how very unprepared I am for the COLD!!!! I FROZE THIS WEEK. Kid you not, Wednesday we woke up and it was bucketing down rain like you wouldnt believe and it was about 40 degrees (sorry i have no idea the conversion for that?) I literally had every layer on I could think of. I also realized I dont have any stockings so thats on my list today, and im hoping to stop by DI to see what cheap winter clothes I can pick up. Everyone kept laughing at me cause they were like if you think this is cold you are going to die. So needless to say if anyone wants to donate winter clothing to my cause I will not refuse any. I really was not expecting the cold. I cant run outside anymore so most mornings we go squats and lunges and sit ups in the apartment. Its an experience.
Anyways family it was an amazing week. I am very lucky to be in Emmett right now to see all these miracles happening. I know the Lord is gathering his children. Thank you for all your emails and I glad you got to go to the temple and planted potatoes. Think of me when you eat them. (BTW I really havent eaten a lot of potatoes) Love you all. Take care - Sister Chadderton
No comments:
Post a Comment