7 August 2012

Hey Family,

Thank you for all your emails and great to hear Sister N arrived safely and she is settling well into the MTC. I know she will love the MTC. Anyway's my week has been good (actually really good) with lots of spiritual confirmations and experiences that helped build my testimony.

Monday night after P-Day, we visited the Sager family and then we had about 30 minutes left in our day and we didn't want to go home. We were just about to give up and then decided to go and try this one referral that was never home when we visited her so tonight another miracle - she was home - and she invited us in and we taught her so many lessons.  It was incredible that she was intrigued everything we taught her.  It was a great ending to the night and we will definitely be going back.

Tuesday was a little hectic where it was one of those days where we had hourly appointments planned  from about 10:00 a.m. onwards but our 10:00 a.m. appointment cancelled so our first lesson was now at 11:00 a.m.   The appointment took us out of our area only because the family requested Sister Missionaries to teach their two girls - 12 year old Linda and her sister Veronica who is 10'ish.  The girls want to be baptized but their Dad's counsel is that they need to take things slow.  We are just teaching the girls for now but I believe baptism will come later.   After the lesson we met  two new investigators - Dillon and Tyson who were former investigators. Their mum moved back into our area so we are going to resume teaching them, and then they too will be baptized soon enough.  After that we were supposed to see Anthony but he was working and hadn't let us know so instead we did some tracting. Then we had dinner, then we went and met with a less active lady named Michelle. We had such a cool lesson with Michelle and she knows what she should be doing, but because she works on Sunday's she hasn't been able to come to church. Then Alyssa Moncur took us to another appointment and the investigator wasn't their so we taught the less active girlfriend instead. Overall a busy but fruitful day.

Wednesday was another awesome day. The highlight of the day was with Anissa. Her husband was the one who wrote the Thesis on what wasn't true about our Church, and she asked us to research where in the Bible it talks about people seeing God and living. I was so skeptical at first to show her all the stuff I had researched because I didn't want it to seem as if we were Bible bashing, so instead we started by reading the account of Jospeh Smiths first vision, then we went slowly through references in the Bible that talked about people seeing God, and it was awesome. The Spirit was so strong and it confirmed to me the truth of what we were teaching. The Lord definitely is the same yesterday, today and forever and it was just a rock building moment for my testimony because as much as I already knew all this,  it was confirmed to me again that Jospeh Smith truly did see God the Father and Jesus Christ and being able to research it was awesome. The rest of the day was good. But the spirit in that lesson was powerful. That night we saw Ben and because he is a navy man we got a whole lesson on the navy which was pretty funny but good.

Thursday was my 1-year mark so we went out to lunch to Cafe Rio!  It is an awesome restaurant and the food was good. That night we taught a couple of lessons but the day wasn't as eventful as I would have liked it to have been, especially because we spent a lot of time on weekly planning. But I still can't believe that I've been out on my mission now for a whole year already. I was reading my journal around this time last year and its funny how things have changed. And I've realized that all my jounal entries from a year ago are so dumb because I wrote things like, "The spirit was amazing today in our lesson!" And that was it. I didn't expand on the lesson or who we taught it to or anything. So, clearly I need to improve on my journal writing skills. Lol

Friday we had Zone training, then we taught some of our recent converts and then visited with Anthony where we watched the DVD, "The Testaments" and he loved it! Then we taught a few more recent converts that night.  Overall, it was a slowish kind of day.

Saturday we tracted pretty much the whole day and it was actually enjoyable. We tracted into this one guy and we asked him if he had a religion and he said yes, ah yeah, ah yeah i do!  So we asked him what religion it was and then he said he had no religion, none, its nothing, I dont have one. And I kept thinking to myself, "Seriously, I can't believe I'm having this conversation with you!" But anyways he clearly wasn't interested . It was a miracle that we survived the day though.

Sunday, I had another rock building testimony moment. We taught Viet who was studying to be a Catholic priest for 14 years, but he isn't studying anymore and we were teaching him the first lesson aout the Restoration and Joseph Smith and the spirit was so strong, but he kept talking about his Church and his authority and why do we need a restoration if the Catholic church is already on the earth.  I kid you not, I felt like standing up and throwing the Book of Mormon at him.  Fortunately, I didn't and I remained as calm as possible and we asked him to hold on to his questions until after the lesson and encouraged him that before he tries to question the Church to please read the Book of Mormon.  Despite my frustration, It ended up being quite  a cool exprience because I was very worked up after we got out of the lesson because of how faulty his logic was and how stubborn he was being, but then I decided that I knew what is right and I'm not going to let him pull me into any form of debate.  It made me grateful for the testimony that I do have, that Joseph Smith truly did see God the Father and Jesus Christ and that his true priesthood has been restored on the earth and that the Book of Mormon was preserved for our day. It was just an awesome experience. Then we went to our YSA Ward sacrament meeting and it was all about missionary work and how amazing the Sister Missionaries are and it was a very humbling experience. The day finished good.

Overall a good week. Solidfied my testimony that I already thought was solid.  I love you family and I hope you like the pictures. Have a good week and stay safe. Love you, Sister Chadderton xoxo

001 - Skype pics
002 - More skype pics
004 - 005 - Us at Cafe Rio (Barb Webb and Tania Bovee)
006 - My polkadot dress (got it for $4)
007 - Random object in the sky
008 - Cast on
009 - Cast off












No comments:

Post a Comment