14 August 2012


Family!

Thank you for all the emails and especially for the Olympic updates.   Quite proud of our little country really.  Life on this side of the world is great. I will try and update you as quick as I can. This week has flown by and I can't believe it is Monday again.  That is so cool about the Family Home Evening idea to have a mini olympics for Hinalei.   It made me laugh reading about her, "God of Mation's!" I can just see that and Baby Joe is so stinkin cute!!!! 

Monday - was P-Day and it was a good day. We went food shopping (woohoo) and then thrift store shopping and I managed to find a red winter coat, fully lined for $5! It was a score.  Then that night we had dinner with an awesome family who have 4 boys - the oldest being 16 and the parents always encourage them about one day serving a mission and it is awesome. Then we saw Lindsey again and answered a lot more of her questions, then the night was over.

Tuesday was District meeting because we had a training on Friday so it was moved to Tuesday. Then we went and saw a less active family and picked apricots.  It was Anthony's birthday today and we were invited to stay for cake and ice cream after our visit.  It was nice to casually get to know his parents, then later we had dinner and went on splits with some of the young adults from the YSA Ward. It was cool because we met some potential investigators which was a good use of our time.  The people we tried to meet weren't home.

Wednesday was weekly planning, then our night was going to be so busy with appointments we moved our dinner appointment to a lunch appointment, so we went to lunch, then we went and saw Aimee who is a recent convert.  I am struggling to find a teaching/ learning style for her because it seems everything we do is boring to her, so I need added inspiration on how to make it a little more fun.  After Aimee, we went and taught Linda the second half of the restoration . It was awesome actually, especially because it was in a members home and the spirit was so strong, then we got dropped back to the church building only to find out all our other appointments cancelled on us. So we said a prayer to try and learn where we needed to be, and low and behold we both felt we needed to go and visit Michelle. So, we went to her house and she is normally never home, but she was this time and she asked if the Relief Society President had sent us and we assured her that the Lord had sent us.  She said she really needed to see us today.  It was quite cool. We listened to her for quite some time and it was so interesting because we asked about her conversion story because she is a less active recent convert.  We asked why she wasn't coming to church anymore and this kind of stomped her but she said she couldn't put it down to anything so it gave her some food for thought.   I love seeing the way the Lord answers peoples prayers and how cancelled appointments always mean that their is somewhere else for us to be. The night ended with us seeing my favorite person Carol who told us she is moving. So thats not cool.

Thursday we had leadership training, so Sister Howard picked me up and we went to leadership training all day while Sister Lee (Sister Howard's companion) stayed with Sister Bishaw for the day. After leadership training I went on exchanges with Sister Romine-Furr who is serving in Nampa and we had to put into practice what we were trained on that day. It was a really good exchange and I actually like Sister Romine-Furr. 

Friday morning, Sister Romine-Furr made us breakfast - spoilt aye? And then we went back to the second day of leadership training, then we were going to stop and have lunch on the way home, but the traffic was so bad it was pointless. Idaho decided to do roadworks all at the same time on every major intersection so its been slow moving traffic for days now. Anyways, we got to our 1:00 p.m. appointment a little late, but the appointment itself was good because we were seeing Charmaine again and it has been around 6 weeks since we last saw her.  So that was cool. Then we saw Craige, then we had dinner, then we had another appointment that night with a less active family along with two other less active families. We taught a few lessons so it was good. Its really interesting trying to understand why people choose not to come to church anymore. No valid excuses really. But still, I feel they hinder their spiritual progress for a load of non-sense. 

Saturday turned out to be a busy day. We had breakfast with the Stake President first thing, then we went to a baptism in our Stake, then we delivered progress records, then we went and saw Taryn for the first time in 2 weeks, then we came home and we were going to have dinner with the Christensen's that night and as we got to the house, Brother Christensen said that the car had just jumped into the cabinets they have in their garage so their is a huge dent in the front of the car and the cabinets are destroyed. They said they were pulling into the garage and all of a sudden the car did this weird leap frog thing into their cabinets. Sister Christensen was shaken because she was the one driving, but in all of that they still had dinner on the bench for us. My goodness the love people have for the missionaries is amazing.   That night we went to the Elders baptism and that's where I met Sister Tolman and we saw the Sager family too - love them. It was a good end to the night.

Sunday was pretty busy with six hours of church, followed by lunch and dinner and a correlation meeting and a lesson. In a nut shell. And then last night Irene, and Megan Wright and Megan Weaver called to say they are taking us out to lunch today. Woohoo! I am so excited!!!!!   This last week has flown by and this is already week 4 of the transfer and honestly this transfer is going so quick. Oh so I have to tell you what happened on Monday. I got a text from the Earl family saying that they have set their endowment date for October 27th and their sealing date for January 11th. When I got that text I was like, "Their is my answer. I am  staying until February because I'm not missing their sealing!"  So, I felt so at peace about the whole thing. Then Wednesday Sister Westover text and said that they are now getting endowed and sealed on the same day - October 27th!  But still February feels right.  So, family,  plan on February 21st! Pretty confident that that is when the Lord will say I am done with my full time mission.

I love you all. Thank you for your constant support and love. Take care, Sister J Chadderton xoxo

Most of these pictures are self explanatory.

001 - Me outside our house.
002 - My companion and I
003 - Jumping Zone picture
004 - Zone picture
005 - Anthony's birthday cake
006 - Sister Tolman and I

Love you all!







No comments:

Post a Comment