21 August 2012


Family,

Good to hear you are all alive and well and hopefully on the mend. This week has been tragic health wise as I have been unwell just about every day but you just keep on keeping on. 

Monday, it was awesome to see Irene and Megan and Megan, and for a second I felt like my world was getting that much smaller and that we were all in Idaho together. That night we had FHE with a lady in one of our Wards and then later we went over to the Singles Ward where they were having FHE but their activity was, "Where's Wally" and it was being held in the mall and as missionaries we are not allowed to roam the malls so needless to say we didn't go. Instead, we went and visited Lindsey before she heads off to school in Colorado and it was a good visit.  She was very hesitant to take a Book of Mormon from us the last time we met with her, but this week we were talking about missions so we shared a passage from the book of Alma where Ammon talks about his mission and she felt the spirit and was like, I need a copy of that book. So thats always exciting. Our night ended.

Tuesday we did some service in the morning, then we had lunch and went out tracting and we met an Atheist, who after the conversation was over, admitted to actually believing in a higher being - he wouldn't label it God but nonetheless he reckons their is someone there. It was interesting because he started by talking about objective truth and we probably stood at his door for several minutes listening to his views.  We left and went and met up with the Boise Sisters because it was exchanges again and I had Sister Hutch for my companion and Sister Bishaw was with Sister Anderson, so we had dinner and then did splits.

Wednesday we had a packed day with appointments which made for an early lunch, then saw Anissa and had an awesome lesson with her about pre-earth life, then we went and visited Ivy who wants to be baptized!   We were suppose to see Anthony next but he cancelled and moved the appointment, but it worked out because we were running behind schedule on all our appointments and so we got to see Ben right on time, had a good lesson with him about Joseph Smith and then we went back to the Mission Office to exchange back. It felt like such a quick exchange. Then we headed back to our area, had dinner, then went to see Michelle again and taught her about the importance of tithing and then, we saw Carol for a little bit. Overall the night ended good. 

Thursday was probably the worse day when I got real sick. We did weekly planning, and then we went and saw a naturopath lady and she did some tests to help diagnose what might be wrong with me and she reckons only about 20% of my digestive system is working properly which is why I keep getting sick.   She suggested I stay away from Dairy, Gluten and Sugar products (which is pretty much what I know) so that my stomach can heal.  Impossible is what I thought. But I need to get better.  

Friday was District meeting, and then we got to see Lois and help her with her puzzle, then we saw Aimee and later had dinner and then went to the Sagers.  Visiting with the Sager family would definitely have to be the highlight of my week as Dan Sager - the dad - is an ex-Jehovah's Witness who has been coming to church for about a year now. His kids Alec and Shyanne were baptized back in April when he quit tobacco, and he has just quit drinking coffee .  He asked us about temples and we told him about sealings and the power of being sealed as a family and he turns to his wife who is LDS and says, "I want to be sealed to you!"  Then he turns to us and says, "So when do you think I would be ready for baptism?"  Originally, he was wanting to wait until he knew he was ready and we suggested the first week of September, and he said that that was when his wife's birthday was - September 14th, so he chose September 14 as his baptismal date and I just sat their as I could not believe what had just transpired.  It was amazing because he felt the spirit testify of the power of being sealed to his family and now he wants that for them. So that was really a cool experience.

Saturday we had meetings and we had to do progress records, and then we went out tracting again and ran into a lady who also gave us a health lesson on how to have more energy and all this stuff so we are going to try and change some things. The night ended with watching parts of President Monson's birthday celebration that was broadcast.  We didn't get to see it all but what we saw was cool. Then we called it a night.

Sunday we went to three Wards and we were fasting for Ivy so that her mum's heart would be softened so that she would let her be baptized. We had an appointment with Ivy and when we got their Ivy's mum came out and pretty much was not happy with us, so we didn't get to see Ivy and won't be able to see her for a while now.  Its so sad how Satan will use anything and anyone to stop the Lord's work but we are going to keep praying for her to see what we should do to soften her mum's heart. Then we went and saw the Sager family again and answered a bunch of questions for them. It was actually pretty cool. Then we came home. I was feeling so sick last night that I thought I could sleep it off, but it isn't going away and when I woke up this morning I still felt sick. I can't decide if I am suppose to be getting sicker before I get better but nothing seems to be working, so I called the nurse, but the closests appointment I can get with a gastro doctor is September 10th. What I am going to do until then I am not sure, but I will have to watch what I eat real closely. 

Overall, a lot of good happened this week despite me feeling a little under the weather  and not being able to concentrate because of my stomach! Frustrated is probably what I am feeling more then anything.   Thanks for the support and emails and take care family. I love you and don't worry because I will be fine, it's just annoying.  Love you.  Sister Chadderton xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment