Hey Family,
Thank you again for all your emails. I love hearing what everyone is doing like always. This week was eventful as ever and we have transfers on Friday so next pday I can tell you what happens. I am not sure how I feel about transfers, I would love to stay in Emmett, but because Sister Westover goes home in December we cant decide what exactly will happen so it may be a long week till Friday. But its all good whatever happens and wherever I end up. But if you dont get an email on monday next week its because I was transferred somewhere and my pday would be later in the week. Anyways to the exciting things -
Halloween was really fun. After emailing you all last week we went to the store and brought candy to celebrate Halloween (this turned around to bit us in the butt) we went home wrote some letters, then a member who owns an apple orchard had a whole box of apples for us to pick up so we went and picked them up then went to the Earls to play Catan. We ended up taking out a few apples and gave the rest of the box to the Earls cause trust me we were swimming in apples there were so many but they are delicious fresh apples. Then we played Catan and Mart the Dad is a pro at Catan and apparently never gets beaten but yes yours truly beat Mart. He was somewhat speechless but we started a new game and he was not letting up that round so he won. It was cool, then we came home and carved pumpkins and ate more candy. Did I mention I ate a lot of candy on Monday? Then we had dinner at a members house and they have 2 children on missions and they asked us to teach them a lesson from preach my gospel - like what their kids would teach so we did and that was a cool experience. Then we came home and spent the rest of the night in because we werent allowed out on halloween night. I have attached a couple pics of the pumpkins we carved.
Tuesday was back into missionary work but when I woke up I think I had a sugar hangover. I felt so sluggish and lethargic it was ridiculous. I dont think I will ever eat that much candy again. We ended up doing exchanges tuesday evening so I had a new companion - Sister Moss come to Emmett for the night. She spent Wednesday with me. Tuesday did end well. We saw the Readers and taught the Hershmans.
Wednesday was one of the busiest days ever! It was interesting as well because I had to lead the area for the day as I had Sister Moss instead of Sister Westover so I had to lead out all the lessons and everything. We met with Jamie Dewey first thing in the morning (she had a baptismal date for Nov 4th but got punched in the face so hadnt been coming to church) we met with her and asked how everything was going and she had still been reading and praying even though we hadnt met with her for a while and then we moved her baptismal date back to november 19th because she has to attend church a few more times before she can be baptised but she was still so excited about baptism. We taught about the law of chastity, WOW, keep the sabbath day holy. Then we came home had lunch and then we had to head out to sweet because we were doing part 2 of activities day for the girls.
This time however I did not have to make up a Haka so I felt a lot more secure in my presentation. once again I felt like I ran the whole show because Sister Westover wasnt there but the girls really enjoyed it. We made lollie leis for Samoa and they all wanted to move to Samoa once they realized what Lollie leis were, and then we played soccer for Italy. They loved both the activities and were quite happy when they left. It was funny because the mothers of the non member girls who came and picked them up were somewhat impressed that missionaries could help their daughters have so much fun. I really do think it will help us get in more doors by doing those activites.
Then we went out to Horseshoe Bend and taught several lessons. It was cool though because it was testament to me that I can teach these lessons and I have grown in the past 3 months. BTW its already been 3 months CRAZY huh! 2 More transfers and it will be 6 months! Anyways Horseshoe Bend was okay but Ryan is not making any progress towards baptism and our other two investigators have not read any from the book of Mormon yet so I told them we werent moving on in the lessons till they read. Hopefully they read this week.
Then Wednesday night I was reunited with my companion so that was cool. Thursday we did weekly planning and then we were in Sweet all night and this turned into almost a disaster. We told the Hayes we would see them, we had back to back appointments on the hour every hour we had a dinner appointment we didnt even know about that we had to cancel and we were being moved from car to car cause no one could take us around the whole night. We met with Sausha and Brian who hopefully by the end of this week will be new investigators. Brian talked for a solid 45mins without interupption and we pretty much added a few yups, ands or maybes here and there but that man can talk! Then we went and taught Abby and she was cool to teach. Shes very humble and receptive. Then we went out to the Hayes and by this time its 7.00pm We get there only to find the Hayes were expecting us at 5pm and had dinner on the stove and hadnt let their kids eat because they were waiting for us. Mum it was such a humbling experience. The Hayes are not wealthy people. They have a very very humble home but they made us a roast deer meal complete with dessert and were just waiting for us to show up. It made me so sad that we didnt know they were expecting us else we would have gone their eariler. They live about 30mins from Sweet and they dont have a phone so its hard to communicate with them. However we had dinner, taught a lesson and then we called it a night and headed back to Emmett. Its touching how many people are willing to feed the missionaries.
Then Friday we spent in Emmett and did some tracting but IT SNOWED! We were literally tracting in the rain and snow. I attached a picture of me on Friday and I was wearing - 3 pairs of tights, the longest skirt in my closet, my thermal garments, 3 tops (layered), a cardigan, a beenie, a scarf, and I borrowed Sister Westovers spare Jacket, and my boots. I was indeed warm and cosy but goodness the amount of clothing I was in I felt like an Eskimo and everytime I walked into someones house they would laugh and were like really this isnt even cold. You dont even know whats coming. Apparently this is too early for it to snow in Emmett so its looking like its going to be a cold winter. I havent been able to get to Boise yet to get more clothing but truly its a miracle because the clothing in my cupboard is keeping me warm. Im just hanging out for my jacket from Cola so I dont have to Borrow Sister Westovers - especially if I get transferred. Friday was good and ended with the Earls and we answered alot of questions they had about the Temple and testimonies and conversion.
Saturday was good and we taught a new investigator. A girl named Aerial. She is 12 years old and her mum is a LA member and thinks its about time we teach her daughter about God and the church. So that is exciting we have a new investigator.
Then yesterday we went to 4 different sacrament meetings, BUT Jamie Dewey came to church so that was very exciting. I love when investigators come to church. Then we announced her baptism in the ward and they were excited for her. We have stake conference this weekend so we had to announce it yesterday or else no one will be there. The night ended with a dinner and lesson at the Hershmans house. Again our investigators are feeding us. Laure Hershman is so nice and so down to earth I really enjoy spending time with them. They have 4 kids under 8, but you could feel the spirit in their house. She came to church too and said she wanted to get up and bear her testimony as well but was too nervous. She has a lot of faith and we taught the plan of salvation and were able to answer alot of questions that shes had regarding things concerning the church so that was a cool way to end the week.
And alas today is pday. Shopping day. It should be good. I am also looking forward to taking a nap. next week if we dont get transferred I think we will head into boise to go clothing shopping!
Love you all. Continue to enjoy the warmth for me. Oh and it snowed yesterday as well so I am getting a good fix of snow. Take care, Sister Chadderton





No comments:
Post a Comment