15th November 2011

Hello Family,

Well, as is evident from the subject heading of my email I was, "Transferred!" Last week was probably the longest week I have lived through since being on my mission, because I was so anxious for transfer calls to know what was happening. They came at 10:00 pm on Friday night and loud and clear it said, "Sister Westover will be staying in Emmett and Sister Chadderton will be going to Carey!". I cried! Literally, I sat there and was crying. I grew up in Emmett. I love alot of people in Emmett and I was so sad I was being transferred. But nonetheless I have to put my trust in the Lord that he knows what experiences I need, better then I do, so, on to my new area it is. I got picked up from the mission office this morning at 9am and just got to Twin Falls (Carey is about 25miles from Twin Falls) it was a 2 hour drive down to Twin, and now we're emailing, then I will be off to meet my area. My new companion is Sister Schoepf and she was serving in the Nauvoo Visitors Center but is currently in Idaho for her "outbound mission" experience, meaning she is here for like 3 months and then heads back to Nauvoo. I met her this morning and shes very friendly. Apparently we cover the Carey Stake which includes the areas Shoshon (sp?) and a few other areas but I will be able to give you more details next week - once I have been in the area for a bit. It is windy here and apparently it snows alot more in our area but with the warm clothes you are sending, and the package Cola sent, it sounds like I'm going to be set.   A huge, "THANK YOU COLA FOR THE PACKAGE!"  I got a text on Friday telling me I had a package and I got it this morning from the Mission office and when I saw it I was taken back at how big it was. I am half way through reading your journal entries Cola, and I am so glad you sent me those. Also the clothes will be a big help. Sister Westover was very kind and gave me that beige jacket I had on in that picture I sent last week so I have two jackets now and and I am very happy about that. All I can say is, "THANK YOU!"  My new address is unknown so I will get that to you next week. We live with members, so keep sending letters and things to the Mission office and they will get to me.  It will just take a little longer. But I really do appreciate all the letters and pictures and everything you do send.

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time to email this week so I will try and fill you in as best I can. Tuesday last week was good.  We were in Emmett and we taught a few lessons. We taught the Drakes and were making real progress with them. Wednesday we went up to Garden Valley and met some Less Active ladies then we spent the evening in Horse Shoe Bend but honestly all our appointments cancelled - it was ridiculous!  We did teach one lesson, but the rest of the night was contacting people. Then Thursday we were in Sweet and we met with Sausha and Brian again and we had an incredible lesson with them. The spirit was so strong. They want us to keep coming back so they are our newest investigators.  Friday, we spent the day contacting people and we visited a few Less Actives. Then Saturday was spent saying goodbye to people and packing. My goodness I miss dad when it comes to packing. I have 3 suitcases filled to the brim with stuff and they were so heavy, but the Elders were kind enough to carry them and move them where ever I wanted. Dad would probably have made me leave alot of my stuff. But then Sunday we had sort of a farewell lunch with the Earls after Stake Conference and Trisha Earl gave me this huge crocheted blanket (so I then had to pack that into the little space I had in my suitcase), it is so beautiful and I felt so spoilt. Everyone kept giving me farewell presents and I will try and attach some pictures. Then, this morning was spent travelling. Needless to say I am anxious to get into real missionary work. Getting the transfer call threw me off a little bit but I am ready to get back on the horse. It was sad saying goodbye to Sister Westover but she said she would come visit me in New Zealand so I am sure I will see her again.

One thing that has helped me this week is trying to make sure I feel the spirit in my personal study sessions. I honestly know that if I am able to feel the spirit at the very beginning of my day then I will be able to carry that with me throughout the whole day. I know it has been a huge help to my studies. I love you family so much.  As Thanksgiving and Christmas approach it makes me think of home a lot more, but now I use you as motivation to keep serving. Thats incredible that Elder Chadderton is going to be a Trainer. I know he will do great and honestly only the best train. Thats what my Mission President says all the time. Also Dad I met a guy called, Bro. Issacson who said he served in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida Mission but he was there 1978 - 1980 which I said was before your time. Small world though! Any who, it sounds like you all had a great week. Keep enjoying life and making the most of it. Thank you again for everything you do for me and the support you all give me. Take care - Sister Chadderton

PIC001 - This is me with Becky. Sad to say goodbye to Becky
PIC002 - This is me with the Reeders. They did not want to say goodbye to me it was funny
PIC003 - This is me and sister Westover with JAmie the lady who is getting baptised on Saturday
PIC004 - This is me and a lady named Laurie Sims. She just loves the missionaries
PIC005 - This is me and Lexi Earl
PIC006 - This is me with Mart and Trish
PIC007 - This is me and Sister Westover this morning outside the mission office right before I left.







No comments:

Post a Comment