1st November 2011


Hello Family,

Thank you for your emails. I am glad you all remembered my pday was changing. It is strange to email today, but nonetheless I am just excited to receive news from home. So this week has been somewhat interesting. I feel like we have been here in Emmett long enough as we are starting to sift the wheat from the tares - as in we are learning who from the previous teaching pool are actually really interested and who we need to drop and stop wasting our time with. So this week was kinda a big week in the realization that we have a lot more finding to do.

On Wednesday we went up to Garden Valley first thing and spent the day there. It is such a beautiful part of Idaho. We met with a few Less Active people and we found a few potential investigators so that is always exciting. Then we went to Horseshoe Bend that night and we taught several lessons. However, one of our investigators Ryan is stuck. He is the one on probabtion and he said he would like to get baptised but maybe in a year and a half when he turns 21. And it's hard to get through to him to help him see baptism isn't something you should delay. But we will pray for the Lord's guidance on how we should approach it. I'm just sad that he doesn't want to change. But we taught the two other men there as well Robby and Danny and they just started a new job and didn't keep any committments so its sad to see them not progressing too. Nonetheless, I still feel as if there is potential there so we will see what happens.

Thursday we spent in Sweet and a lady drove us around and all our appointments cancelled on us but we managed to visit a few LA who needed the spirit in their home. It was a good experience, then we came back to Emmett and I got your calender and cards in the mail. It was so cool to get them and I loved getting the pictures in the mail. I cannot believe how Little Button was and how fast she is growing up.

Friday we had mission tour so we were up early again and off to Boise where we got to hear Elder Bowen speak. It was incredible. His talk was about knowing who we are. He said that unless we know who we are we cannot do what we need to be doing and he expounded a lot on the Abrahamic covenant and the oath and covenant of the priesthood.  He said so many good things, but one thing that stood out was how the preisthood holders have the same power that Christ did to create the earth. They get the same priesthood. They won't ever get more priesthood then what they currently hold (if they have the Melchezedic) but that they need the power to exercise that preisthood. And then he went on to say that someone with that priesthood power in their hands does not enter bad places, and he said there are certain things they will never do because they have that power and it helped me respect the priesthood a lot more. It's incredible to think they have the power to create worlds without number if exercised correctly. He also said there are no single people in the Celestial Kingdom and in order to gain exaltation you need a worthy preisthood holder and a women who honors womanhood. So that was really cool as well. His talk was amazing.

Then we came back to Emmett and met Abby. We taught her the first lesson and she is now a new investigator so that was a good thing that happened this week. She has a lot of potential. Then we taught the Drakes and they struggle with repentance and the atonement so we are trying to help them see that the atonement covers all sins. It's interesting learning about other peoples perspective on sin because I feel a lot of the time they complicate things that shouldn't be complicated. You sin, you do something wrong that takes you away from God, you then REPENT and come closer to God. Truly it is that simple. But oh well, Satan is out there confusing them. Then Friday night we ended with teaching the Earl Family the new member discussion lessons. I love their family. They always want us at their place and the children never want us to leave, so today because its halloween we are going to play Catan with them but otherwise we see them about once a week because they are busy and we are busy too. It was quite funny, because last night we had arranged to play Catan with just Trish during the day when the kids weren't home and Jon the son goes, "Cant you wait until we finish school so we all can play?"  Trish goes, "We're going trick or treating after school so we won't have time to play!"  All the kids in unison go, "We don't have to go trick or treating, can we play Catan with the sisters instead?" That made me feel kinda happy that we mean that much to them. But I think we convinced them to go trick or treating.

Saturday we taught a few lessons and we went to teach Katrina the girl I was telling you about last week and the spirit just wasn't there. She didn't want to read anything we asked her to read, she talked about ghost stories the whole time and it made me so sad. I'm sitting there thinking, "You need to learn this so you can be happy!" Oh well, she said she didn't have a desire to learn any more and she really didn't want us to come back. That was a blow, but such is life. The Lord will continue to love her regardless.

Later that day we went to a, "Truck or Treat" at the Church where one of the Wards was having an activity. It was so cool to see how many investigators attended. Sunday we went to the Sweet Ward and watched the Hayes kids in the primary program. It was so cool that I got to watch a primary program the same time you guys did yours. I loved it! The stake president had asked the primary children in the stake to memorize "The Living Christ" so it was so touching to see little 4 year olds getting up and quoting an entire paragraph of the living Christ. Humbling actually.Then we went to Horseshoe Bend as we were asked to teach in the 3rd hour to the YW/YM and talk about why we are on a mission.  That too was a cool experience.

Overall, this week has been a good week. Not a big bang week like we had last week,  but nonetheless a good week. This coming week our goal is to find, find, find and hopefully, find new people ready in this area. This is the 5th week of the transfer and I cannot beleive my 3 month mark is coming so quickly. Honestly, I cannot believe it.  In 2 more transfers I would have been out for 6 months. Sister Westover finishes her mission the week before Christmas so I'm hoping we can stay together for Thanksgiving but then it would mean a lonely Christmas so I am not sure what is going to happen with transfers. I will be happy either way.

Anyway's,  enjoy the warmer weather for me. It was been mildly cold, but not freezing cold yet,  but everyone keeps saying it's just going to get colder. I am blessed that it has stayed this warm for this long. I think the Lord is giving me more time to prepare for the colder temperatures because everyone keeps saying it normally snows in October.

Anyways hope you are all doing well. I love you all.

Take care Sister Chadderton  PS Missionary work is amazing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment