6th March 2012

Hey Family,

Thank you for all your emails. I do appreciate them. And I have been getting your letters Mum and Dad. I forgot to mention that in my previous emails but I appreciate those as well. Its good to hear that everything is going well at home and that we are still waiting for news on Cola's mission call. Do not worry it will be on its way sooner then you think. And then the waiting won't feel so long. But I am so excited to hear what will happen.

Anyway, this week was one of a kind. P-Day was good. Then Tuesday our day was packed. It was awesome. Tuesday morning we filled out a form for a local dairy company to donate dairy goods to our 5 km run. They say that this company donates stuff normally for any community event because of how much dairy is produced in the local area. So we asked for cheese sticks, choc milk, regular milk, and yougurt as a supplement to the fruit that we will provide as snacks. Then we planned the route, met with the Chief of Police and asked him what he needed from us and then organized the t-shirts, the first aid and a few other things. The YW/YM are making posters of the WOW for us. We have a guy in Twin Falls who is making the t-shirts at a reasonable cost and I have ordered you all one and guessed the sizes. So, if they don't fit I apologise. They are green t-shirts (because the event is going to be held on St. Patrick's day) and they will have a logo on the back with a smaller logo on the front. Its funny because we were trying to find people to pre-order the t-shirts for so that we had some for the day and the rest of the t-shirts will be ordered on the day, and I thought well I have like 8 people in my family, lets order them all one, so be very excited for a green t-shirt. I am still trying to figure out how to actually get them to you all but thats okay. It will happen. Lol. Then the afternoon on Tuesday was great. We taught a lesson every hour and it was great. We met with some new less active people and one of the couples actually came to church on Sunday so that was cool. 

Wednesday we had district meeting and it was probably the first day in about a week that we didn't have to work on the 5 km run. It had snowed a little bit that morning and when we went running the snow stopped and the wind stopped until we were done running. It was cool. That day was spent in Shoshone and again and again the same thing happened with the weather. We were busy because every hour we had an appointment to teach mostly less active people but it was awesome. Just to have something to do is awesome as we do not have to be guessing where we need to be. The night ended with us going running again as I am trying to run 5 km every day. I run half in the morning and then half at night. I feel so cold most of the time when we go running so I'm not getting as fast as I would like to, but hey, running is better then nothing. And my calves always freeze up on me. Probably a sign its cold. Anyways its still good. 

Then Thursday I ran into a brick wall. It was a rough day. But the work goes on. I am learning that sometimes being exactly obedient doesn't mean being perfect. I'm pretty sure I have put a lot of unrealistic expectations on myself that I don't need to be worrying about. So, I am going back to the basics and refocusing. I know this is where I need to be. 

Friday was good and we spent the day in Carey and once again, very busy every hour. It was a great day and we did service and met some new less active people again. Then on Saturday we were in Dietrich and later headed up to Hailey to have dinner with the Stake President. It was awesome to be able to meet with him and after dinner we stayed and supported the Elders up there who had a baptism, then it was home time to Shoshone.

Sunday we were in Dietrich and one of our investigators came to church and it was awesome. We also had another couple agree to meet with us during this new week so we are excited about that. Sunday finished well and overall the week was good despite the trials in between. Thank you again for all the encouragement. I love you family, I really do. Take care, Sister Chadderton.

No comments:

Post a Comment