Family,
Well, I feel very spoilt and humbled this week. We stopped at home quickly on Tuesday night to grab something before an appointment and we have a back entrance to our house with some steps into our living area. Well, President Roberts was holding the door open and he said something, something, Sister Chadderton so I wasn't paying attention as I went to walk up the stairs; but low and behold sitting on the stairs was a beautiful bunch of flowers, and then a fruit gift basket both with my names of them. I was so taken back and honestly silent. I cannot express how grateful I am for the love that I felt getting those packages. It meant so much to me!!!!!! And what was awesome was that on Monday my companion and I were wanting to buy fresh flowers for our place because they make everything better but we couldnt bring ourselves to pay $9.00 for a bunch of flowers, so we didn't. Then we got your bunch of flowers so it made everything better. I have to admit this week has been night and day different to last week. Its true when they say you need to lose yourself because it is during the times when I feel as if I am focusing more on myself or worrying about pleasing other people that I am most discouraged. But the gospel is true, Jesus Christ is my Saviour and he has infinite abilities to pull you from a place you dont want to be in. I love you all so much and honest to goodness Cola, I needed your card. I love you family and I am so glad to hear you are all doing well.
I can't decide if I am more anxious for Cola's call or if you all are? I swear, about every night last week I had a dream about where she was going and every night it was some place different and whenever I would wake up I kept thinking, "Dang that wasn't real either!" And when I would tell my companion she would always say, "You are thinking about that way too much!" But, a Sister by the name of Vickie Pine should have added you on my page on Facebook a few weeks back. Her Husband Rian Pine may have added me on facebook too. They are my WML here in Shoshone. And so if you want to Facebook them about your call Cola, they can tell me. The mission office here is closed on Saturdays and they close at 5pm on Friday so it might be safer just to Facebook them and tell them to pass the message on.
Anyway's, as I mentioned this week was a lot better. I just wrote myself a nice big long letter and told myself to get over myself and now we are doing better. Tuesday was pretty normal besides the flowers, Wednesday was normal, and then Thursday we did weekly planning which didn't end in a disaster so I was happy about that. I was praying hard that we would be able to make it through weekly planning still sane and it worked! Thursday night we had a cool experience. There is this mother and daughter who have been coming to one of our Wards for a while now but they weren't really open to taking the missionary discussions. They finally agreed to have us come teach them but wouldn't narrow us down to a time. We called them Wednesday night to see if we could visit on Thursday night but no answer and they never called us back. Well, Thursday afternoon while we were in Richfield we got a call from them saying it was fine to go over that night. So, we rearranged plans and off we went. It was awesome.The daughter really wants to be baptised, the Mum says she has already been baptised as a baptist so doesn't really see the need to do it again but I am excited to get to teach them and bring them closer to Christ.
Then Friday we went to the dentist. There is this Dentist that does free dental work for missionaries so my companions teeth were hurting so I jumped on the band wagon and booked myself in for an appointment too. I got my teeth cleaned and I have to go back this week as I have 3 cavities that need to be filled. My companion has 2 cavities so needless to say we may have to slow down the sugar eating for a while. But it was a huge miracle to see a dentist for free. And Friday night we went to a Relief Society Dinner Celebration in Dietrich and it was awesome. The amount of less actives and Investigators that were there was overwhelming and it just made me happy that I knew a lot of the people. Sometimes it is scary not knowing everyone, but I've been in this area for about 4 months now and it is a bonus as I really am getting to know more and more people (members and non members alike) really well. It is transfers this week (we find out on Friday what is happening) and everyone is already starting to say goodbye to me because they know I have been here the longest and they are all certain I'm being transferred but we will wait and see what happens. I have really grown to love this area.
Then Saturday we were in Dietrich all day doing work, visiting our regular investigators there. Yesterday we were in Shoshone for church. It was ward conference and the Stake Presidency was there. What is cool is that they do this thing where the stake president prays about names, and then the bishop calls those people up to bear a brief testimony. This is probably the 5th ward conference I have been to here in this area and it is so amazing everytime they do that because the people are exactly the right people who need to get up and say something and they always share something that has recently happened in their life. What I couldn't get over is how the bishop yesterday talked strongly about holding on and how life is rough and tough but eventually it will get better which means a lot of people right now are feeling very pushed to their limits. It was a very uplifting Sunday.
Anyway's family this week was a happy week. I really enjoyed going through each day. This coming week is going to be utter chaos because we have dental appointments, we are going to the temple as a district, it's the last week of the transfer and not to mention there is a 5 km Fun Run that we have planned for this Saturday and all that it entails. I would ask that you pray for sunshine for the 5 km run as right now there is a 40% chance of showers so we need good weather to attract the crowds. And I did take a few pictures this week. Thank you family for being my rock and my support. I love you all so very, very, very, much. Take care. Stay strong. Sister Chadderton.
004 - Fruit Basket
005 - Flower Basket and me!
006 - A really really really long road we drove on. We were sick of seeing the middle of nothing so we stopped and took pictures. LOL...
No comments:
Post a Comment