FAMILY,
Well I got into Boise yesterday morning after getting up at 4am and had brunch with the mission president, then we were in meetings all day and I was assigned to my companion and my area. My companion/ trainer is Sister Westover from California, and we were assigned to a new area to open as Sister Missionaries. They have had elders in the area for the longest time and President felt it was time to get Sisters in the area so she and I are both new to the area - it is going to be a great experience.
My newly assigned area is called Emmett, Idaho. It is about 30mins out of Boise and we cover an entire stake so about 8 - 11 wards. There are 6000 people in this tiny little town and boy are we out in the middle of no where. Driving here was literally bare hills, and when we drove in you could see like 4 houses and then nothing for a long time. We literally walk along farms to tract.
We had an appointment fall through last night so Sister Westover took me tracting for the first time and it was an experience.
This morning we got up and went for a run and then did all the normal things missionaries do. We took over an Elders appartment and we were scared it was going to be in a bad state but it was actually pretty good. We had to throw out a bunch of expired food that was just sitting in the cupboards, and we have to do grocery shopping tonight but other than that it's a really nice apartment, a full kitchen, a bath, hot water, air conditioner and heaters, and we have a very large table for study and we both get our own closets for our clothes.
The only unusal thing is that we have no IRON!!!! So after squashing all my clothes in my bag I suddenly have a lot of crinkled clothes but no iron. I will hunt around the next few days and see if I can get a cheap one anywhere???? I have no idea how the Elders were ironing there clothes. Anyway, the Mission President said he is good friends with the Preston's???? Apparently they are members of the new Area Presidency in NZ. So, when you see them next dad make sure you say hi.
I love you family and I am so glad I got to talk to Mum, Hina and Hinalei on Sunday. It was just the boost I needed.
The MTC was great but it is even better being here in the field. I walked off the plane and knew straight away this is where the Lord needs me. I am still not 100% sure what I am doing but that will come over time. Also Mum Sister Anderson and Elder Smallwood were very appreciative of your letters. And thank you for forwarding buddies to me. I am really going to miss getting daily updates about everything that is happening at home.
My new address is:
1837 N Substation
Emmett, ID, 83617
The Mission President said to send you my address so you can send packages or letters directly to me instead of to the mission home. That address will be good till I get transferred again. Let me know if you are planning on sending anything and I will make sure to tell you if I am close to a transfer or not.
Also my group of missionaries is on a new training program in the field and its called in-field training (I know, named appropriately right?) and it means we have an extra hour of companionship study a day to go over more of the lessons and the doctrines so that in 12 weeks we will be ready to be trainers ourselves, instead of being dependant on the missionaries who have been here for a year or so to be trainers. Anyways I am just excited to be out in the field. I know this will take some getting use to, but I know I can work hard and do this.
We have a dinner appointment tonight and apparently the members are always feeding us and taking care of us. OH and guess what - Hina you will laugh at this but we get $140 per MONTH to live off. Groceries, toiletries, clothing, anything and everything comes from that $140 per MONTH. I am not sure I have ever lived of that much money per month ever but I keep telling myself I can do hard things!
Also I had a miracle when it came to my luggage. I thought I would be over and I had literally squashed everything into every small corner of my bags but when I weighed my bags they were both 50 pounds and it only cost me $60 to pay for luggage instead of paying excess. I know I need to re-evluate everything I brought to see what is nessecary to keep carting around with me, but oh well only time will tell.
Anyways I am excited to be here. Next week I will update you on all the investigators we have once I have met them so you can come on my journey with me, but for now I do not know anyone. My trainer is good, she is very patient and hardworking.
Oh and Mum nice job on the dryer/fridge they look good. And I dont have hush puppie shoes like the one's in your picture but I wish I did. They are cool as. If I need new shoes I know who I will be emailing. LOL And can you tell Nan and Grand thanks for the letter, I had one waiting at the mission home. Anyways I will try and attach some pictures for you. I love you all. I think I am really starting to miss talking to my family, but such are the sacrifices.
PS Mola, when are you coming to UTAH again? And Hina good luck with your move down stairs. You will do fine and the Lord will take care of you. Also Mum I sent a letter to Uncle Errol and Uncle Dan last week as well as yourself, Dad and Hina. Can you let me know when you get them so I know when the uncles will get theres? And I have been thinking about Pauline alot while being out here. I hope one day she will be willing to listen to the missionaries. She has been on my thoughts alot. Well love you family. Have a great week for me and my P-Days are Tuesdays so I will email again next Tuesday. Im sorry If I don't get to reply to everyone though. I love you.
Sister Chadderton
P.s. the pictures below
1st picture - my district doing there "disapproval face" if I was ever talking to an Elder they would do this face because they tried to make sure that I didnt talk to any Elders. it was more of a joke than anything
2nd picture -this is my district on our last sunday before leaving the MTC. You can see all the Elders in there Red ties ready for our musical number
3rd picture - this is with Sister Mapa - I went to BYUH with her Sister. This was my last night in the MTC
4th picture -this is me and my companion Sister Westover at the mission office before heading to our Area Emmett.
5th picture -the view on our drive to Emmett. I kid you not there were miles of just dry empty land.





No comments:
Post a Comment