17 August 2011

FAMILY!!!
 
Another week has gone by at the MTC and I feel like I have so much to tell you. First of all can I just say thanks for the emails and letters again. You have no idea how much they mean to me and I really am sorry I cant email everyone back but I will put letters in the post to those who I cant reply to you. I cant believe it snowed in Albany and Hamilton of all places. Thats insane!!! I am really enjoying the warm weather here and every sunday we get to go for a walk to the temple and thats my favorite because of the sun glarring down on me. I love the sun. It is drying out my skin here a little bit but nothing to complain about. Anyways I got to go to the Salt Lake Temple on Friday and it was AMAZING!!!! It was an early start to the day, but needless to say it was so worth it. We did a session and it is beautiful. The intricate work and the detail that is in that temple, and the overwhelming spirit was amazing! It looked definately like a house of the Lords.

Also on Sunday night I got to watch Mountain of the Lord and it just helped me appreciate the Salt Lake temple just that much more. I took some pictures and I will put them in the post this week with the different letters I send. Also on Sunday - mum you wont believe this but our speaker/ teacher for releif society was Sister Wixom? The Primary General President. Here talk was AMAZING! So inspired and I literally cried when she asked us to sing holding hands around the world, and I am a child of God. It was a room full of women and the spirit was so powerfu. Oh also I need addresses please. Mum can you please dear elder me the address for Uncle Errol, Uncle Dan (i need the postcode mostly), NICOLA - still need an address, Nanny and Grandad please. Thats all I can think of right now but I have letters for them and no where to post them so if I could have there addresses that would be great. Also we had a talk on Sunday about Dress and Grooming standards and how we need to make sure our skirts cover our knees when we sit down, so I might have to post a few dresses home to see if you can lengthen them a little bit? They cover my knees when I stand but when I sit they get real close to showing off my knees. Let me know what you think mum. I want to make sure I am exactly obediant to everything that is asked for me, and its probably safer to have longer skirts. Anyways it has been an amazing week.

The progressing investigators I told you about are doing great. Its actually funny though because honestly every investigator we went to teach yesterday invited themselves to be baptised. My companions and I were taken back each time, because we didnt feel like we had taught them enough for them to want to be baptised but they did and the spirit was there. I cannot wait till I have those experiences with real investigators. I am enjoying learning all about the spirit and its role in conversion and its amazing what you learn here. I may have said this before but I literally feel as if the book of mormon characters come to life and are my new best friends. The stories in the book of mormon are honestly so similar and have so many parellels to todays world. My companionship is doing really good. One of my companions was having a hard time with feelings of inadequacy but with the spirit and some wise council from the Branch President I know she is doing a lot better. I have also gotten my companions to be patient for me to run 2 miles now so thats an improvement.

One of my companions has started running with me so thats what helps us go further every gym time. And WOW family I also just got back from the Provo temple and my companionship wanted to do sealings this week as none of us had done them before. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!! The spirit was so overwhelming and I know now why we need to enter into the everlasting covenant of marriage before we have any hope of getting back to Gods presence. It was truly a sacred experience but Hina your right they are amazing and definately one of my favorite experiences in the temple. Oh and I got my travel itinerary. I leave the MTC next Tuesday (23rd) at 5am in the morning, and we get driven to the SLC airport and we fly from here to Boise, our flight leaves SLC at like 8.45am and gets to Boise an hour later. I have been told that I get to call home on either my Sunday or Monday so I will probably call on my Monday. Can you please Dearelder me our phone numbers as well, i know its 09 444 1459 but i dont know the codes or anything if calling from america. Please. So this will be my last pday and my last email from the MTC. I am not sure what will happen once I get to the Mission home or if they will let me email but I will try and make contact as soon as I can. I love you family I really do. I enjoy getting everyones letters and I love feeling the spirit of home. I miss my niece and nephew and talk about them all the time. OHHHHH and my package. I think mum you wanted to know what I want in my package. May I please have the following. 1x packet of snickers pods, 1 x bar of black forest, 1 x bar of bubbly white chocolate, 1 x bag of party mix naturals, and I would also like some NZ souvenier stuff like you sent buddy. And if you have any longer skirts that might be okay but dont stress too much about the skirts cause I can probably shop while in Idaho. ALSO LOADS of pictures of my niece and nephew and the rest of the family.

Oh also mum can you send me Elder Chaddertons actual letter address? Okay now I sound like I am asking too much. I love you all. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be here on a mission and Hina that Scripture was amazing. Also Mum one last request, I have a few people in my district who are not getting a lot of mail. And they always tease me cause I get so much and they try and make a joke of it, but I know they would like mail. Are you able to write to them? I know thats a strange request and you dont have to if you dont want but I think it might be a nice gesture. One of the Elders names is Elder Smallwood. hes a funny little guy who loves anything to do with NZ and then my companion Sister Anderson gets hardly any mail. I am not sure if this makes sense but it you have any ideas that would be great. There mailbox number is the same as mine. I want you to know how much I am grateful for my Saviour and for his perfect example. Being here literally brings me that much closer to my Father in Heaven and I know I still have a lot to learn but I know he is guiding me more now than I have ever felt before. Also I put your guys names on the prayer role in the SLC temple and the PROVO temple today when I went so even if the NZ temple is closed I have put your name on the prayer role. Anyways have a great day.

Please keep writing me and I hopefully will speak to you all on Monday. its only a 5 minute phone call so dont expect anything too big, but something is better than nothing. Thank you for everything youve done for me. I know the Lord is blessing you all, and good decision on the renting out of the downstairs, and Im glad your talk and sharing time went well. Dad I love you and I will send you a letter cause I am literally out of time but I hope your doing good. Hina thanks for the email. I love getting all the pictures but I will send you a letter as well. Love you family. Take care, be strong, Sister Chadderton  

No comments:

Post a Comment