Family!
Oh, do I have a lot to catch you up on. This past week has been awesome and it makes my heart happy and I will tell you all about it, but I will start back at Monday.
So, after I emailed you we went and played volleyball and I was getting a little frustrated with the Elder's on my team. During the game they kept jumping in front of me to hit the ball, almost as if they thought I didn't know how to play the game so I wasn't getting much of a turn and decided to sit down and write my weekly letter to Sister N (Cola) instead. After writing my letter, the spirit said, "Call the mission office and see if they have your itinerary yet!" So I did, and they had my flight schedule. So, I said to the lady in travel, "All I want to know is if I have a lay over in SLC please?" She said I did and I about jumped out of my skin!!!!!!!! I arrive in SLC at 12:55 p.m. on January 5 2013 and depart at like 5.:55 p.m. to LA. I have a 5 hour layover! Oh the best news ever! I was on a big HIGH after receiving that news so I made a BIG sign and sent it to Cola telling her I have a layover. Apparently, I get home at like 8:00 a.m. on January 7th, but I haven't got the actual details in my hand so I'm not 100% sure. But I was so happy about the layover. This kind of news truly gave me the energy boost I needed to get through my week, let alone through the rest of my mission. That night we had dinner in Vale, then we headed back to Parma and called it a night.
The next day was Zone Conference, and it was a special, "Thanksgiving" Zone conference. We learnt a lot about Elder Bednar's talk entitled, "Converted unto the Lord" and honestly, that talk is the epitomy of why I am on my mission. At the end of the conference all the departing missionaries were invited to share their testimonies so I had to bear my testimony and I just bawled through it. Goodness me, I just cried. The spirit was so strong and it was awesome. I talked a little about how before coming on a mission I had a testimony, but I wasn't truly converted to the Lord until I served my mission. It has brought about the conversion that I know I needed. After conference I took some pictures and then we rushed home to a dinner appointment, then that night we had a lesson with Patsy.
Wednesday we had interviews with our Mission President and our last District meeting. One of the Elders had a brithday so we got him a cake. Interviews were good and President pretty much said I would be staying in Nyssa this transfer, so that was fine because it was what I was hoping. After transfers we had dinner with this huge family because everyone's families come into town for Thanksgiving so that was neat to have a lot of people in the one room. Then we called it a night.
Thursday was Thanksgiving and we went to a families home in Owyhee for dinner, then we went up to Vale and had another Thanksgiving dinner. Honestly, I was surprised that no one talks about what they are grateful for at these dinners. It was a little sad :( so when we left a message, I shared with everyone about how before we would have Thanksgiving dinner we would go around the room and take turns at sharing what we were grateful for. Anyway, we drove home and watched a movie as a companionship, then we called it a night. It was a first, "No contact day" where we had to respect not going to people's homes because they had family over.
Friday morning we were up early and off to the Temple as a District. We took some Elders in our car and headed to Boise. It was awesome being back in the Temple and the ladies name that I took through on the endowment session was, "Wiri" and I sat their thinking, "Oh, thats like baby Ra-Wiri" so it was cool. The session rooms are tiny but it was great being back in the Temple. On the way home we stopped at Deseret Book Store because some of the Elders needed to purchase a few items and they were having a Black Friday sale. I just had to buy some books. Did I mention I'm bringing home a few church books. I can't read them on my mission but I'm dying to read them when I get home, so I just have them sitting in my suitcases waiting until I get home because I figured its cheaper to buy them now then ship them to NZ, so all you book lovers I think you will like the books I'm bringing home. That night we were up in Vale, where we went to the Care Center, then visited Tina and a few other people before driving back to Parma. While we were driving home the phone rang and it was transfer calls and I will definitely be in Nyssa and my new companion will be Sister Watson! The same companion I had in Middleton. Yay! It's going to be great. Your prayers were answered Dad and I am so excited to work hard to the end. I have been praying to know what I can do to keep working hard this last transfer and I know that Sister Watson will help me work hard until the very end.
Saturday! Oh, Saturday was amazing! Sister Armstrong packed that morning, then we had lunch with one of our Relief Society Presidents and then another sister, Sister Baker picked us up and we were off to the Temple to attend the Earl families endowment session followed by their sealing. Oh my goodness family what an experience! Sister Westover had also come and the session was great and Brother and Sister Earl truly looked at peace. We had the sealing session after and when the children were bought into the sealing room I just bawled my eyes out. Here is this family that a year ago did not even have the gospel in their lives and now they are kneeling at the alter about to be sealed for eternity. Oh goodness, true happiness in their eyes and I know those children will never forget how they felt. I got to be with Sister Westover and we were both crying and just reminiscing about our first lesson with the Earl's and now to witness their sealing was the icing on the cake. It was magical and it sure helped strengthen my testimony and conversion about temple sealing's and the importance of keeping our temple covenants. It was just an amazing experience. What a sight! A whole family dressed in white.
Sunday was great. We attended 2 Wards and then had several appointments and then drove home. Sister Armstrong finished packing and then it was bed time. So, this morning we were up bright and early and at 8:00 a.m. I picked up Sister Watson. It's going to be an awesome transfer. I cannot believe how quickly the time is passing, but I am excited for the future. People keep asking me what I'm going to do once I get home and I just tell them, "I'm going to work hard and put my degree to good use!" Anyway's family, its been an awesome week and I'm very excited for the weeks ahead. Have a great week and Mum, I sent you a letter earlier this week so look out for it. Love you all. Take care, Sister Chadderton.
Picture 1- Sister Schoepf & Sister Chadderton
Picture 2 - Sister Chadderton, Sister Cline & Sister Huffman
Picture 3 - Canadian sisters & Me - the sister in pink knows Sister N from the Square
Picture 4-5 The wonderful Earl family on their special day of being endowed and sealed with Sister Westover and I.





No comments:
Post a Comment