Hey Family,
Thanks so much for the emails. We get transfer calls this week so no news as yet. Please keep my companion and I in your prayers as we learn what is causing my companion to become emotional. She is the best and I love her.
I don't have a lot of time to email so I'm sorry if this is email feels kind of rushed. P-Day last Monday was awesome and all the sisters got together and had sushi, played volleyball and later headed home. That night my companion and I visited a couple of families and left some spiritual thoughts with them before calling it a night.
Tuesday we did some service with the Relief Society where we helped cut out quilt squares. That was fun and then we went and had lunch, did some more service, and then went and visited some people before going to dinner. Dinner was awesome and after dinner we had a few lessons to teach. One of our lesson's was with Patsy and Lariann and it was an awesome lesson and the spirit was strong. Patsy shared with us that she received an invitation to the Temple dedication so that was very special to her. She was in need of some food supplies and her electricity is about to be cut off so after we left I called Bishop and told him she needed assistance and he said he would take care of it.
Wednesday we were at the bakery and helped out there, then we drove back to Parma and stopped in at a members home and while we were there the sister said, "Sister's, I've been meaning to talk to you. My fiancé wants to be baptized, how can I make that happen?" Wow! That was the best news ever, so we organized to return that evening to teach him. We went back and met Kyle and sure enough he had felt such an overwhelming feeling in the Temple that he decided he needed to change his life and be baptized. He didn't set an actual baptismal date that night, but he is definitely praying about it.
Thursday we had District meeting, then after the meeting I suggested to my companion that it would be nice if we could buy Patsy a dress to wear to the Dedication because we both knew she didn't have money for one. We went to one store and such a blessing, we found the perfect dress for her and bought it. We drove back to Parma for a few appointments, and then we headed to Owyhee for dinner and then a lesson with Shelby. After the lesson we dropped by to see Patsy and gave her the new dress and she was very emotional. She loved the dress but she also said some of the ladies from the Relief Society had come around the day before and filled her cupboards and freezer with food from their own food storage. Truly humbling actually. So she was very happy. I was so grateful to Bishop.
Friday we did weekly planning, then we headed to Vale where we attended a Seminary type class. It was a little different because we didn't do what we were supposed to do. Not sure what happened there. We then went to a Care Centre and did some service for the elderly ladies, then we helped set up for a Ward activity. It was called a, "Harvest dinner" and it was really cool because we met and talked to a lot of sisters whose husbands are not members. We stayed in Vale that night.
Saturday we went and helped our Ward Mission Leader brand some calves. Oh my goodness, I wasn't cut out for this so I sat back with the children because these calves were bucking all over the place and I did not want to get injured. It was a crazy but a neat experience. Then we drove back to Parma.
The next part of my email is quite sensitive to me and my companion but I'm including it to help you appreciate and recognize just how stressful missionary work can be and the toll it can have on individuals. After arriving home from our calf branding activity, I was sitting on the couch waiting for my companion to finish in the bathroom so I could change and then we would go out and do some work. Well, my companion comes out of the bathroom and sits down and starts eating her lunch and I sensed something wasn't right so I went into where she was eating and she was very emotional. I asked her what was wrong but she just kept crying, and didn't say a thing. She just sucked back the tears and wouldn't talk. So, I finished my lunch then went and got ready and by the time I got done she seemed to have calmed down. She still wouldn't talk or tell me what was wrong. She much preferred to change the subject. Anyway's I told her she probably needed to take a nap so she did and I occupied myself. Anyway's, while she was napping there was a knock at the door and guess who it was? My old companion Sister Schoepf had come to surprise us! She had brought some other return missionaries with her that used to serve in the Boise Mission. It was so cool catching up. Later that day, my companion was feeling a little better after her nap so we went and watched the Youth Cultural Celebration and then came home and went to bed.
Sunday morning we got up early and drove to Boise to attend the Temple Dedication. It was so awesome! Honestly, so neat and Elder Bednar was the visiting apostle with President Thomas S. Monson. The talks were awesome and after the dedication we headed home to have lunch before the next session started. On the way home I tried to make conversation with my companion but she didn't want to talk much. She was sitting there crying. We get home and she locks herself in the bathroom for 30 minutes and in my head I'm thinking, "Okay somethings seriously wrong here!" I talked to the lady that we live with as she used to be a nurse but she was at a loss. Then my companion came out of the bathroom and she was standing over her lunch still crying. I looked at her and tried asking her again as to what was wrong. She looked at me and continued to cry, so I walked over and gave her a big hug and she just cried and cried and cried. I had no idea what to do so I called President Cannon, only to realize that he was probably in the Temple waiting for the next session to start. I called a few other people but no answer. My companion kept saying that even she didn't know what was wrong with her or why she was crying. I called the mission nurse and told her about my companion and she managed to talk with her on the phone and get some yes or no answers out of her. I knew we needed to get to Boise to meet up with President Cannon as I didn't know what else to do. But, I wasn't sure if my companion was up for the trip to Boise. She said she was, so we got our stuff together and went to Boise. President Cannon called and told us to meet him at the Mission home so Sister Anderson and Sister Bishaw took us to the Mission home and we had dinner with the Cannon's while my companion interviewed with President. Then I talked to President after and asked him what I should do, and he said to just love her. He said we could stay in Boise that night and she would see a counselor on P-Day. So we we were in Boise last night and she has an appointment with the counselor today so please keep her and I in your prayers as I am worried about her. President Cannon said he will see us again on Wednesday so we are taking things a day at a time.
Anyways, like I said please keep us in your prayers. I know that when trials come it can affect the work but I have to keep reminding myself that the work will still be there and right now the Lord needs me to take care of my companion. I am in this companionship for a reason and I want to learn what I can do to help her. I love you family. Have an awesome week. I will let you know next week about transfers. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment