5 June 2012


Family,

Yay P-Day again! I am pretty sure that it blows my mind just how much things can change in one week.  I feel like I have so much to update you on. This week has been hectic to say the least!  But, I am glad you have all had an awesome week and yay for a boy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for another boy. You should call him? Nah jokes!  I'll let you all decide but let me know the name when you do.  Anyway's,  my week - are you ready for this?

Monday after P-Day we headed out to Emmett where we got to stop by and see the Earl family! Honestly, it was so cool seeing them again and they were so excited to update me about their lives. What is cool is that Jami their 7 year old is to be baptized on Saturday so they asked if I would be able to come. I told them I would ask President Cannon and then let them know. Anyway's, I was companion's with a Sister Romine-Furr for the night and we all headed back to Meridian to settle down.

Tuesday morning we went and saw a few people, and then we went by the Mission Office to pick up my new companion Sister Lee. We had such a busy Tuesday already planned that it felt like our day was going to be a bit like a circus because I was with a different companion, then a new companion all in the space of a short time.   We had lunch and a lesson with Bree and later, we had a lesson with Ivy.  Bit of sad news in that Ivy's mum doesn't want her baptized this soon. She wants Ivy to show more commitment so she is making her wait. It was sad but I know she will eventually be baptized. Following the lesson, we took Sister Lee to do her emails and buy some groceries and then we met up with  Sister Howard again and headed home. Poor Sister Lee was exhausted by the time we got home.

Wednesday we had District meeting and interviews with President Cannon and in his interview with me he said that I will probably be staying and training Sister Lee for the next two transfers which is what I had guessed.   After interviews we went and had district lunch and then we went and taught a few lessons. The night ended with us helping the Webb's to organize for their son to return home. It was a good day.

Thursday we had a really weird weekly planning session.  Brother Pine from Shoshone came up to Meridian and wanted to say hi, then we found out that the stake center we had Craige's baptism planned at was booked so we had to call around to find a chapel building where we could hold Craige's baptism. It's crazy because here only the stake centers have fonts but the first Saturday of every month they have stake 8 year old baptisms so almost all the chapels close by are booked.  But, through the tender mercies of the Lord we finally found a free font to use on Saturday. That night we taught Bree again and she dropped us home (we have been asked to walk more) and as she was taking us home she expressed all these concerns about things going on in her life and she was unsure exactly what she should be doing. She kept saying she has big decisions to make but I don't know if I am ready to make them -  baptism being one of them - so we are continuing to encourage her to pray about baptism.

Friday was a good day. We taught Craige's last lesson and then he had his baptismal interview.  We went and taught a few more lessons and walked A LOT!  The reason they want us to walk more is so we can meet more people. So, that was a good day. We also helped a lady roll yarn and then we walked on home for the evening and may have run through some sprinklers on the way home. 

Saturday! This is where the exciting stuff happens. So, Craige's baptism is scheduled for 4:00 p.m. today, so we did our studies and other stuff in the morning and then we went to lunch before heading to the Chapel to set up for the baptism. I was so nervous that this baptism wasn't going to happen because this was the 4th baptismal date that we have set for Craige and he did not show up for the other three.  Well, low and behold, sigh, sigh, he came and I got to speak at his baptism and while he had no family support there were plenty of Ward members in attendance and friend support so that was good to see. He also bore his testimony after his baptism and it was mighty powerful. It was so cool to see him actually get baptized.  After Craige's baptism the Earl Family came and picked us up to go to Jami's baptism. I honestly cannot describe how it felt to see a family who was just recently baptized to be progressing so well.  What made it more joyful was to be in attendance at their daughters baptism.  Mart had the Melchizedek priesthood now and my heart was filled with joy as I watched the whole baptism happen. Seeing the growth in the family, seeing the excitement in Jami and knowing that Mart is a worthy priesthood holder was humbling. During intermission while the kids were getting changed we normally sing songs so a few songs had been sung and then the Bishop got up and invited me to come and bare my testimony. Needless to say I cried through the whole thing because of how overwhelmed I felt with joy. It makes missionary work so worth it, the hard times, the tears everything so worth it to see joy in a family because they now know the truth. It's so hard to describe but I know you know what I mean.

Anyways then Sunday we got to see Craige confirmed and he got an awesome blessing. It was almost like a patriarchal blessing, it was powerful. Then last night we taught Anthony and then we went and saw the Sager family and we had an awesome conversation with Dan (who is not a member) about the church and he knows its true.  He is slowly working on changing his habits and making sure he is ready to be a full worthy priesthood holder when he does join the church. 

So family, it has been an amazing week.  Oh, I forgot to mention on Thursday morning I got a call from President Cannon again saying he just realized neither I nor Sister Lee drive, so we actually won't be together like he originally thought. He said I will still be training a new missionary this next transfer but it probably or most definitely won't be Sister Lee. So thats real sad news. I am anxious to see what happens this next transfer. Also, I talked to President about getting my licence and he said I have enough stress in my life and not to worry about getting it and to just concentrate on missionary work. 

Well, thats my week. It has been an incredible week, totally motivating to keep me doing missionary work. I love you all. Enjoy the pictures. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxoxox  


001 -  Sister Howard and I in the car
002 - Sister Howard and I in the car (take 2)
003 - Sister Lee and I outside our home
004 - All three of us
005 - Craige's baptism
006 - Jami's baptism
007 - Crazy one at Jami's baptism
008 - Lexi Earl and I
009 - Jami Earl and I
010 - Andy Earl and I
011 - John Earl and I














No comments:

Post a Comment