19 June 2012


Hello Family,

I hope you are all alive and well. Thank you for your emails and pictures. I am excited that Cola is home safe and sound and you are all enjoying good food. I am indeed alive and well. The rest of the week has been good. From Thursday onwards, I guess I don't have a lot to update you about, but things have been really good. 

Thursday after I emailed, we went and had lunch, then we did weekly planning, then that night we went and saw one of our less active members who was in the hospital, then we stopped by and saw Levi, a kid who we have been teaching who has ADHD.  It was a very interesting discussion and trying to get him to focus on the lesson was a challenge. It taught me a lot about patience and the need to try new ways of teaching the gospel to children with ADHD. Then we went and had a BBQ with Bree and the King-horn Family and their neighbours. It was an awesome visit and Bree definitely does want to be baptized, but she is out of town for the next few weeks so we will get back in contact with her upon her return.

Friday was District meeting and my whole District has changed.  Its kind of weird, but a good weird. Anyway's then we saw Craige for the first time since his baptism and it would appear as if Satan has been working on him, but he is doing fine.  We talked a little about the priesthood and patriarchal blessings.  We then visited Lois who is an elderly lady that we do puzzles with. She is kinda less active so its cool doing puzzles with her and after we do puzzles we teach her a lesson.  Following the lesson we went and made dinner for the Webb Family because it was Brother Peter Webbs birthday and because Barb is still confined to the couch following surgery, we were happy to help cook and it felt so good to be cooking again! Pretty sure I'm going to start volunteering to make people dinner just so I can cook again in a full kitchen. I miss it! 

Saturday was a good day. We saw a lot of less active people and we walked a heck of a lot more today then we have in the past. Only thing is, seriously there is hardly anybody on the streets on a Saturday. One would almost think that we live in a ghost town with the lack of people out walking, but everyone is just so busy that they take cars everywhere. We did have a cool experience where we were dropping off progress records to one of our Ward Mission Leaders and we ended up talking to his wife for a bit. Then as we were walking out I saw this girl walking on the street who is in the YSA Ward. Well, we stopped her and talked to her for a while and it was just interesting to see how the Lord puts you right where he needs you.  We needed to be talking to this particular person for many reasons.   Following our conversation, I was like, "We need to say a prayer!"  She looks at me like I'm crazy, because we're on the side walk, and I was like, "Well I will say it but we need to pray".   I kept thinking about how much I guess I've changed since being on my mission like saying a prayer on the sidewalk doesn't scare me and talking to people about the gospel doesn't scare me. It is so cool because everything we do as missionaries can be traced back to the Saviour and his gospel.  That night we visited some other less active people and then headed home.

Sunday was Father's Day. Who knew? So, "Happy American Father's Day Dad!"  Funny story because on Mother's Day all the talks were about mothers and how amazing and awesome they are and yesterday the talks were on things like missionary work or random topics that weren't really related to fathers. It was almost non-existent which was kinda sad. But at the same time people didn't seem to matter. We went to several different Wards and one of our investigators by the name of Taryn actually came to church for the entire three hour block and it was awesome.   More importantly, her mum and brother came too.  That was so cool to see.  That night we had Father's Day dinner with one of our Ward Mission Leaders family where we helped make the dessert and it was a lot of fun.  We made a dessert similar to caramel slice but we had put in a layer of a kinda pudding/frosting in the middle instead of caramel. It was pretty good.   After dinner we visited a few more people then called it a night.

Overall, the week has been good. My companion Sister Bishaw is awesome. There is a lot that we need to do for this area so we will see what this week brings but it has been a good start to the transfer.  Funny thing,  whenever I introduce members to my new companion they always give me a hard time, because in 3 months I am onto my 5th companion.   The jokes keep flowing like, "Oh you must be the trouble sister in the mission that's why you have so many companions" or "You must be hard to get along with that's why you have so many companions!"  I laugh, then agree and then laugh and joke about it, then they get serious and then they comment and say, "But you're not hard to get along with and you're not any trouble!  Meridian is treating me well and I love it here and I love the people.

Anyway's, today was P-Day and don't worry I won't be doing any back flips or front flips on the trampoline for the rest of my mission.  I stayed completely grounded these past few days and I did get a chance to get my hair cut.  The hairdresser took quite a bit off and when I get a chance, I will take some pictures so you can see how short it is now. Other then that, not a lot else has happened. Oh, I finally received my bank card from Hawaii, so that was excellent.   Enjoy the next six weeks Cola because after that you will join the ranks!  Love you all. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment