Hey Family,
Thanks for the emails. Can you beleive a whole week has gone by and the time is passing by quickly. It's been a busy, busy, busy week but a great week. I will start at the beginning and try and recount all the happenings of this past week.
Monday was P-Day and that was fun. We finished P-Day early because I went to the sealing and President Cannon had asked me to offset it by taking time out of my P-Day so we did. Then we went to Vale and had dinner with a family that lived in a very remote place. There were dirt roads that seemed to go on forever. I was so glad that we were staying in Vale that night so after dinner we tried visiting a few people but it was quite dark and creepy along these dirt roads so we decided to try a couple of homes but no one seemed to answer the door so we ended up calling it a night and headed to the Roman families home where we were staying the night.
Tuesday we got up, went to the bakery to visit Laurie and Duane and then we went to Seminary. The Seminary teacher is the Relief Society President and she invited us along. It was great and everyone had a thousand questions about New Zealand. We travelled back to Nyssa after class and saw several people and all good visits. We met a lot of widow's in our area this past week. That night there was a Relief Society Christmas dinner that we attended then we had a lesson with Lori and Kyle. It was a really good lesson and Kyle still hasn't received an answer to prayer about his baptism date. He knows he needs to be baptized but no date has stood out to him. We committed him to continue to pray about a date and to continue to read the Book of Mormon.
Wednesday we were in Parma all day. This was where we met most of the widows. There are quite a few people who are lonely during the holiday season so we try to go and visit them and see if we can be of service or do anything for them. It was a really good day because we met a lot of ladies in the Ward. No one really wanted us to do service they just needed someone to talk to so that was awesome too. Can you believe it rained all day. It was miserable :( That night we went to visit a less active lady whose husband had not long passed away and we had a really good visit with her. Hopefully she will start coming back to church soon.
Thursday was weekly planning and that was good. Then we waxed our car because at Zone conference we were all asked to wax our cars so now I know how to wax my car. It looks so shiny. Then we went to Owyhee, had dinner with a family who had a few exchange students from Korea and China, and then we saw Shelby and had a really good lesson with her where we talked mostly about the Prophet Joseph Smith. Then we headed home. Long day but good day!
Friday we had District meeting and we have a whole new district. A few Elder's I was in the MTC with are in my District and I think it makes them a little trunky knowing that I'm going home soon. We drove up to Vale again and we felt strongly that we should visit Maggie and Kea - mother and daughter. They aren't LDS but we drove to see them and the Lord's hand was evident in our visit. We visited for a while and that was exactly where we needed to be. The Ward Mission Leader had asked us to visit a few other people so we went to dinner first, then we visited everyone that we could find home and then we headed out to the Roman's and stayed their again. We are planning to stay in Vale on Monday's and Friday nights now because it's about 40 miles from Parma to Vale and it's safer and easier to stay the night instead of driving home.
Saturday was awesome! It was, "Super Saturday" at the Church Building where we did some Christmas crafts and you are going to love what I made Mum! I made my craft especially for you and I am going to cart it all the way home! Everyone said it looked really pretty. After our craft morning, we went and helped at the bakery because it was open on Saturday, then we went to a 8 year old's baptism where we were asked to speak. We visited with a few people after and while we were sitting in our last appointment and I was struggling to stay awake. Goodness me, I felt so bad because I kept yawning so I had to wrap up the lesson quickly and get myself out of there. I got in the car and said to my companion, "I'm wasted and I almost feel like falling asleep!" We ended up going home because my companion said she was just as exhausetd.
It was Fast Sunday and we were planning on going to Owyhee to attend church, but as I was getting ready the spirit said, "GO TO PARMA for church!" Owyhee Ward starts at 10:00 a.m. and Parma starts at 9:00 a.m. and I hadn't finished getting ready. I checked the clock and it was 8:44 a.m. so I told my companion that we were going to attend church in Parma of which we arrived just before Sacrament started. There are two Wards in Parma so we attended both. Here's a cool fasting story. So, my companion and I have been fasting for opportunites to Find, Teach, and Baptize people. Yesterday, there was a non member at church who turns out to be a waitress from a restaurant in town that I've eaten at a couple of times. I didn't realize she wasn't a member because her husband is. That is the answer to our fast, we have found a new investigator. Our WML said he had someone new he wanted us to start teaching so our fasting to find someone to teach was answered, then right after church we had a lesson with Lori and Kyle and this time Kyle had received an answer to when he should be baptized. He said he prayed and the number 14 came to mind, and he said that he knew that was his answer. He took it to mean 14 days from that night, however you have to be WOW free for 2 weeks and he hadn't stopped chewing tobacco until a a few days ago so we checked the calender and made the suggestion of being baptized on December 14th? He was happy with that so Kyle's baptism is set for December 14th. I am so excited! He will be our White Christmas. Like last year, if we have a baptism it constitutes as a White Christmas so that was an answer to our fasting to have a baptism. See family, fasting really does work. Overall, it was a great Sabbath day. We also got to watch the First Presidency Christmas Devotional and it was awesome. I loved President Eyring's talk about making sure we're giving lasting gifts this year, something that will build faith not just meaningless gifts, and then President Uchtdorf talked about being a good receiver and gift giver and having a more child like attitude towards Christmas instead of being so expectant. Then President Monson's talk was amazing too. I won't tell you about it, so watch it if you get the chance to because it's a great way to start the Christmas season. I hope you are all doing well. I will keep praying for you and yes I received my Christmas package it is still nicely wrapped under the christmas tree. By the way my address is:
1003 N Pioneer Way
Parma, ID, 83660
so you can still send all my mail there instead of the Mission office because I will get it quicker. I love you family. Glad Michel and Gem's wedding was great. Hope your doing good and see you all in a little over a month. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment