Family!
Oh my goodness, I just want to stare at the pictures of Baby Rawiri all day! He is so handsome and cute! I was so happy when I got the text from President Cannon and he actually forwarded me Mum's email so that was the best! CONGRATULATIONS!!! AHHH!!!! I just want to sit and hold him. Good thing he will still be a little guy when I see him in just over 8 weeks (don't worry I'm not trunky!). That is just awesome. "Good work team! Go team go!" I say, "Team" because I know each of you played a pivotal role in the whole birthing experience such as watching children, offering support, and then babies arrival. I love you family! Well, my week was no where near as exciting as yours, but I will write a quick version of it so you can all go back and admire the baby for me please. Oh, make sure he gets big kisses from Aunty Jenna!!!!! Glad you have the blanket. Bytheway, I love the name - Rawiri Tuileto'a Savaiinaea - so perfect. Good job Hina and Joe. You have beautiful children.
Okay so quick re-cap of the week:
Monday was P-Day, we emailed and then went to play games with the Elders and during our activity we get a phone call saying we need to be in Boise by 6:00 p.m. for a meeting which I was asked to conduct with all the Sister's regarding the Open House. It's around noon at this point so we finish playing indoor soccer and about 1:30 p.m. we eat lunch then look at a few shops. I just wanted to find a Ross Store because I knew they would have my boots, so we decided to drive to Boise a little early and shop at the Ross Store there. Well, we get to Boise, go in to Ross's and, "I FIND BOOTS!" Yay! They are brown in color and lined and just perfect. The best part is they were only $24.99 - bargain aye! They were originally $59.99 so that was a blessing! With boots in hand, we head off to the Mission office and Sister Anderson and I meet with President Cannon to organize the meeting with the Sisters. We finish the meeting with the Sister's at 7:30 p.m. and by this time we really should be driving home, getting some sleep and then getting up and driving back to Boise for our morning shift at the Temple. We ended up staying the night in Boise but, we hadn't really packed an over night bag so luckily I was able to borrow some of the other Sister missionaries clothes and stuff. It was great.
Tuesday, we worked at the Temple and after our shift we drove back to Parma to clean our apartment because Elder Haleck of the Seventy was doing Mission Tour and apartment inspections so we cleaned up then went out to dinner. When we got home that night we did a lot of organizing for the new week ahead because we knew we would be all over the place.
Wednesday we had an appointment first thing in the morning with a lady named Tristan who likes to converse but doesn't really want to have the lessons, so we are re-thinking what to do with her. After our visit with Tristan we drove back to the Temple. We worked from 1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. because half the Sister's had Mission Tour and weren't able to work. It was a great day and we received four referrals for our area so that was exciting. I was helping the office staff get organized too and on Wednesday night we stayed in Boise.
Thursday we got up and arrived at the Temple by 8:30 a.m. and worked their until 11:30 a.m. after which we headed to our Mission Tour and we were supposed to be there by noon but it took us a little longer then expected so we got there dead on 12:30 p.m. - just as it was starting. I learnt that Elder O. Vincent Haleck was a Mission President in Samoa before he was called to be a General Authority, so that was really cool. He and his wife spoke to us and it was awesome. They had a way of helping us truly understand the need to continually leave commitments but not just with our investigators but also for ourselves because there is always room for improvement. I was then asked to stay behind after the meeting so I could interview with Elder Haleck so that was a cool surprise. I got to interview with him only to find out that he does a lot of corresponding with the Area Office in NZ. He said next time he corresponds with the NZ office he would say hi to my dad. He knows Elder Wakolo too (can't remember if I spelt that right) - really well - so that was cool too. He gave me some good advice for after my Mission and it was just a really cool interview. He is so normal! That night we were off to dinner and then we went and contacted our referrals only to find out they were all LDS who had put themselves down as referrals. So that was interesting.
Friday, and first thing this morning we helped out at the bakery because we hadn't seen Duane or Laurie all week and then we went to District meeting and then to Boise. We worked at the Temple from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. and it was funny because I was just taking a break and eating something in the kitchen when the phone sounded that we had a text message and I checked it and low and behold it was the news of my little nephew, so that was exciting!!!!! That night we stayed in Boise.
Saturday we worked from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - when I say work, I mean we are answering people's questions, helping them feel the spirit, entering comment cards into a spreadsheet or entering referrals into this, "Referral Manager" system that the church has. It was great but for some reason I wasn't feeling well all day so I decided to stay in the Mission Office most of the day helping out with more administrative work. After we finished at the Temple we drove to Nyssa, had dinner, then went to a birthday party where we met lots of non-members and it was great. Then we drove to Vale and stayed the night there because we needed to be at Ward Council the next morning. So, it seems like we hadn't been home since early Friday morning. It was a long weekend!
Sunday, one of the Ward's held their Sacrament Primary Presentation which was cool and then we had Ward Council, then we were asked to participate in another Primary Presentation so that was cool too. We had another Ward Council, then we saw Laurie and Duane and got to know their situation. That was interesting. Then we went to Nyssa to meet with a man named Art who is waiting for First Presidency approval to be baptized. He is an awesome, nice, old Mexican man. Then we went and contacted a couple of our LDS referrals and two were home and they were less active girls about 22 years of age who needed help getting back to church. It was so cool to see that they genuinely wanted to change their lives. So we had a good lesson with them. Then we travelled home and got to have a bite to eat for dinner then we went to see Patsy and found that she needed our help with a few issues. We got home by 9:30 p.m. Breath! So needless to say not a lot of down time of late. I know without a doubt the Lord is giving me strength beyond my own to keep my head straight. I know I have so much I am trying to remember and not forget that sometimes I think my mind is going to explode. But, I am so grateful that the Lord is on my side. Anyway's, still the best news of the week is the arrival of Baby Rawiri!!!!!! YAY! And yes, I want a Chadderton ring please. Sign me up!
Well, family I love you all. Take good care of my new nephew. I have so much love for him already. They are the cutest baby pictures in the whole world. I am going to try and save them to a USB and print some off. Hehe! Love you all and thanks for all the emails. Thanks Uncle Rick for the email and when I get home you will have to take me hunting to find a Red stag! Sister Chadderton xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment