Hello Family,
Woohoo for P-Day! My companion and I are emailing first thing this morning because we are going for a bike ride. There is a bike trail along the Boise River so we've borrowed some bikes and are going to be adventurous and bike along that trail. It should be fun. The temperature is suppose to get up to 104 degrees fahrenheit today (40 degrees celsius) so its going to be a scorcher of a day. Hopefully, I can take some pictures and send them to you all next week. Well, this past week has been good and did I mention that I received the package from Chantelle Hooper and I also got the package from the Aeroview Ward Young Women on the same day. They were awesome. So, "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!" I have been restocked with chocolates, so thanks again.
Monday was P-Day - got the packages, went shopping and brought 3 dresses from Down East Basics and they are nice dresses. They were on sale and then another 30% off the sale price so it made me happy. After shopping we came home and chilled for the rest of P-Day. That night we taught a lesson and did some tracting and met a lady who didn't want anything to do with us but as we stood and listened to her she softened and by the end of the visit she was offering us meals. She doesn't want the discussions but we did have a prayer with her and it was cool to recognize the spirit soften her heart.
Tuesday was a crazy day. We contacted one of our referrals and as we knocked on their door you hear someone yell from the inside, "Who is it?" We replied, "It's the sister missionaries" but no one came to the door, so we knocked again and then they said the same thing and we replied the same way and finally they opened the door and were like, "Oh, please come in, we're keeping family out!" It seemed a little hilarious but glad we weren't family and got to go inside. We visited with the lady and talked a little about baptism and confirmation and she was interested and didn't know why people wouldn't want to feel forgiven of their sins. It was incredible. Actually it was really cool. Lunch was next and then we went to visit with the guy who just moved here from Texas as we are planning his baptism for July 21st so that will be good. He literally was taught everything so this is a cool experience and gift from the Lord. Then we saw a few LA people, had dinner, and went home early because we were going to make banana bread for the Elders. So a funny story, "My companion and I were struggling with showing respect to the AP's and our District leader so after a lot of contemplating and praying, we were inspired to, "Kill them with kindness" and so we baked them Banana Bread.
Wednesday - Independence Day July 4th - we attended a missionary training all day and when we saw the AP's we told them we had a gift for them and now they are our new best friends. Pretty sure anything we needed all day they literally did for us and this week they have called us just about every day for something or other so if you are having a hard time showing charity to someone, anyone, bake something for them. The District leader is progressing and I'm also doing my part in looking for the good in people. Well, a little about the 4th of July, the training was good and after the training we went to our dinner appointment and I was so excited to see how American's celebrate independence day but it turned out that we actually had dinner with a Canadian family. It was hillarious to me and we did celebrate the 4th of July just Canadian style. After dinner we did service with Carol and then headed home, got ready for bed and managed to catch 2 fireworks go off before hopping into bed. I kid you not the minute our heads hit the pillow you hear this almighty, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM" and all the fireworks went off all at once and I was just grateful that we live in the basement. I said a prayer that the fireworks would appear silent to me and fell straight to sleep. Funny though because we talked to a lot of other people the next day who said they were kept up until 1:00 a.m. because of the fireworks. I know Heavenly Father definitely answered my prayers. He knows I need my beauty sleep.
Thursday was weekly planning and we went to go visit Tara but she was busy so we quickly stopped by and saw Missy and she was in tears because she really needed upliftment from the spirit. It was actually a cool experience to see how being in the right place at the right time actually is powerful. We shared a lesson and scripture with her then, we went and visited some other people, taught some lessons and ended the night with correlation. It was a good night.
Friday was district meeting. It was good and our district leader committed us to find and set a baptismal date with a new investigator this week so that will be interesting. The summers here are weird because everyone is in transit for about 3 months so our normal appointments are all over the show. Anyways, we visited who we could and then called it a night.
Saturday we went from having nothing planned to having a full day planned. We got to see Taryn and you can see the difference that her baptism has made in her life. Honestly, it was cool. We taught her a lesson about family history and she really didn't want us to leave but overall it was just cool to see that things do work out and that things do get better. We tried to contact a referal, then we taught a few lessons and did some service. It was a good day.
Sunday was church and in the first sacrament meeting that we attended the Bishop was released and a new one called so that was a neat experience. They both bore powerful testimonies and their wives bore powerful testimonies too. We attended a few different Wards that day then we went and contacted another referral and she was hesitant to have us in her home, then we did more service in helping someone move, then we taught a few lessons and we taught Ashlee for the first time since her baptism and she is doing great. We then called it a night / week. The Christensens were out of town all week and returned home last night and it was so cool to catch up with them. Its Sis Christensen's birthday on Tuesday so they've invited us for dinner on Thursday with them. I love the Christensen's and I'm glad they're home.
That's my week and I did recognize this week that I've been a little hard on myself where I let a few things get to me that shouldn't have, but I'm slowly learning that I need to be more patient with people because everyone's learning abilities are different. But honestly, I am learning a lot about God's love for me and how I am trying not to disappoint him. It has been another good week. I have alot of baptism programs to send home so I will do that soon. I love you family and Idaho is stinking hot but I would rather the heat then the cold for sure. I am glad you are going to the temple weekly. I haven't been to the temple since May and it doesn't look like I will get to go any time soon. The next time would probably be either October or November with the Earl family. I love you all. Have an awesome week and enjoy spending time with Cola. Take care, Sister Chadderton.
No comments:
Post a Comment