FAMILY!
Oh, goodness I am glad your week has gone well. I love getting your emails and I am glad you had fun at the grandparent's anniversary party. So, yes, I am in Nyssa. It has been a LONG WEEK!!!!!!!!!! And I will fill you in on all the details. They would say I got an, "Emergency transfer" as transfers aren't for another 2 weeks. That means, I will be here in Nyssa for the next 2 weeks, then transfers will happen and who knows where I will end up again. Let me start at the beginning and don't worry I am the hero in the story. Haha!
So, Monday was P-Day where we played volleyball with our Zone and then we drove back to Middleton and Sister Rupp - who is the wife of Shane Rupp who was a carver at PCC - came and picked us up for dinner. She had made a mean feed of curried chicken, rice, shoyu chicken and potato salad - REAL FOOD! Honestly, I didn't tell her about any of my allergies because it all looked so good and I found out that none of the food she made had any dairy or gluten in it. After dinner, we went and contacted some people, then we called it a night as Sister Watson wasn't feeling well. We came home, and the Nyssa Sister missionaries called to set up exchanges for the next day. The plan was that Sister Watson would go to Nyssa for the day and Sister King and I would stay in Middleton and Sister Armstrong would come from Nyssa and be our companion for the day. That was the plan when we went to bed.
Tuesday morning I woke up, and my companions weren't feeling well so they stayed in bed a little longer, and I figured instead of sitting around doing nothing I would clean our bathroom and kitchen so I was cleaning all morning. Then Sister Watson got out of bed and said she still wasn't feeling well and didn't think that exchanges would be a good idea, so I called the Nyssa sisters and we decided that instead of Sister Watson going to Nyssa I would go for the day and Sister Pyhu would come to Middleton with Sister Watson and Sister King. So this was fine. I go off to Nyssa for the night with Sister Armstrong. Its a great exchange. We did some solid missionary work and I really enjoyed the change of scenery for a day.
Wednesday I get reunited with my companions, and we have some appointments and places to be and things to do, so we do that. We have dinner, then we go on splits and I went on splits with this older lady. She is probably in her late 70's and it was 8:00 p.m. by the time we were heading out and it was funny because she kept saying "It's dark in their house, we probably shouldnt knock!" But, being a missionary I figured, nah lets knock, well no one was home/or let us in, so we went back to her place and I did some service for her while I was waiting for my companions to return as they were with another Sister from the Ward. It was a good night and it ended on a spiritual high.
Thursday was weekly planning and it went really well. We got our whole week planned and we had fun which is always a good thing. Then we went to another lady's house and helped her peel and slice apples to put in her dehydrator and after we had dinner with her, then we got to visit Lariann which was awesome but she expressed some concerns about the Sister missionaries in Nyssa who were teaching her mother. She was worried that they were pushing her mother away instead of helping her. Overall it was a good discussion. Lariann is amazing. Her testimony is so strong and if nothing else I know I needed to be in Middleton to meet her today and learn from her story. That night I was saying to my companions how sad it will be when transfers happen because I have so enjoyed serving with the both of them.
Friday was District meeting and we got a ride to that. We had parked our car at the Chapel which is about 4 miles from town and a lady took us to the meeting. It was a really good meeting and the Elders are now use to having Sisters around. After the meeting we went to lunch, then got picked up and dropped in Middleton as we were going to walk for the rest of the day to our appointments. So, our first appointment is to see Fern and Ken and they had put together a light snack for us and they also had a tonne of onions and canned foods for us. While we are at Fern and Ken's the phone rings and I think to myself, "Dang I forgot to put it on silent!" It was President Cannon and because Sister King has been conversing with him a lot I figured I'd just hand her the phone and she went out to take the call. However, she comes back and says, "It's for you!" Now I'm worried! I step out of the room to take the call and President Cannon says, "Sister Chadderton what are you doing right now?" I told him we were in an appointment and so he said okay I need your help with something but please give me a call back after the appointment. We taught our lesson then left and I saw that we had another missed call and a voicemail from President Cannon and I thought okay so he has figured things out he must have just called to tell us. So this is where it gets almost comical - picture 3 Sister missionaries walking along the main street in a country town, carrying bags of onions and canned foods and flowers, leaning in to listen to a voicemail message from our Mission President. President Cannon in his message says, "Sorry to interupt your appointment but can you call me as soon as you get this message?" I didn't hesitate and called President back straight away and he says, "Sister Chadderton, I need you to come to Nyssa and be companions with Sister Armstrong for the rest of the transfer. The Caldwell Sisters are on their way to your apartment to pick you up to bring you to Nyssa." And then he said something else like, "Are you going to miss Middleton" or something, and without thinking, I said out loud, "I'm going to miss my companions!" At this point my two companions turn around and are like, "WHAT'S GOING ON?" So, I finish talking with President and I turn to my companions and I said, "I guess I'm going to Nyssa?" They were not happy campers, but we managed to pull ourselves together. We still have to get to our car and we are in the middle of town with our onions and canned foods and flowers and our car is about 4 miles from where we are and I have a set of Sister missionaries on their way to pick me up. We walk to the nearest church building which was a few hundred meters away, call anyone we can find and we finally get a hold of a lady who comes and takes us back to our car, then we go home. By this time the other Sisters are already at our place, so it's a mad rush and I literally am just chucking everything I can into my suitcases and within an hour from getting home I am in Nyssa. I said goodbye to my trio, and then said hello to my new companion Sister Armstrong. BREATH! Was pretty much all I was telling myself. I dropped my stuff at our place in NYSSA then got in the car and we had an appointment about an hour away so on the ride I found out from Sister Armstrong what had happened between the Sisters as to why an, "Emergency transfer" had to happen and long story short the Sister's were arguing while driving in the car and it became dangerous - just a bit of Sister drama! After the appointment we went home and I unpacked and then went to bed! On the plus side of this emergency transfer, I now have a queensize bed.
Saturday, we got up early and went with the Stake to help pick apples from the church orchard then we came back and helped cook spaghetti for a fundraiser for a local lady who was in an accident. It was an awesome activity because we got to meet a lot of community members who are non-members, then we went to the General Relief Society broadcast which was incredible! Oh my goodness, we have an amazing General Relief Society Presidency and President Eyring spoke and his talk was awesome too. It got me so pumped for General Conference that I cannot wait, and yes, unlike Sister N, I get to watch all 4 sessions. Poor Sister N!
Sunday was good. We went to church, then we met with a few of the Ward Mission Leaders and did some correlating and then we went to Boise because we had a Temple Open House training and guess what? They surprised us and took us on a tour of the Temple!!!! It was incredible! It was so good to be back in the Temple, even if it hasn't been rededicated yet. In the training, they said we will be required to be at the Temple every day and working for at least 4 hours a day and maybe more. We received some Public Affairs training and were told that we needed to look professional. President Cannon turned around and said to us, "I think they just gave you all permission to go buy a new wardrobe" and we all laughed, but its probably true considering we are all used to serving in country towns. But, definitely the highlight of my week was being back in the Temple. We live about an hour from Boise, so we drove home, had dinner, then went to an appointment with none other then Lariann's mum! Her name is Patsy and she is incredible. It was such a spiritual lesson and it felt so good to be teaching and testifying again. She will be baptized soon enough and I am excited to teach her. We had a few more calls to make and then organized our week before calling it a night.
So, Monday, here I am, sitting at a computer in Nyssa emailing you. We may be going shopping today but hopefully we can stick to the thrift stores. Anyway's family, thank you for all your prayers. I know the Lord is giving me strength because it is kind of emotional being ripped from an area and placed into a new area all in the space of 2 hours. My new companion is great, and I will love her like I loved my other companions. I need your prayers so I can continue to face any challenges that lay ahead. I am very grateful for my health this week because I did so good on my eating and I wasn't sick - not even once. My follow up visit with the doctor is tomorrow so I will give you a report on that next email but I have been good. Bytheway, any kind of wheat - even ground wheat - affects me, so I'm sticking to rice, potatoes and corn products. Such is life. It's alot easier when you stop buying wheat products as well.
I love you family and if nothing else, I know the Lord is my strength and I do not boast of myself, I boast in my God, for in his strength I can do all things. And, I hit 14 months tomorrow! My mission is flying by! You will be making signs for my homecoming before you even know it. Love you family. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxo
001 - Sister Armstrong and I on exchanges - but now she's my new companion.
002 - Saw this sign in a restaurant and thought it was funny. Haha!
003 - I guess this is called a wrap? Black girls do their hair like this before bed so Sister King did my hair before bed.
004 - In the library at the Church building while waiting for a ride to take us to our car on our crazy Friday!
005 - Last picture of the trio! Notice how tall I am?





No comments:
Post a Comment