5 September 2012


Family!!!

Thank you for all your emails.  "Happy Fathers day" dad! Who knew it was Father's day? Someone should have told me sooner, but I'm glad you had a good day. So, wow, what a week.  I have a lot to fill you in on and yes, I got transferred, and it was Labor Day yesterday so everything was closed and we couldn't email. I will tell you more about transfers shortly so let me start at the very beginning of my week.

Monday, we had an awesome P-Day where we played nerf wars and then we exchanged and so it was Sister Cline, Sister Anderson and I.  We had dinner in Meridian after our activity then we were off to Boise to teach a lesson then drove back to Meridian later that night.  It was so good to be with Sister Anderson and Sister Cline and there was a lot of laughter and fun on our trip.

Tuesday was my doctors appointment and he prescribed me with some drugs for nausea and stomach pains but no real conclusion as to what's wrong. He took some blood tests and stuff but I didn't think it was a very productive visit as I asked him if I should be avoiding any foods and so forth and he said if I wanted to I could but that I shouldn't have to.  I have medicine now so when I do get sick I can take it.  I think I have been so busy this past week that I haven't had time to worry about being sick.  After the doctors we had lunch in Boise at the Sister's apartment, then we went and taught a few lessons and then went and got dinner.  So for dinner,  between the three of us we had a total of  $11.00 in cash to buy something for dinner. We ended up getting this giant sandwich which we spilt 3 ways and we took it back to the Chapel to eat it.  As we were sitting in the kitchen eating a 1/3 each of this sandwich, Sister Anderson remarked, "The things you would only do on your mission!"  It made us laugh but there is nothing wrong with humility. Then we went and did some gardening for this one family and we got to eat lots of fruits and veggies right out of the garden.  It was so good and we got an entire lesson on compost. I'm an expert now at gardening.  It was the end of exchanges so after gardening and exchanging companions and went home to Meridian.

Wednesday we had interviews with President Cannon and it was a great interview and I was bold enough to ask President if it were possible for me to have a lay over in Salt Lake City on my way home to see a certain Sister missionary and he said he would help me out to make it happen, but he also said I would need to get permission from Sister Nicola Chadderton's  Mission President for it to happen too. So we will see what happens. Later that day we had back to back appointments all night and we got home around 9:30 p.m. and hadn't had dinner. Lucky the Christensen's had all this food in their fridge because they were concerned that we hadn't eaten and were happy that they had food in their fridge for us, so needless to say it was more of a mid-night snack then a dinner but hey I would rather be busy and miss dinner then not busy and eat all night.  We were fine.

Thursday was zone training and then we went and saw Anissa and had another amazing lesson with her.  She was so sweet in that she had brought Sister Bishaw and I these cool books.  Honestly, we haven't been able to have companionship studies that much this week because we were always off early to appointments and so I didn't feel super prepared going into Anissa's lesson and we were trying to help her understand a scripture in Matthew 22.  When we arrived at her home I felt the spirit take control of the lesson and whatever came out of our mouths is what she needed to hear. It was so humbling for me to see how you can truly trust the Lord when he says that he will give you the words you need in the moment you need them.  I know I came out of that lesson more grateful and aware of the workings of the spirit. I forget sometimes of the power and authority we carry as missionaries but its always a good reminder having lessons like that. Then we tried seeing a few other people before dinner and then it was off to Boise for the rest of the night where we also taught a few lessons.  The commute between Meridian and Boise is approximately 30 minutes depending on traffic so there is a bit of commuting during the days.

Friday we had to pick up Sister Lee as she was spending the day with us because her companion, Sister Howard was going on her departing temple trip so we looked like a real circus.   Four Sister missionaries in the one car because Sister Bishaw is the only one of that has her license so we spent the whole day together. We went to Boise District meeting and it was a really spiritual experience as we talked a lot about prayer. Then we had lunch, then came home and made banana bread for Carol because it was her birthday. After that we took Sister Lee back to the Mission office and President Cannon was there and he said, "So who wants to know what's happening with transfers?"  We were happy that he told us because we didn't have to wait for our phone call later that evening.  He said I was being transferred and that I was going to Middleton and I am going to be in a trio with a Sister King and Sister Watson.  Needless to say I was expecting a transfer but wasn't expecting to be in a trio.  Sister King has been out for about 8 months and she is from Georigia, and Sister Watson has been out for about 3 months (she was in the MTC with Sister Bishaw) and she is from Arizona.  My week with Sister A and Sister B was preparing me for this new transfer in a trio.  Well, that was nice of President and after learning about transfers we went to dinner then we went and visited the Sager family and I told them I was leaving and funny thing, they weren't too happy about that. I love that family! But the hardest part wasn't  telling the Sager's it was telling the Christensen's I was leaving. They weren't happy either.

Saturday we had zone training in Boise, then we came home and the Christensen's wanted to take me to P F Chang's before I got transferred so they took us to lunch, then we came home and did progress records and dropped them off, then I had to pack. I realized I had accumulated a lot of stuff since being in Meridian so I had to get rid of stuff or donate a lot of it to Deseret Industries of which I did, then did my laundry before visiting other people that night. Packing was frustrating me and I wanted to do something else to take my mind off the transfer as this transfer is definitely the hardest because I've been in Meridian for so long.  I didn't want to say goodbye to anyone because they always say things like, How unfair it is that you get transferred" or  "You should stay" and stuff.  I really do miss Meridian.

Sunday was church, and the Bishop from one of the Wards asked us to come and help him teach Relief Society so we did and it was fun.  Bishop definitely knows what is up when it comes to missionary work. Then we went to Boise and had lunch with a family in Boise and it was really cool.   After lunch we drove back to Meridian and had dinner with the Webb and the Bovee families and took a few pictures then headed home so I could finish packing and getting everything sorted for Monday.

Monday morning we had to wake up at 5:00 a.m. to be at the Mission office by 6:30 a.m. as I was being picked up and taken to my area first thing that morning.   I got dropped in Caldwell and Sister King and I spent the day with the Caldwell missionary sisters, because our driver Sister Watson wasn't arriving until 4:40pm as she was coming from Twin Falls. She is our driver as neither Sister King or I have our license. It was a good day but I was so tired!!!!!!!! It took every ounce of patience I could find to get through the day but I know the Lord strengthened me.  We got to our place in Middleton.  Geographically, I'm back in the country area but Middleton is about 20 miles from Boise, and we live on a farm like property with a horse who isn't a very nice horse.  My new address is:

6543 Schmidt Lane
Star, ID, 83669

We actually live in a place called Star but our area Middleton is a 6 mile drive from us.  I think it's going to be a good transfer and I cannot believe how quickly my mission is going.  I  only have 3 transfers left and I am confident those will fly.

Well,  it has been a BUSY week but a good week.  I have a tonne of pictures that I will send.  When I was in Meridian we called ourselves, "Sister's AB&C" because we had Sister Anderson, Sister Bishaw and Sister Chadderton so I have a few pictures of us.  It was a great end to the transfer and I know their are new experiences awaiting me. I love you family, and I am guessing my package might end up in Meridian but I will get it soon enough. Thanks for sending that. Did you send any of those scarfs? Anyway's have a good week and I hope your coughs go away once and for all.  I got a letter from Sis N.  and it sounds like she is doing good.  Please be sure to forward me her big emails so I can read them too? Take care family.  Love you! Sister Chadderton


5267 - Zone picture
5300 - Rock wall in Boise
5281 - My district
5275 - Sister's A, B & C - Anderson, Bishaw & Chadderton
5291-  In the car on our way to Boise
5303 - Me with the Bovee family
5294 - At P F Changs
5321 - Crazy picture
5295 - Christensen's and I at P F Changs
5307 -  Webb family
5308 -  Webb family again
5317 -  Sister Bovee, myself and Sister Webb (Barb)

Enjoy the pics!

















No comments:

Post a Comment