Family!
Woohoo! Its email time again. Thank you for all your emails and it's always good to know that you are all alive and well. This past week has been good but not as eventful as others. So, this email may not be as long as others. Before I forget, "Mum can you send me the recipe for Pavlova please. There is another recipe I want but I can't remember which one. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOE!!!!!!! I did in fact post you a present last week so look out for that in the mail. I'm not a real cool present buyer but its the thought that counts right?
So, last Monday for P-Day, we were all ready to go biking but we had to figure out how to put the bike rack on the car and it was already 11.30 a.m. The Elders offered to help us if we would drop them home after, so we did that, except then we got stuck in traffic, so we didn't get home for a long time, thus it was even later and hotter and then everyone we were to go with bailed out on us so we decided to take a rain check on the bike ride. Which actually worked out in our favor because I myself organized and was able to write to the people that I hadn't written to in ages. I've sent all my baptism programs home and I've also replied to the Young Women and have sent the letters to our home address because I didn't have any of their addresses. They are all in individual envelopes with pictures and stuff so if you can give them to the Young Women that would be cool. I also received the letters from the YSA and I will reply one day. That night we had dinner and FHE with a family then contacted a few other people before calling it a night. The time seemed to go so quickly.
Tuesday was Sister Christensen's birthday and we bought her a card and I gave her some New Zealand chocolate. Then we taught some lessons to less actives and recent converts which were great. We saw Anthony and he is still doing good and I'm hoping he gets approval before September to be baptized. We went and saw Ben and organized his baptism. He is excited for his baptism so thats always a good thing. We also met up with the lovely Pine Family (SHOUT OUT TO MY PINE FAMILY) who were in Boise for the week. We went to a Chinese buffet so I will attach pictures of that. I love that family! That night we had a correlation meeting and then taught a lesson to one of our less actives.
Wednesday we had a lunch appointment with a lady that we are currently teaching and she, along with another lady took us to this Sushi restaurant. The sushi was incredible but I do think the one at Haleiwa Joe's in Hawaii is better. I was kinda in sushi heaven. We went and saw Julie, visited some referrals only to find that none of them were home. Okay so funny story (well, maybe it's not funny but still), we forgot to buy toilet paper on Monday and we hadn't checked the cupboard to know if we were running low. Everyone is always saying, "Do you sisters need anything?" Honestly, we never do, but this time we thought if anyone asks we would say, "We need toilet paper!" So we are visiting with this one lady and she hands us her phone number and she kept saying, "Sisters, if you need anything please let us know!" I kept thinking to myself, "I'm not asking her for toilet paper thats dumb!" Then she said it again and my companion looked at me and then the lady stepped out of the room and she said please sisters if you need anything don't hesistate, so I finally plucked up the courage and said, "Well we do actually need something, we need toilet paper?" She's like, "Oh my goodness let me go check!" So, she runs downstairs and comes back up with 2 half rolls and so she asks if we can wait while she goes to the store to get some. We had to get to a dinner appointment so we couldn't stay but she indeed left a pack of toilet paper on our door step. Note to self, "Don't forget to buy toilet paper on P-Day!" The members are awesome in helping the missionaries. That night we did service and got to iron to my hearts content. The people couldn't believe that I actually liked ironing. I said well you have my mum to thank for that because she made sure we ironed everything. So, I am grateful I know how to iron.
Thursday was weekly planning and then we attended a funeral. Such a sad experience and I've decided that I don't like funerals and that I would rather not go to any. But at the same time I am grateful to know that death isn't the end. After the funeral we visited a lady by the name of Missy who isn't all that interested in being baptized but she likes the missionaries and we appreciate her. That night the Christensen's took us out for Sister Christensen's birthday and we went to the Cheesecake factory. (It would appear that we have eaten out alot this week). Following dinner we went to see Taryn and she is doing good. The temperature today was extremely hot and we had walked almost every where today.
Friday was our last District meeting before transfers and we had lunch with the Senior couple in our District then we went and visited Lois, saw Craige, and visited a few less actives before dinner and later visited Carol - my favorite person, then it was home time. It was a very busy day. Busy, but great!
Saturday saw us having lunch at Subway, then we delivered some progress records, did some service, visited the Sager family, then did more service/ teaching lessons. It was a bit of a low key but Sunday made up for it.
Sunday, we went to a few different Wards and after our second Ward, we went to visit a referral who wanted to have the lessons and that was exciting. He is excited so we will wait and see what happens. We taught some awesome lessons this day and the spirit was really strong. I don't know how else to describe how awesome it is to feel the spirit in lessons. Honestly, it is my favorite thing to feel the spirit in our lessons. Then we had dinner then taught a few more lessons before heading home.
Today we played tennis. Woohoo! You would have been proud of me mother! My partner and I won our doubles match and I was about to whip an Elder in singles but I decided I would never hear the end of it, so I let him win. But he knows there is a rematch coming. My companion isn't big on tennis so she didn't play. It was cool and I had fun. Tonight we're doing some service for the Christensen's and we have some good things planned that we will do. Friday this coming week we get transfer calls so next week you will know whats happening with me. Pretty sure I'm sticking around Meridian for a bit longer, but you never know. Overall a good week!
Good to hear you are all doing well. Keep taking care of yourself and I will attach pictures. I love you all. I can't beleive its nearly been a whole year and I can't believe Cola leaves so soon! Love you all. Take care, and enjoy the temple and the gym for me. I am highly jealous. Oh and I have funny tan lines now. Haha. Love you, Sister Chadderton xoxo
Not many pictures this week but here you go.
001 - Package from Aeroview Ward Young Women
002 - With Maryann. Shes awesome.
003 - The Pine family - serious picture!
004 - The Pine family - crazy picture!




No comments:
Post a Comment