22 May 2021


Family!

First of all:

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy Birthday Dear Dad,
Happy Birthday to you!

Just imagine, "Me" singing that to "You" in a good voice. lol. I love you Dad. Hope it was a great birthday and by the sounds of it, it was a good night. Have a safe trip to the Solomon Islands and don't eat any sketchy food.  Please be safe.

Anyway's, this week has been good. I don't know if it has been an eventful week but it has been a good week.  So, Monday was P-Day and then on Tuesday we were planning on going out to teach lessons with a sister who is preparing for her mission.  Unfortunately, all our lessons got cancelled so that wasn't cool but it was still a good experience.   Well, Tuesday ended with us doing regular missionary work where we were contacting people and trying to set up more appointments.

Wednesday we got a new car.  We have a Chevy Malibu now instead of a Toyota Corolla so it's a change but I like my Toyota so I miss it.   Back to missionary work, we found out that Barb broke her ankle and was in hospital. She was out riding her bike with Ron Bovee and she fell wrong and broke her ankle now she has to have surgery on it. So, I am well and good but Barb has a broken ankle so we have been helping her a lot recently.   That night we got to teach Bree again so that was really cool. We taught her the plan of salvation lesson and she really liked it, then we talked about baptism for a little bit so we will see what happens.

Thursday was weekly planning and we got to visit Kristin and that is always cool. Kristin is doing amazingly well and honestly, it is just cool spending time with her as she is like an older Sister. That night we had a few correlation meetings where we were able to update information with our Ward Mission Leaders.

Friday was District meeting and following our meeting we went to this Mongolian Grill place for lunch and an older missionary couple paid for the entire District's lunch.  It was crazy! Following that, we went and taught Craige who said he wants to go on a mission.  He needs to be baptized first, but he needs to come to church before he can be baptized so we don't know how long this process is going to take. He works a lot on Sunday which prevents him from coming to Church.  Anyway, Friday night it felt like we were hitting brick walls the whole time and it took us a lot to stay out and keep working because everything we had lined up fell through.  But it was a lesson in the importance of enduring to the end.

On Saturday we went to a baptism because Craige was going to come with us, but he didn't show up.  It was sad because it was a great baptism.  We then had lunch, did progress records and we went and saw Charmaine and taught her the first lesson. It was so cool. And she even committed to coming to church. We also helped transplant trees and then we went and taught Charmaine's daughter named Karen and she is a lovely person to be around.  That night we had someone take us out to dinner to Goodwood BBQ.  It was okay, but nothing to rave about.   After dinner, we went over and taught the Webbs neighbor a lesson and that was really awesome.  So the night ended really well.

Sunday was crazy (as usual).  We attended the 9:00 a.m. Ward with one of our investigators, following that we then went to the 11:00 a.m. Ward and Charmaine was there so that was cool! Then we went to the 1:00 p.m. Ward and finished off with lunch with the Webbs (Fish Tacos) which were amazing and then we went and taught a few lessons. It was a cool day. I had an epiphany at church - I only have 5 transfers left. Which means after this next transfer I will hit my year mark and then I am on the home straight. That's crazy to me. And it made me realize how quickly this time goes and how much work I have left to do. Its crazy. But it also made me realize a lot of things I needed to realize about missionary work. The spirit works in amazing ways.

Anyway's, this week has been good. As I said before, nothing real eventful but we rejoice in the small victories. I know this is where I need to be with the companion I need to be with so I am taking everything in its stride and learning what I can. I am glad you all had a good week too. I will attach some pictures in another email, and I will send off dad and mums birthday presents today - yes I know, bad at timing things!!!!! Love you all. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxo
002 - Me helping. lol
003 - Group picture.
004 - Another view of the backyard of Charmaine's house. 
005 - The backyard. We planted all the trees and laid all the grass/turf.





No comments:

Post a Comment