HELLO FAMILY!!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR! Did you know that for a whole day we were in different years? Cool huh? Yeah Im a nerd... How are you all doing? Thank you again for all your emails. Enlightening and delightful to say the least. Possibly my favorite part of pday is emailing. Anyways I feel like I just emailed you so I dont have a lot to report. Sorry if this email is shorter then my usual novels but I will try and see what details I havent told you yet.So Thursday evening we went to Richfield and my goodness if ever there was a time when nothing worked out like planned it was Thursday night. We had an appointment at 4pm that wasnt there, then we had 3 back up plans that low and behold werent home either. I kept thinking great your first day with your new missionary and nothing works out, yet its typical of satan and missionary work. So we werent getting reception on our phone (because we were in the middle of no where) and I was sick of driving around aimlessly (and you cant tract on farms???) so we went to the chapel where we got reception and I started making a few calls to see who might be home who we could visit. Anyways as I was doing that I told my companion to go through the area book to see if any names in Richfield stood out to her. She said how about Anette Moore? And I searched the contacts and sure enough she was in our phone, I called her and said hey this is the sister missionaries we were wondering if we could come visit you. She said yeah sure so we went over. I had never met this lady before and she was LA so we went in with trust that that was where the Lord needed us and sure enough it was. We had a great visit with her and learned she has been trying to quit smoking for a while now so we gave her some material that the church has that hopefully will help her.That was a cool experience. Then that night we went to the Pitmans and because my companion is new I asked her how she would feel if I used her as an excuse to teach our LAs lessons. Its interesting reading Rickys emails because we deal with the same problem with LAs. So we are with the Pitmans and we normally just shared like visiting teaching type message but I said instead so my companion has been in the mission field for a day and needs practice teaching the lessons do you mind if we pratice teaching the lessons on you and ofcourse they said yes because they thought they were doing us a favor little did they know how powerful the spirit is when you teach full PMG lessons. SO we taught them the first lesson - my companion did great but the greatest part was the spirit and how much the spirit filled there house like I havent felt it in their house before, and how we were finally able to learn of concerns they have regarding why they dont come to church. So I felt very blessed that night to have a companion so willing. I wasnt trying to make her sound inadequate but I know the power that are in the PMG lessons and teaching LA a lesson is alot more benefical spiritually then sharing a nice scripture or a quote. Only problem is that when my companion gets older we wont be able to use that excuse for our LAs.Then Friday was spent in Shoshone and we saw a host of people. We met a girl named Cara who was meeting with the missionaries before and she is a new investigator but she is very busy so we arent sure exactly when we can meet with her next. We met alot of LA and did the same thing with them that we did the night before and my goodness is was incredible to see the difference in their lives. Their is this lady who lives in the care center her name is Liz and for the past 6 weeks she has refused to read the BOM because she is on fluid restrictions and she doesnt want to dry her mouth out and not have water to drink (long story... ) anyways we asked if we could practice the lesson on her and she agreed and by the time we were done the lesson she said you know I have been praying for forgiveness for not reading my BOM but everything keeps telling me that I should just read it so will you stay and read some BOM with me, so we did. It was great. I have seen this lady slowly changing. She has a long way to go but its cool seeing the small changes in her. Then we met a few other people, but I started to feel real sick. My stomach was not agreeing with me. We had a dinner appointment and I sat there and looked at the food and didnt have an appetite for anything. I would have been happy having water for dinner but because I just felt nausitious(sp?) Anyways I suffered through a whole plate of food and by the time I left I couldnt concentrate on anything because of how yuck I felt. We still had 2 appointments for the night so we went to our 7pm appointment and I walked in the house and they were making meat loaf and the meat loaf smell and my stomach did not agree. I sat there and with all the strength I had I stopped myself for throwing up all over the floor. I tried to wrap the lesson up quickly so we could get out of there and at about 7.40pm we left. I said to my companion im sorry but I honestly cannot sit through another appointment I cant concentrate on anything and she said yeah it looked like all you were doing was working hard to hold everything in. SO we went home for the night and I had to call and cancel the other appointment. It was in North Shoshone which is about a 15min drive from where our other appointment was. So we got inside and I kid you not the minute we got inside it bucketted down rain, but not just rain it was windy beyond belief, then rain turned into ice and ice turned into snow so we were sitting inside watchign this HUGE storm going on outside and my companion said well im glad you got sick Heavenly Father was protecting us from the storm. And I just kept thinking to myself the Lord works in mysterious ways. We would have been driving and caught in the middle of that storm but instead we were safely inside.Anways im feeling way better now and who knows why i felt so sick (except to save us from the storm.) Then Saturday was spent in Dietrich but because it was NYE we had to be inside our place by 7pm. So we came home, watched a few church movies and then went to bed. We did have tim tam slams though so that was our big celebration but yes I slept through the new year. Quite an experience.When i woke the next day I kept thinking wow its a new year - WEIRD! It doesnt feel like a whole year has past away. And Hina thats funny what you said about the NYE dipicting your year cause that means I must be sleeping through this year. LOL. But all goods. Then yesterday was a day just like Christmas we didnt have too many appointments but we did teach a few lessons last night in comparison to Christmas where we taught none.Now its pday and were off to Shop. New month, new needs. Im excited for today. Anyways HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELLE. Hope you have a fantabulous day. I love you girl. Make sure your children and husband spoil you. Anyways thanks family for all you do. I love you so much and it was incredible. Last night in my journal I did a summary of the whole year and the highlights of every month and how BUSY this past year has been. This next year I am excited to dedicate the whole thing to the Lord - no questions asked. So I am excited to see what will happen this year. Oh and its my 5 month mark today. Crazy how fast time flys huh? And did you know Elder Chadderton and My Hump marks are in the same month/ day practically. Cool aye? He will reach his year I will reach my 9 months. Anyways. Love you all. Happy new year. Take care, Sister Chadderton xoxoSorry no pictures this week. I will try harder next week....
3rd January 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment