6th December 2011

Hey Family,

Sorry it has taken so long to get to emails today. This P-day we were determined not to go anywhere or do anything and just stay home and relax and as we were having breakfast Sister Roberts (the lady we live with) came in and said she was off to Walmart. Well we needed to go to walmart but didnt have miles so she said we could tag along so we did. Then came home and wrote letters and helped her bake a few cakes, now its email time. I sent some postcards today that I finally found at Walmart so look out for those. This week has been great. But my prayers are certainly with Uncle Rana at this time.I know the Lord is taking care of him and I am anxious to learn updates. Also I don't know if I mentioned this before but if anything serious ever happens please call the mission office and tell the mission president so he can pass the message on. I would hate to have to wait until P-day to get all the bad news. Anyways, I love you family and I am so glad you went to the temple. That's truly the only place we can feel peace and comfort. Hopefully, in these next 2 weeks I will finally get to go to the temple.

Anyways, this week has been good, but I have noticed a trend. Whenever we have a baptism coming up or something great and spiritual we also have Satan working harder then he ever does. The Lord truly helped us through this week. Tuesday we spent in Shoshone and we met with Lily and we taught her all of lesson one. We then walked around Shoshone with Lily to help her find a job and she has a few possibilities, so I am crossing my fingers that she gets a job soon. Then we did service that night which was helping set up a Christmas tree.  Following that we had a lesson with Manone and we talked alot about 2 Nephi 2 and the Plan of Salvation.  It was great. That night we headed to Carey.

Wednesday was good and that night we taught Brenda the commandments and it was incredible. She did not hesistate to agree to live by any of the commandments and she pretty much said she was already living the commandments she just didn't know it. She came so prepared from the Lord. Thursday we spent sometime in Richfield and saw a few of our Less Active people and we had a really good, spiritual discussion with the Pitman family. They are truly coming around. It was cool.
Then on Friday we spent the day in Shoshone and boy was Satan out in all his glory that day. I threw an amazing, "Pity Party" for myself and following that,  I got all your letters from a few weeks ago. I got the card from Hina with the pictures of little man and I was blown away by how grown up he looks, and thats an awesome miracle about Joe's work time changing. Then I got Dad's letter which was filled with advice, but when I got mums letter it made me break down and realize just how much I had let Satan in that day. Mum you are truly right. I loved all your advice and I read that talk by Boyd K Packer again. Your letter truly helped me make it through the day. My poor companion. I sometimes feel like the Grinch and shes my happy little elf, but she stood with me and helped me out of my funk... But family you have no idea how much letters mean to me! They were so inspirational and I am determined to not let myself get that low again. Silly Satan. Also I got a cool package from the Narayans and it made my day. Sister Roberts said I had a package and I wasn't expecting one so it came at the right time.

Anyways, that night we took the Zone Leaders (who are also the district leaders) to Carey so they could interview Brenda for baptism. Then we came home and got ready for Saturday. We left Shoshone pretty early Saturday morning, got to the church and set up for the baptism. We were expecting everyone at about 12:00 noonish as the baptism started at 1:00 p.m. but low and behold they didn't show up until 12.45pm and we were nervous but Brenda walked in in her white clothes and she looked so happy. Her less-active husband, Ed, came and it was so cool to see her so happy. The baptism was so spiritual and it was small and intimate but that's how she wanted it. We got her a journal as a gift and while the Bishop was giving his remarks he said, "Make sure you keep a journal!"  Needless to say, we were excited when we heard that and doubly excited when we gave her the journal. Then we were off to Hailey to help out the Elders there as they were having a Nativity event with over 75 different nativity scenes set up.  So, our job was to help talk to all the non members who were there. It was a really cool experience and a great start to Christmas. Seeing so many nativity scenes really does make you remember the true meaning of Christmas.

Then we stayed in Carey that evening and went to Brenda's Ward the next day to watch her get confirmed. She was so cute, after she had shaken all the mens hands she was walking back to her chair and we were sitting up the back of the chapel by the entrance and she had this big smile on her face and waved at us. It was so cool. It made me happy. Then fast and testimony meeting was incredible. Cindy who is Brenda's daughter got up and gave an amazing testimony about how important this life is and how Christ never gives up on any of his children so we shouldn't either. It was so touching and the spirit was so strong. Then we came back to Dietrich and taught Walter about the Book of Mormon because he hasn't been reading the Book of Mormon.  After that, it was time to head back to Shoshone where we broke our fast and watched the Christmas Devotional. It was a very good devotional and I hope you all get to see it in the next week or so. 

Well, that is my week family.  I am hoping to skype home on my Christmas Eve which would be your Christmas day. But, it sounds as if Elder Chadderton is calling that day so I might not get any time to skype. I will try and calculate the time but I really want to make sure you are all home.  Let me think more on it.  Normally, the mission let's us call home a few days early to set up a time, but I will see. We have interviews with President next week - December 13th - so I will ask him then.
Also, my goodness please give Button a kiss for me. I am so proud of her getting up and bearing her testimony. I can just imagine her doing that and yeah that reminds me so much of Danii. I have all the Christmas presents now, and they are in one box that I will hopefully post this week. This sounds dumb cause I used my NZ account to buy them and I will use my NZ account to post them so you've all brought your own presents. I know thats dumb and they aren't anything big, just a little something for everyone. Sorry, I will try better for 2012 Christmas.
I love you all so much family. And, if you don't have enough to pray for can you keep my companion in your prayers? Her sister is in hospital with a really low blood platelet count (it was 60,000 and the lowest it should ever get is 120,000) and her Dad is really sick as well, so she is not doing too well. I feel very blessed. I love you all. Take care and good work on the bathroom.  Merry Christmas - Sister Chadderton 
Sorry I forgot to attach these.

001 - Me and Sister Scheopf in the Library before the baptism started
002 - Myself, Brenda and Sister Schoepf (You say it like Chauffer without the err....)
004 - This was coming out of church yesterday. SNOW!
005 - Welcome to Dietrich. In one of our areas.

Love you all!!!!!! Sister Chadderton







No comments:

Post a Comment