19th October 2011

Hello Family,
 
Thank you for all your emails. I love getting all the news from home and hearing what everyone has been up to. Thats awesome that NZ is in the final for RWC who would have known we were that good at rugby. But still its exciting. And that garage looks amazing. As for the cold I am surviving great! I found a bunch of tights in my suitcase (turns out I put them in a special place I forgot about) so now my legs are warm and I am doing good. Every night this past week I have been praying to be able to truly lose myself and go to work. I know that the Lord is helping me do that, and I look forward even more to Tuesdays so I can reconnect with my family. I learnt last night that I get to skype you for a whole hour at christmas time so I am excited for christmas!!!
 
Anyways this week has been good. Because of everything that has been happening with Mitt Romney and the elections etc we have felt just a negative spirit over our area this past week. Im not sure if anyone heard about a debate he had with a Texas baptism minister who called us a cult but apparently everyone we have been teaching watched that debate and had so much to say about our church in a negative way. It was so sad to see.
 
We were sitting in the Readers home and the minute we walked in you could feel this erie spirit and well the discussion then proceeded onto how they always felt judged coming to church, how they dont know if were a cult or not and all this other rubbish really but I was sitting there thinking this is not what I need to be doing with my time. So on Sunday my companion and I fasted for this negative spirit to be taken away, and for us to be able to find more people to teach. Once the baptisms on saturday happen our teaching pool will decrease dramatically so we are trying everything we can to find new people and we have seen the Lords hand in our lives already.
 
Last wednesday we went out to Horse shoe bend like we normally do and we have 3 people say they would be interested in learninge about the gospel. Then on thursday we were in sweet and we had 2 people say they would be interested in learning more about the gospel. Then thursday night we got picked up by a couple in the Garden Valley branch and we spent the night in Garden Valley. I kid you not when I say Garden Valley is the prettiest area of Idaho I have been in so far. It reminded me alot of New Zealand. Loads of trees and windy roads etc and it was so pretty I didnt want to leave. We came back to Emmett and had a few lessons lined up. Then sunday we were asked to speak in Horse Shoe Bend so we got the Vickerys to drive us up to that and we spoke then came back to Emmett for another ward, and then Julie B Beck was in Idaho and they were broadcasting her talk to us in Emmett so we got to watch that and then that night we taught a couple who we hadnt seen in a couple of weeks and it was amazing to feel the difference in both myself and them. I did not enjoy teaching them when I first went into their home, but since that time I have been praying to be strengthened with added love towards them and on sunday night I was able to feel that Love towards them. I felt a genuine love towards them so I was so taken back by that. I always say if the Lord loves them thats good enough reason for me to love them. Its very hard sometimes but I need to love someone before I can help them change.
 
Then last night we had baptismal interviews with the Earls and thats the picture I have attached. Its from last night. Not the greatest but there will be more next week after the baptisms on Saturday.
 
Anyways family I love you all. The church is true and it does indeed bring people closer to Christ. I think the sadest thing that has happened this week is seeing how much investigators are judged when we bring them to church. I heard a lot of stories this week of people feeling judged coming into our church and I just feel like telling the members get the chip off your shoulder and say hi to investigators. But thems the trials. The Lord is amazing and it truly is the sifting of the wheat. Those who dont get offended are more ready sometimes. 
Anyways I am learning to love being a missionary. I am so glad I am in Idaho at this time. I love you family. Keep doing good and taking care of yourselves and GO THE ALL BLACKS!!! WOOHOO. Love, Sister Chadderton

No comments:

Post a Comment