FAMILY!!!!!!
My goodness it feels like it has taken me forever to get to PDAY. My Pday is on a tuesday so I literally had to wait an entire week to get to email you guys. So I only have 25mins and I will try and update you ask quick as possible about everything here. I am in a threesome with 2 other sisters. One is Sister Cooper she is from Reno Nevada and she is going to serve in the California Ventura Mission, and my other companion is Sister Anderson she is from Atlanta, Georgia and she is going to serve in Boise, Idaho with me. I am in a district with 4 other companionships all elders, and I feel like a mother to them all because they are all fresh out of high school.
On Thursday night I was interviewed by the branch president and called as the coordinataing sister for the zone which is like a sister version of the zone leaders. They only have one sister do it, so I was taken back when I was called to the position. It means I have to welcome new sisters into the zone, and branch and be an example and be friendly, but it will be a good experience. I love my district, and I am the only one international one in my entire Zone so everyone is quite facinated by New Zealand and a few elders even know flight of the concords its funny. They all try and put on NZ accents all the time. OH and I LOVE getting your mail. At the moment I have received the most mail in the zone and everyday our district leader walks in and is like 'Sorry Sister Chadderton no mail today.' and I am like oh okay, and then two minutes later he pulls out your guys letters and is like just kidding. He gets a huge kick out of it so needless to say I play along. Its funny. But thank you so much for all your letters. I really really appreciate them.
The cafeteria is very different but me and my companions have been having sack meals alot for breakfast which means you go into this room choose a few items (just like byuh) and thats what you eat for breakfast. We do that because we normally have gym right after breakfast so instead of getting all dressed to go to the cafe we can sack meals in our gym clothes. DAD you would be shocked by the amount of sugar in everything. A small container of milk has 17grams of suagr and a small down of ready packed cereal has 16 grams of sugar so needless to say I havent had any milk/juice/cereal since being here in the MTC. Also the bread has like 3grams of sugar in each slice its ridiculous and every meal at the mtc is normally burgers and fries. I am eating good though and have no put on any weight yet (or i still sit all my clothes at least.)
Also Sister Anderson one of my companions has real bad asthma so we dont spend alot of time at gym but i normally run about 1.5miles and then my companions are ready to leave. We are learning so much and the first few days felt like I was being fed by a water hydrant. Everything was thrown at you but by today I am finally getting my head around the rountine and the teaching.
Every single day and every minute of every day is planned out so it makes it easy to know what to do, but we do get tired. I have taught several lessons already (mostly just the first lesson about the restoration and how much God loves his children) but the hardest part is being able to sync with the other two sisters so that we arent stepping all over each other in our lessons.
We taught a lesson to this lady yesterday in the TRC (training resource center) her name is Hely, and she went on and on about gutamala cause that is where she was from, when we finally got to the lesson we were running out of time and she mentioned how she found some bits of the book of mormon boring so instead we told her of the story of Ammon and King Lamoni and we challeneged her to read those chapters in Alma because they are interesting so hopefully she will. All our "investigators" are all members but we are told to treat them as real investigators and the only way we know if we are doing good in teaching or getting better in teaching is how far our invetigators improve or by what they committ to. It is so interesting.
I also just got back from the Provo Temple and IT IS AMAZING. It is so pretty and so big i couldnt get over it. Our session was tiny because they have several sessions going all at the same time and everyone in the session was asked to be in the prayer circle. My companionship were the only ones in the session that were missionaries but boy that temple is beautiful. Also they tell us not to take our own clothing to the temple and the temple supplies everything so that was nice. It is nice to be able to walk to the temple and strech the legs because like I mentioned we are in class or sitting down all day. I took some pictures but it takes a few days for them to be printed, i ordered them today and they should be here in the next few days then I will send them home. I will try and label them all so you know what they are. My companion Sister Cooper and I have the exact same cameras hers is just gold and mine is purple.
Hina and Joe - i prayed and fasted that joe would get the Tues-Friday shift so let me know what happens. COLA - yes I have seen Elder Shields and a bunch of other elders and sisters from BYUH including Sister Spencer (Syndi-mei) and my companions have this running joke. They think I know so many people so every time I pass someone who I say hi to they are always like there is Sister Chaddertons 67th friend, or thats number 89. Its funny, but I really dont know that many people. I have had a few elders who went to school with Elder Chadderton come up to me and ask if I was Rickys sister one was that Izzy guy and another I dont know his name but they both saw Elder Chadderton so that was really cool.
My teachers are really nice. Its funny though because we get 2 hours of personal study time a day so when we ask them questions or anything they are always like umm how about you study that in your personal study time and tell me the answer. I have been struggling with being blunt and upfront about the gospel. As my teacher put it he said I am beating around the bush when it comes to talking to peopel about the gospel, and I knew I was I guess I am just scared of rejection, but I got a strong impression in the temple today if you are not sharing of your knowledge and your conviction of what you know is true then you are not using your talents and your gifts like you should be. It was what i needed to hear and I also was able to feel that I need not be scared. You know what to say JUST SAY IT! So I know the Lord is with me every step of the way.
ALSO I love getting your emails and thanks for the pictures. I miss my niece and nephew so much!!!! I want little smooches from the little man. Every time mum mentions feeding him solids I can just imagine him being stubborn enough to keep his mouth closed. And miss hinalei looks like she is growing up. Also I never got Elder Chaddertons email? Can you please dear elder it to me along with his actual email address? And cola what is your home address? I have a picture for you. Well I love you all. I really really appreciate everything you have done for me and i apologise in advance if I do not get to reply to everyones emails I just ran out of time. The MTC is a great place. i know it is where the Lord needs me to be and I am so excited to continue to learn and do his work and spread the message of the restored gospel. Have a great week. keep walking dad I miss it!!!!!!!!!! Lots of love - Sister Chadderton
No comments:
Post a Comment